Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 18th, 2009, 12:37 PM   #1
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Bad Driver

I went for a ride today, to get some fresh air after the F-1 race, and came upon a total loser. This woman pulls out, without looking (luckily I was looking), cutting me off, then drives 10MPH under the limit, then decides to wash her windshield, spraying the washer all over me. I decide to pass this wonderfully thoughtful woman and tell her, she Can't Understand Normal Thinking. She never knew I was there before or during her wandering down the road. There are very dangerous (and obivious people) driving so be careful all the time and watch out for these losers.

Old October 18th, 2009, 12:47 PM   #2
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Name: aj

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

glad to hear you were safe, i really don't understand how some people make it through the day...

Old October 18th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #3
Grn99Kawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Honda CBR600F4 (sold) 1999 Ninja 250 (sold)

LOL!! Sorry about the story.. but telling her that was wonderful I bet. Did you tell her she could "See You Next Tuesday?" keeping it general out of respect.

1999 Kawi Racing Green Ninja 250 sold
Grn99Kawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 18th, 2009, 01:34 PM   #4
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
I went for a ride today, to get some fresh air after the F-1 race, and came upon a total loser. This woman pulls out, without looking (luckily I was looking), cutting me off, then drives 10MPH under the limit, then decides to wash her windshield, spraying the washer all over me. I decide to pass this wonderfully thoughtful woman and tell her, she Can't Understand Normal Thinking. She never knew I was there before or during her wandering down the road. There are very dangerous (and obivious people) driving so be careful all the time and watch out for these losers.
Tell me about it. I live in a mobile home park that's near 2 other parks all populated with retirees. They should call this part of town God's Waiting Room. Some of the things I've seen my neighbors do with their cars induces terror. They are so oblivious to other cars on the road you just know they're not going to notice a bike. I've followed so many back to the neighborhood you can spot them a mile away. They're always going at least 15 miles under the speed limit, usually have a signal on at all times weather they are turning or not and give every intention that they will drive over or through anything stupid enough to get in their way. Trying to actually pass one of these narcoleptic operators has a 99% chance that they will unexpectedly turn into you with no warning and for no good reason. The best course of action is to hang back as far as possible and watch out for the near-accidents these people cause by frustrating other motorists to the point of doing something stupid just to get around or ahead of them. I'm somewhat surprised to find that I've survived so far just by keeping my distance, even if it means going 10mph in a 40mph zone for a mile or two.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 18th, 2009, 01:40 PM   #5
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

It pisses me off to no end when they spritz their window. Just makes me mad thinking about it. Some cars the fluid sprays so far over the window that you can be 15-20ft behind them and still get wet.
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 18th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #6
welcome2thedawn
ninjette.org guru

Name: dawn

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250r modded, 73 honda cl200, 74 kawasaki 400 triple

AAAAHHHHHHH!!! that is so typical....the worst are the ones who text while driving....c'mon what part of you thinks that this is a good idea??
welcome2thedawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 18th, 2009, 05:03 PM   #7
miztyzo562

one of these would come in handyhttp://www.roadragecards.com/samples.htm

Old October 18th, 2009, 05:23 PM   #8
welcome2thedawn
ninjette.org guru

Name: dawn

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250r modded, 73 honda cl200, 74 kawasaki 400 triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztyzo562 View Post
one of these would come in handyhttp://www.roadragecards.com/samples.htm
that's awesome!!! i've often wished i had a little screen that would display whatever i wanted it to...like...riding MY ass isn't going to make the people in front of me go faster...
welcome2thedawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 18th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #9
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob706 View Post
It pisses me off to no end when they spritz their window.
At least it's just water: I hate it when people flick their cigarette butts out their open car window.

Old October 18th, 2009, 08:56 PM   #10
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob706 View Post
It pisses me off to no end when they spritz their window. Just makes me mad thinking about it. Some cars the fluid sprays so far over the window that you can be 15-20ft behind them and still get wet.
Ahhh, but it comes in so handy when someone is tailgating you so bad you can't even see their headlights. I've often wished I could adjust the spray so it could be a bit more accurate...and then fill the reservoir with brake fluid and watch it eat through the paint on the car behind me.

Old October 18th, 2009, 09:10 PM   #11
tylernt
Special Member

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): '07 Ninja 500, '81 Yamaha XS400

I had two in rapid succession the other day. A van was at a stop sign turning left onto my road while I was turning left onto their road. No stop sign for me so I had the right-of-way.. I started my turn and they started theirs, so I laid on the horn and just squeaked by. Then not 200 feet down the road, a truck turned right from a side street onto my road. Got on the brakes and laid on the horn again (my thumb was still there from the first time!!) and they managed to stop halfway into the street and let me go by.

Incredible.

I was totally expecting a third incident at the next intersection.
tylernt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 18th, 2009, 10:59 PM   #12
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Ahhh, but it comes in so handy when someone is tailgating you so bad you can't even see their headlights. I've often wished I could adjust the spray so it could be a bit more accurate...and then fill the reservoir with brake fluid and watch it eat through the paint on the car behind me.
One thing I've dreamed of doing with a car is what I call an "Air Bag Checker". Get a solid steel reinforced bumper (stronger then the crap on cars now anyway) hidden under your plastic cover, attach it to two rapid expansion shocks that are 10' long. Put that on the back with a high pressure pump with a dash switch. They get too close, hit the switch; BAM - POOF..... ok their airbag works.

Yes it's a wild dream and there's alot more to think about with complications of this that and the other thing..... BUT IT'S MY DREAM DANGIT, LET IT BE!!!
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 18th, 2009, 11:36 PM   #13
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

In GA I've had a lady merge into my lane forcing me onto the shoulder and then go on completely oblivious to me laying on my horn and oblivious to what she did. I followed her and laid on the horn each time I saw her continue making unsafe lane changes without a signal. When I caught up to her in a parking lot she had no idea that I was there the entire time.

This little horn really needs an upgrade.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2009, 07:16 AM   #14
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
One thing I've dreamed of doing with a car is what I call an "Air Bag Checker". Get a solid steel reinforced bumper (stronger then the crap on cars now anyway) hidden under your plastic cover, attach it to two rapid expansion shocks that are 10' long. Put that on the back with a high pressure pump with a dash switch. They get too close, hit the switch; BAM - POOF..... ok their airbag works.

Yes it's a wild dream and there's alot more to think about with complications of this that and the other thing..... BUT IT'S MY DREAM DANGIT, LET IT BE!!!
This is the "pedestrian" version of your idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vwxAVZ6fJ4

Old October 19th, 2009, 08:49 AM   #15
Jerry
ninjette.org member

Name: Jerry

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcome2thedawn View Post
that's awesome!!! i've often wished i had a little screen that would display whatever i wanted it to...like...riding MY ass isn't going to make the people in front of me go faster...
Me too, but wouldn't that be kinda like texting?
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2009, 09:22 AM   #16
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Can't Understand Normal Thinking
Hehe I like how you put that. I'm glad you're ok and that you were paying attention. Oblivious morons are everywhere and they usually piss me off to no end.
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2009, 09:38 AM   #17
darthnip
ninjette.org member

Name: darth

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja 250

i've always thought every car should come with a phone built in and your license plate should be the phone number. then if someone was being stupid everyone could call them and tell them about it!
or they should issue every driver one of those little guns that shoot the darts with the suction cups on the end of it. if you drive bad then someone can stick a dart to your car and when you accumulate 3 darts your car goes in to auto-pilot and just takes you home, no more driving for you today moron.
oh some day...some day

Old October 19th, 2009, 09:38 AM   #18
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Mike, I remember many years ago riding with my father who had a pickup he used for work. He modified the truck by welding an I Beam to the frame for a bumper. We were slowing for a light, when this kid plowed into the back of the truck demolishing the front end of his car--steam coming out from under the bonnet, etc. Father stopped the truck, gets out, looks at the car, and takes a long draw on his pipe, then says, "Sure made a lot of noise" The truck was obviously unscathed. Probably couldn`t do that modification today.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #19
tylernt
Special Member

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): '07 Ninja 500, '81 Yamaha XS400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
Father stopped the truck, gets out, looks at the car, and takes a long draw on his pipe, then says, "Sure made a lot of noise"
Classy.
tylernt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2009, 05:25 PM   #20
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote