ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 8th, 2011, 07:38 AM   #1
Ninja_Noob
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Which fender elimination kit do you recommend?

Hello fellow Ninja Owners,

I am currently browsing the market for a fender eliminator kit. I was wondering if there was a specific make/model that anyone could recommend to me. I'm open to any suggestions. Preferably something with a clean streamline appearance and relatively easy assembly. Thanks in advance!
Ninja_Noob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2011, 08:03 AM   #2
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Super Sherpa!

Targa.

Are you USMC or USN?
Too40gawlf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2011, 08:22 AM   #3
Ninja_Noob
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by too40gawlf View Post
targa.

Are you usmc or usn?
usn

Old May 8th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #4
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Alright, welcome to board.

Like I said, the Targa fender eliminator is a good choice. I got one for my bike and was very happy with it. There are others, but the Targa is a 'no cut' kit and the installation was straightforward and simple.

http://www.targa1.com/IntoSite/Manuf...als%202008.htm

Old May 8th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #5
blubyu
ninjette.org member

Name: Todd

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R / 2009 CBR600RR

Competition Werkes. Pricey for what it is but I love it.

Old May 11th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #6
Ninja_Noob
ninjette.org member

Thanks for the recommendations

I have a Targa on the way! Bought it for $75 off of Fatbikez.com. I also bought the BLUE CCFL HALO KIT Pics soon to follow after installation.

Old May 11th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #7
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Good choice!

The Targa is a pretty straightforward install and it looks pretty good too. One word of advice that hung me up for a bit. You'll need a sharp pair of wire clippers (a pair of pliers with an edge will be fine). To mount the license plate light you will need to snip the wires running to the electrical connectors and then use the quick splice connectors to splice the stock light wires to the brake light included in the kit. Here's what got me hung up since Im a total idiot when it comes to wiring and splicing: you have to snip off the metal connectors on the wires from the new license plate light, then use the quick splice connectors to connect the wires from the license plate light to the snipped wires from the stock wiring harness, red to red and black to black. Wrap a couple of rolls of electrical tape around eahc splice and you have a neat little bundle you dont have to worry about.

Dont mean to insult your intelligence as Im sure this is very clear to most people, but to me it took a while to figure out. Post up if you have any questions.

Old May 12th, 2011, 12:54 AM   #8
ride2rideagain
total N00B

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

chopped mine at home, more than happy with the results oh, and it was free
ride2rideagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 08:47 AM   #9
Ninja_Noob
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too40gawlf View Post
Good choice!

The Targa is a pretty straightforward install and it looks pretty good too. One word of advice that hung me up for a bit. You'll need a sharp pair of wire clippers (a pair of pliers with an edge will be fine). To mount the license plate light you will need to snip the wires running to the electrical connectors and then use the quick splice connectors to splice the stock light wires to the brake light included in the kit. Here's what got me hung up since Im a total idiot when it comes to wiring and splicing: you have to snip off the metal connectors on the wires from the new license plate light, then use the quick splice connectors to connect the wires from the license plate light to the snipped wires from the stock wiring harness, red to red and black to black. Wrap a couple of rolls of electrical tape around eahc splice and you have a neat little bundle you dont have to worry about.

Dont mean to insult your intelligence as Im sure this is very clear to most people, but to me it took a while to figure out. Post up if you have any questions.
Not insulting my intelligence at all! Thanks so much for the heads up. It hasn't arrived yet but i'm sure this advice will prove useful. Its nice to know what to expect/look out for when installing the parts.

Old May 12th, 2011, 08:50 AM   #10
Ninja_Noob
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2rideagain View Post
chopped mine at home, more than happy with the results oh, and it was free
Yeah I had thought about doing that. I just didn't feel like buying a dremel and cutting it up. I've heard of ppl selling them on ebay for 30 bucks so I think i'll try that so I can justify paying the extra for the kit. I did however follow the DIY windshield tint and paint mine black! It came out perfectly. I'll have to post some pics once my parts come in and I have made a few more mods to my bike.

Old May 12th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #11
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Honestly, do it yourself... I'll put pictures once someone explains it to me =p the picture thread was confusing! =[

Save yourself even the 75 you'de pay and drive to the coffee shop like 70 times if you like! It took me about 30 mintues and all I had was a little hacksaw for metal (worked perfect on plastic) and sandpaper. Looks clean, and measurements took 10 mintues. Any little mishaps, you sand off to even it out...its plastic so it sands quick!

Once again i'll post pictures with help!!!! =]

Goodluck man!
blink is offline   Reply With Quote