ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old April 19th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #1
ColdFlamez
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Daniel

Motorcycle(s): '11 White SE 250

Your favorite combo of clip-ons and rearsets?

Just wanting some good suggestion/opinions on what your favorite clip-ons and rearsets are. Any opinions would be much appreciated.
ColdFlamez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #2
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Woodcrafts clip-ons and rearsets. Proven and made in the USA. Go for Driven clip-ons if you want adjustable clip-ons.

Plenty of threads about them to siff through.

Old April 19th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #3
ColdFlamez
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Daniel

Motorcycle(s): '11 White SE 250

Yeahh, sorry about this. Idk why I didn't think to use the search function. Now I see there's already about a million of these threads, and you guys are probably sick of seeing them.
ColdFlamez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:52 PM   #4
DailyRidden250R
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R No longer. '06 Mini

Just went through the same dilemma.

I went with the Driven clip on because it was cheaper by a few dollars, color offered in titanium finish and the adjustability. Got too many hobbies to support and I count my dollars.

One major advantage with the Driven is the adjustability.

A disadvantage with the Driven if you would call it that; many fails to mention this and the Driven also does NOT mention this in their installation manual IIRC is that the steering stem head DOES have to be removed to install the Driven clip on because the mount on the Driven clip for the fork does NOT come apart that it has to be installed by sliding into the position. I believe the Woodcraft clip on does NOT require the removal of the stem head to install.

One more thing to note with the Driven is that, to remove the stem head, you have to have the front straight or biased/turned toward the right otherwise the stem head does NOT come apart as there is a protrusion on the stem and a channel built into the stem head. This is by design so that when you lock the steering, the stem assembly does not come apart. The same principle also applies when you are installing.

HTH
DailyRidden250R is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2012, 02:39 AM   #5
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I use 37mm universal Woodcraft coupons. I got mine before they made 250 ninja specific ones. I lower the front about An inch and clamp the top of the fork tubes.

For rear sets I use Buell one inch drop pegs. I have long legs and they are perfect. Minimal loss of turning clearance and much more room for my legs .
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:03 AM   #6
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Tarozzi rearsets and CycleX clip-ons.

Oh wait, wrong forum.

8D

Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:41 AM   #7
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
I use 37mm universal Woodcraft coupons. I got mine before they made 250 ninja specific ones. I lower the front about An inch and clamp the top of the fork tubes.

For rear sets I use Buell one inch drop pegs. I have long legs and they are perfect. Minimal loss of turning clearance and much more room for my legs .
how are the clearances for full-lock right and left?
Gorilla25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:10 AM   #8
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
That is tough for me to answer. I will say no problem . But I added the Koso dash at the same time. So I don't know for sure how they work with the stock dash.
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:39 AM   #9
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i have ninja-specific wood craft clipons and rearsets. theres about 1mm where the bars wont hit anything going full lock left to right. but thats with aftermarket levers. not sure about stockies. i have been hit by a car and tucked the front both at a decent pace with these and the worst that has happened so far was a slightly bent handle bar which the bar itsself can be replaced for $10.