Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Pictures

Old November 14th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #1481
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
The rules say that it has to be a Ninjette, but I want you to join in too!

Hmm... the game requires a "picture of your Ninjette" not the Ninjette itself. The rules don't say anything about not allowing a "picture of a picture of your Ninjette". Maybe you could print out a picture of your Ninjette and tape it to your suzuki for the shot?

What do you think @sombo?
Well earlier in the game we kinda pushed that rule to side and made exceptions for those that moved up from having a ninjette. So I say that we still allow those that started off with a ninjette to keep playing with their current rides.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 04:11 PM   #1482
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Excellent. With both thread-nazi's in agreement (Mike and me) and the mere thread-commoner, Lucas also in agreement let it be heard: Tiffani can play
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #1483
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Quote:
Excellent. With both thread-nazi's in agreement (Mike and me) and the mere thread-commoner, Lucas also in agreement let it be heard: Tiffani can play
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 07:17 PM   #1484
saxnbass
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 CBR600rr

That emote made me laugh out loud, all my friends asked me what was so funny.... it was a bit akward
saxnbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #1485
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Quote:
So this rule about different bikes applies only to tiff? If so i would like to lodge a formal complaint to the powers that be. I believe this type of behavior picking and choosing which former 250 riders can or can not partake in this game screams of corruption and favoritism. I believe that the governing body of the picture game thread rethink this decision and either allows all of us former 250 riders to partake in the game or none of us.

The people shall be heard we are the 99%
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #1486
Havok
Internet Slut

Viva la resistance!

Old November 15th, 2011, 06:36 PM   #1487
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
So this rule about different bikes applies only to tiff? If so i would like to lodge a formal complaint to the powers that be. I believe this type of behavior picking and choosing which former 250 riders can or can not partake in this game screams of corruption and favoritism. I believe that the governing body of the picture game thread rethink this decision and either allows all of us former 250 riders to partake in the game or none of us.

LOL...... smartass.

You know very well it applies to all. Now go get a pic of the current challenge before I send out the hounds on you.

Old November 15th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #1488
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Yeah! Occupy Ninjette.org

Ha I don't know why I care, I still ride a 250.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2011, 08:04 PM   #1489
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
LOL...... smartass.

You know very well it applies to all. Now go get a pic of the current challenge before I send out the hounds on you.
ohhh now threats of violence! I see we are escalating this situation. Well sir i accept your challenge! You may send out hounds at will. Be warned i counter all attacks with flying cat minions! they are as fierce as a lion with bat wings and the claws of an eagle they are a formidable opponent i assure you.

Old November 15th, 2011, 09:58 PM   #1490
jdoucet93
ninjette.org sage

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2009 R6

I wish we could extend this challenge until saturday morning. I'm going on a little vacation and I'll be right across the street from the beach.
jdoucet93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2011, 10:22 PM   #1491
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Quote:

Quote:
Viva la resistance!
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2011, 02:43 AM   #1492
ManyCavies
ninjette.org sage

Name: Crissy

Motorcycle(s): . . . . . . . 2000 Suzuki Intruder VS800 "Suzi", 2008 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 "Yoshi"

if you look you will see that I am probly the leader in this game and if you pay any attention my husband was involved in an accident. I know that one picture was not current because I have passed The Dude along his way and the pictures are to be current! I don't think some new comer should be able to come along and decide what the next challenge will be! it should be the original posters choice , not yours

Old November 16th, 2011, 04:37 AM   #1493
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyCavies View Post
if you look you will see that I am probly the leader in this game and if you pay any attention my husband was involved in an accident. I know that one picture was not current because I have passed The Dude along his way and the pictures are to be current! I don't think some new comer should be able to come along and decide what the next challenge will be! it should be the original posters choice , not yours
If "some new comer" refers to me then:
* The original poster isn't around. CRXTrek started this thread, but he hasn't posted on this site since April and it needs some kind of moderation to keep it running smoothly. I think it's running pretty smoothly now with me and Sombo
* I don't have to help moderate this. I'm only doing it to help keep the game moving. I don't care if someone else is picked instead of me. I've been putting the challenge finish-times in my calender so I know when to come back. It's not fun! Just trying to help. Sombo -- who seems to have been moderating this in CRXTrek's absense -- seemed happy with my help.

All the rules we are using can be found here. With the 3 exceptions:
* the challenge must be in red
* you have 72 hours not 24
* you can use any bike so long as you're a Ninjette.org member.

"I don't think some new comer should be able to come along and decide what the next challenge will be!"
The rules page says that, "If no other member successfully captures the picture within [72] hours, a new challenge will be dictated by a thread moderator."
I'm just following the rules. If anyone wants to PM me suggestions for replacement challenges then I'll use them.

It's pretty hard figuring out what rules people want in this chaos!

The "write the challenge in red rule" is perfectly reasonable. Anyone complaining about that gets the red pen shoved up their bum

Lots of people asked for the 72 hour rule, so myself and sombo allowed it.

We probably should have waited for more people to agree on the 'use any bike' rule. What do you guys think? Can we allow Ninjette.org members who don't have a Ninjette to play?

Once again. Myself and Sombo don't have to help moderate this. I receive no benefit for moderating this. You guys can pick different moderator[s] if you like.

Old November 16th, 2011, 08:30 AM   #1494
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:

We probably should have waited for more people to agree on the 'use any bike' rule. What do you guys think? Can we allow Ninjette.org members who don't have a Ninjette to play?
I think it should only be ninjettes. I feel the point of the game was to see pictures of other peoples Ninja 250's. And then ride our Ninjas to go snag the next picture. Not any other bike. If someone wants to compete in a picture game with a bike other than a ninja 250 then go find a forum for your new bike and start this picture game on that sight.

On a side note there is too much talking and not enough picture taking! Come on folks, get out and ride! I don't have a beach near me to get this current challenge. We have tons of Cali riders, so why is no one doing this challenge?
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2011, 09:32 AM   #1495
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiphone View Post
Sorry if this has been covered since there're a lot of pages to try to sift through, but do you guys consider it valid with bikes that aren't ninjettes (Or even kawasakis)? All I've got for street riding is my SV, but I want to play and don't want to sign up for a stupid suzuki forum T_T
Yeah why not

I believe this game was made for the" spirit of fun", so lets make it simple and have fun
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #1496
camaroz1985

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

I say if you are a member you can participate. I asked back at the beginning of the thread about that, and everyone seemed in agreement that it was fine on any bike as long as you were going out and taking the picture now, not using a saved one from a previous trip.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #1497
Cuongism

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Hmmm, the beach is a block away but my 250 is tracked now....I can either re-install the headlights/mirrors or should I call up Alex S. to push it for me? Decisions, decisions...
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #1498
saxnbass

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 CBR600rr

I vote option 2. Mush *crack* Mush!
saxnbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #1499
sombo

Quote:
All the rules we are using can be found here. With the 3 exceptions:
* the challenge must be in red
* you have 72 hours not 24
* you can use any bike so long as you're a Ninjette.org member.

The rules page says that, "If no other member successfully captures the picture within [72] hours, a new challenge will be dictated by a thread moderator."
That is also one of the rules that crxtrek sorta changed in the beginning, being that the next challenge be left to the picture poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXTrek View Post
yes, because each picture poster picks the next target . Only no one can post back to back so you don't pick one you know you can do

So my suggestion is we as moderators ask for a new challenge after the time limit is up. For regular riding season we all basically agreed on 3 days (72hrs) to be sufficient for a fun game that could still move. I also proposed that we allow for a week once most riding seasons end due to the onset of winter. We are getting close to that time now so I am looking for date suggestions of when to implement the 1-week time limit and when many feel it would time to switch back. Seeing as how I live in central Florida my riding season never actually ends.

Old November 16th, 2011, 07:42 PM   #1500
ManyCavies
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): . . . . . . . 2000 Suzuki Intruder VS800 "Suzi", 2008 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 "Yoshi"

Thank you Sombo,

I feel that this game plays just fine as we have been playing it.

Old November 16th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #1501
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyCavies View Post
Thank you Sombo,

I feel that this game plays just fine as we have been playing it.

That's all that akima and myself are attempting to do. Some of the old rules and exceptions had been forgotten or just weren't known to newer players. So we are simply re-stating them so newer players can know. The idea of the game is to go out and explore. In the beginning with members having more than just the ninjette the original mods of the game accepted anything Kawasaki. As our member base grows it's garage we see a faster change in bikes than we do in member base. Therefore I feel we can agree that as long as you are a member here and want to play that you should be allowed to play. Regardless of what you ride now, we are all ninjetters at heart. If you have a ninjette and something else I do ask that you at least attempt to use the ninjette for the challenges since this IS a ninjette forum.

We have the time limit to help keep the game both fair and flowing. I made the time suggestions and asked for feedback and most agreed with my suggestions. If there are other suggestions for time-frame feel free to voice them so that all players may pm myself and/or akima with what they feel is an acceptable time-frame for challenges.

So go out, ride, explore, take pictures, and be creative.

Old November 17th, 2011, 02:05 AM   #1502
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
That is also one of the rules that crxtrek sorta changed in the beginning, being that the next challenge be left to the picture poster.
Oh cool. I wasn't around at the beginning of the game and I don't have a spare weekend to read back through all the Picture Game posts I didn't know about that amendment. I'm happy to go with that: or any rules decided by crxtrek or by the players. You shoulda said it was a rule @ManyCavies! I thought you just randomly decided you wanted a new rule.

Old November 17th, 2011, 05:51 AM   #1503
matha028
ninjette.org guru

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R red/black SE <-- totalled now '11 650r BLACK

What is the current challenge?

Old November 17th, 2011, 05:52 AM   #1504
matha028
ninjette.org guru

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R red/black SE <-- totalled now '11 650r BLACK

And how the heck do I post pictures?

Old November 17th, 2011, 06:55 AM   #1505
Vampyre
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R Black, 2005 ZX-6R Blue

Upload them to a hosting site like photobucket or flickster. Then paste the link in the IMG tag. It is the button that looks like 2 mountains.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2011, 07:02 AM   #1506
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by matha028 View Post
And how the heck do I post pictures?
Sticky thread at the top of the Pictures area:

How do I load pictures on to this site?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2011, 07:22 AM   #1507
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by matha028 View Post
What is the current challenge?

Well the current challenge from scattcatt that runs out today is:

ninjette on the beach with the sun setting

Old November 17th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #1508
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
@Scattcatt: Please think up a new challenge to post, 1 hour from now, when your current challenge expires.

Old November 17th, 2011, 02:00 PM   #1509
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2003 Honda CBR600RR

Quote:
@Scattcatt: Please think up a new challenge to post, 1 hour from now, when your current challenge expires.
I'll just widen it up, anyone can do this one: Ninjette with the sun setting in the background

Old November 19th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #1510
Momaru

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Wound up going to a local favorite place of mine, Mountain Lake just outside Blacksburg, VA. Saw & called in a brush fire en route, got to my intended photo site just in time. Couple extra photos I just loved.

DSC07627.jpg DSC07637.jpg DSC07639.jpg

Assuming this meets criteria, I would like to see: your ninjette alongside a classic bike (NOT from your stable)

By classic I mean any bike >20 years old, or approximately that age if you're not sure.

Old November 19th, 2011, 03:50 PM   #1511
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Really beautiful pictures Paul.

Old November 20th, 2011, 08:07 AM   #1512
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momaru View Post

Assuming this meets criteria, I would like to see: your ninjette alongside a classic bike (NOT from your stable)

By classic I mean any bike >20 years old, or approximately that age if you're not sure.

From local BMW club meet this morning:

"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2011, 08:50 AM   #1513
sombo

Wow, you sure those beauties are really that old? I mean, wow, just look how great they look. They look like they could be remakes or something. Hats off to the owners for keeping them that beautiful.

So what's the next challenge?

Old November 20th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #1514
"A"
vampire

Whole lot-a-love goes into those machines.

Local BMW club riders/owners most if not all have been motorcycle enthusiasts for decades.

Incredible wealth of knowledge and expertise on all different facets of live, but all share the love for motorcycles.

Next up: Your whole Ninja with a waterfall in background..

Old November 20th, 2011, 12:58 PM   #1515
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE GREEN!

I want that ducati
Felipe the Ant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2011, 01:45 PM   #1516
miss_syn
my hair matches my bike

Name: Tiffany

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red 250r

Real waterfall or fake waterfall?
miss_syn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #1517
"A"
vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_syn View Post
Real waterfall or fake waterfall?
I didn't specify, use your own judgement.

Old November 20th, 2011, 09:42 PM   #1518
ManyCavies
ninjette.org sage

Here's my bike with a cascading waterfall.

Next challenge: Next to a Santa (on or near your bike)

Old November 21st, 2011, 06:43 AM   #1519
"A"
vampire

Please, that's a fountain, not a waterfall..

Old November 21st, 2011, 07:22 AM   #1520
coolbreeze
ninjette.org sage

Name: darius

Motorcycle(s): 2000 250 sold; 2005 636 sold. BIKELESS IN ATLANTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
Please, that's a fountain, not a waterfall..
I was thinking the same thing too, but the water if 'falling' over the edge. I took a picture of my bike with a fountain, because I read the challenge wrong .
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote