ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old July 15th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #1
I'm Fred
ninjette.org member

Name: Jiggles knows

Motorcycle(s): None yet :(

Post Finally picking the gear up (bis)

Since i'll be riding pretty soon for the motorcycle license courses I started ordering my gear:

Helmet: Scorpion EXO-1000 Matte Black ---175$ shipped (Canada..)http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...l.bok?no=11631

I'm pretty confident on the fitting for this one. It looks very customizable and I heard great reviews about it?

Jacket: Teknic Mercury Leather Jacket Black ---180$
http://www.revzilla.com/product/tekn...et#reviews_tab

I'm going to pickup this one tomorrow from a guy in town. I found it on Kijiji, he's selling it because it's too small for him (from the size it seems like it'll fit me perfectly). Anyone has an input on those? Any experience with them or in a crash? It sells for 280$ brand new at RevZilla, i'll try to negociate a little.

Gloves: I still didn't order those. I don't want to spend too much 35-60$ maximum. I've been thinking about these:
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=8457 ---- 50$
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/fly-fl1-gloves ---- 62$
http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product...ves/web1009968 ---- 30$
Which one would offer the most protection? I heard amazing reviews on the fly fl1 gloves but I've never heard of the brand. The chicanes look similar but they're from a more reputable brand I believe?

In all the gear i'm looking for style, protection and affordable prices. I should be decently protected with those choices?
I'm Fred is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #2
nealt
ninjette.org member

Name: Neal

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

Looks fine though the Exo 1000 is on the heavier side. Have you had a chance to actually try on the helmet to make sure the head shape is correct for you? If you have the budget also look at getting proper riding boots and at least a pair of kevlar jeans.

Good luck
nealt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #3
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

definitely try the helmet on..i heard if you don't get the right fit you can end up getting a very awful headache after just a few minutes.
i tried mine on in store and walked around with it on for 15 minutes before making a decision.
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #4
Legend
Land of Bagged Milk

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ZX-6R 2012 Passion Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Prower View Post
definitely try the helmet on..i heard if you don't get the right fit you can end up getting a very awful headache after just a few minutes.
i tried mine on in store and walked around with it on for 15 minutes before making a decision.
I am on my 3rd helmet and I don't even have my Ninja yet LOL. All because I got the wrong sizes. Luckily I was able to return everything and finally get the right sized helmet. I have the Scorpion Exo-500 (medium) and it fits perfectly and no headaches like my first helmet gave me and it doesn't move around like my second helmet.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #5
joshuajcrouch
ninjette.org member

Name: Joshua

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

The scorpion 1000 and 500 fit very differently, even in the same size. If remember correctly, I wear a size small in the 500 and a medium in the 1000.
joshuajcrouch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #6
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

I only tried one helmet on, and instantly fell in love. Match made in heaven. Didn't even need to try any others on!
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #7
I'm Fred
ninjette.org member

Name: Jiggles knows

Motorcycle(s): None yet :(

I haven't tried it yet but I heard they're shaped for oval heads, so I'm pretty confident about it

I'll let you guys know about the helmet fit. And as for the Mercury Jacket, anyone had some experience with them? They're my main concern since I'm picking them up sometimes this week
I'm Fred is offline   Reply With Quote