Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Arrow How To Permanently Repair A Flat Tubeless Motorcycle Tire

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ho...otorcycle-tire

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ti...torcycle-tires

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old March 10th, 2016, 12:42 AM   #2
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
I'm okay with using the little patch kit I have to fix a puncture on the road to get me home (or to the shop where I get my tires replaced), but I'm pretty squeamish about these hot-patches. In a car, I'm fine with that idea because I have a spare, and if the hot-patch goes "lol screw this I'm out," I have 3 more wheels and it's overall a much less dangerous situation. On a bike, it can become a much worse situation. To each their own, but even a dumb, young, moderately reckless guy like me won't trust one of those on my bike, so take that for what it's worth.

Besides, shinko's and Kendas are cheap. If you don't normally buy shinko's or Kendas, buy one as sort of a "get you through until you can get a preferred tire" kind of solution, or just use the cheaper tire until it wears out because it's not THAT bad.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote