ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 General Discussion

Old May 19th, 2015, 05:35 PM   #41
Urban Ninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Kate

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, Yamaha TTR 125

I decided to hold off on getting an exhaust for now

I came to a realization that as much as I would like my bike to sound better, an exhaust is not gonna make me a better rider. When I feel like I've progressed enough as a rider to actually notice a difference in bike performance between a stock exhaust and an aftermarket one, I'll make the investment. But for now, I decided to forgo the "cool factor" and invest the money in myself as a rider instead, i.e. track days and advance rider courses.

But I did do extensive research before coming to this decision and found that for the bike to run properly with an aftermarket exhaust system, or even just a slip-on, it is best to get an aftermarket fuel controller. Bazzaz Z-Fi fuel controller seems to have consistently good feedback from riders. As far as the actual exhaust, I would personally go with Scorpion on Arrow. All exhaust options for the 300's seem to have fairly similar performance stats so I would make my final decision based on sound and aesthetics haha

But don't get me wrong....if money wasn't an issue, I'd be rocking an aftermarket exhaust by now!

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Old May 19th, 2015, 05:38 PM   #42
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
check out Brock's, it really is a great system. it is a little costly but well worth the money.

Old May 25th, 2015, 04:55 PM   #43
sparky80
ninjette.org member

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Yamaha FZ1, 2006 Yamaha FJR1300A, 2014 Ninja 300

The Leo Vince slip-on for a 250 works just fine, as does the Yoshimura exhaust bracket. Picked mine up from revzilla and they are a nice compliment to the bike. For less than $200 for the exhaust, I'm very happy with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1486.1.jpg (186.7 KB, 1 views)

Old May 26th, 2015, 04:26 AM   #44
wardie
ninjette.org guru

Name: Larry

Motorcycle(s): 06 KLR 650,12 250 Ninja, 86 DR 125, 07 CRF 100, 09 Tomos Streetmate LEL Record Holder, 88 K100 RT

Urban Ninja..

why not take the money that you would've spent on an exhaust and get some training? If you've gone through some type of MSF class there should be a series of progression to the next level? I recommend going to a track school like Keith Codes Cali Superbike School.

You'll get an accelerated education in just about every facet from suspension settings to throttle control, lean angles etc. Two days will definitely make you a better rider.

The best investment in your bike is to invest in yourself that way you'll have knowledge and your skill level increased to handle a situation and it just might save your life.

Hang in There!

PS take a short 300 mile trip with one of those loud exhausts and I guarantee you you'll be fatigued from it