ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old February 20th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #81
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tor

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r (*sold*), 2010 Daytona 675

Between the nightmare at work, I had to scream and kick to get the leave I put in for over a YEAR ago to be with my husband for his 2 week mid tour - my supervisors ended up being forced to let me go by higher ups - only to find out my husbands flight has been canceled 3 different times so I have no idea when he's coming home anyways and dealing with my insurance company who never picks up the phone either, this is the end result. My insurance is paying only $766 of the damages, minus my $500 deductible, so that comes out to $266 for me to fix my bike.. My husband bought me an early V-day present and ordered a Yoshi exhaust for me which I'm still waiting on.

All and all, I got hosed... Big time.
GreezMunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2009, 06:36 PM   #82
kkim

Yikes!! What happened to the claim against the other driver??? They got off scott free?? Did they assign blame in this accident?

Sounds to me like your company folded.

GL straightening out the leave mess.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2009, 06:48 PM   #83
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

State Farm denied my claim stating "Our insured was established in the right lane before being hit. You made an improper lane change to the right lane from the left lane. Based on this information, ******* is not legally responsible to you for damages."

So because I swerved around one car to prevent an accident, I am at fault for causing another? Still a load of bullcrap as she rear ended straight out. I was "established" in the right lane as well for a good 5-6 seconds after changing lanes before being hit and just about doing the speed limit again. She was speeding and not paying attention.

I believe my insurance is going to go after hers and then they'll have to go to a middle man to get it all sorted out, blah blah.. No idea how long that's going to take.

Old February 20th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #84
kkim

Good... make sure your insurance company is on top of it, but you stay out of it. That's what they get paid for.

Next time, police report and/or witnesses' names and contact info... no, "if, and, or buts".

As for the other driver, "Karma" is a bitch. She'll get hers.

Old February 20th, 2009, 07:16 PM   #85
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

Good luck with all this, and I hope that 'Nurse' gets what she deserves!

Also, glad to hear you're A-Okay and your bike is still ride-able!

Chin up and Good luck!

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #86
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
As for the other driver, "Karma" is a bitch. She'll get hers.
I hope so because I'm still trying to get over what happened. Lately it's just not as fun as it used to be to go out riding. I'm so paranoid about people hitting me that's all I can think about while riding. It's getting better though, just need a few more weeks to get over getting bit, er hit, in the ass.

Old February 20th, 2009, 07:48 PM   #87
kkim

That's the best thing to do... let it go and move on. Easier said than done, I know.

Let the insurance company deal with the headaches. Get your riding confidence back up and things will be like they were before except you'll be a wiser, more experienced rider. Take your time getting back on the horse... there's no rush... enjoy the ride. That's why we are all here to begin with.

Old February 20th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #88
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Thanks Miks

Old February 20th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #89
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Tor - getting back on is the hardest part! I still tear up when I give my little man a hug before I head out - doesn't help when the only I could see right before my impact was his face and thinking I may never see it again - damn it, I'm teary now! gah! but yeah- I totally understand where you're coming from about it not being as enjoyable!
noche_caliente is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2009, 08:37 PM   #90
kkim

And wasn't it about the same things I just advised her that I did you back then? I know getting back on can be daunting at first, but it does get better with time and experience, does it not?

Old February 20th, 2009, 08:56 PM   #91
toku
ninjette.org member

Name: Yuri

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreezMunky View Post
.......but damn it, it's the point that she hit me and why should I be the one paying for it?
I've had a similar experience, it's infuriating knowing you're going to have to foot the bill when someone else blatantly messed up.

As far as getting back on the pony it's like everyone else has been saying take your time and start of easy in a little while you'll get your confidence back and have more experience for future situations.

Old February 20th, 2009, 11:03 PM   #92
zartan
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

Greez, Try to get out to the country and ride if possible. It will make you feel better. I really do not like riding in traffic and hit the back roads when ever possible. Bummer about the insurance hassle

Old March 12th, 2009, 07:44 PM   #93
BlueJeepYJ
Lets go ride!

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 650

Hey GreezMunky,

I just spent an hour reading this thread and it feels like a bad dream! I am so glad you are ok, and I am sorry the nurse turned her story against you. Do you have an update on how your insurance company was able to deal with Statefarm?

Thanks!

BlueJeep
BlueJeepYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #94
kkim

Hi Jeff! Welcome to the forum

Old March 13th, 2009, 02:52 PM   #95
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJeepYJ View Post
Hey GreezMunky,

I just spent an hour reading this thread and it feels like a bad dream! I am so glad you are ok, and I am sorry the nurse turned her story against you. Do you have an update on how your insurance company was able to deal with Statefarm?

Thanks!

BlueJeep
Yes, welcome Jeff and no, no update on the insurance company. I have no idea what they're doing. The exhaust has already been replaced (thanks to my loving husband ). *sighs* Just waiting on a phone call from somebody.

Old March 14th, 2009, 10:31 AM   #96
Custom Seat Creations
Sportbike Seat Covers

Name: Becky

Motorcycle(s): 10' Special Edition Tribal 250 Red/Black ; 08' Ninja 250 (RIP by a cager); 05' Honda CBR 600

Sorry to hear your troubles. After reading the entire thread, it turned into a legal battle for you. Hope things get better for you on that regard. On another note, some very important things happened besides the legal aspect.

Looking back on what happened, what could you have done differently during riding?

Events transpire and obstacles arrise from the darndest places. Now that you've been rear-ended, what steps can you take to not be in the same situation?

The best thing about riding the 250, is that is it's very forgiving and usually allows for reflection of past events and to learn from them. Share this part of your story so that others can also know.

You were very lucky!

~Becky

Old March 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM   #97
Lurkable
250Arrrgh!

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R, 2001 996

Tor, just read your story and it made me very sad. Hey, what about the part in the beginning at the scene of the accident where she admitted fault and apologized to you and promised to cover repair costs? Did she ever give you her personal phone number or any way to contact her directly? Seems like she was pretty genuine in the beginning...

Just wondering if at any time during your crazy dealings with SF, could you have just called this nurse lady and asked her (nicely of course) to, you know...stop being such a bitch and just help you out as she said she would.

Anyway, mostly just glad to hear you weren't injured in the encounter.
Lurkable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2009, 09:01 PM   #98
sherbear
ninjette.org member

Name: Sherry

Motorcycle(s): 08 Black Ninja 250r

Wow Glad to hear you are ok. There sure are alot of idiots on the road
sherbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #99
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkable View Post
Tor, just read your story and it made me very sad. Hey, what about the part in the beginning at the scene of the accident where she admitted fault and apologized to you and promised to cover repair costs? Did she ever give you her personal phone number or any way to contact her directly? Seems like she was pretty genuine in the beginning...

Just wondering if at any time during your crazy dealings with SF, could you have just called this nurse lady and asked her (nicely of course) to, you know...stop being such a bitch and just help you out as she said she would.

Anyway, mostly just glad to hear you weren't injured in the encounter.
Yes, she gave me her cellphone number and name. That's part of the reason I waited to contact the insurance companies. I waited 3 or 4 days just trying to get a hold of her. She never picked up her phone or ever returned any of my messages. That's also part of the reason this took so long because supposedly SF and my own company were finding it damn near impossible to reach her as well. Waiting on pictures of her truck is what made this process take *weeks* before SF decided to deny my claim.

Becky, I can't really think of anything I could have done to prevent this accident. Maybe I should have just stopped completely in the lane I was already in and wait for the VW to decide what it wanted to do? But stopping in a lane on a 4 lane road never seemed safe, especially on a bike (the lady still probably woulda hit me anyways and smushed me into the car). Maybe I shoulda been an arse and down shifted a gear and ripped around that car and sped away? But knowing my luck there'd be a cop waiting for me. *shrugs* But no, I've thought about it over and over and I can't think of anything I would have changed. Well, no, I lie. I would have never gone out that night if I could change things. I have this rule about never riding at night or in the rain. That night though, I just needed to get one lil ride in.. Just a lil one.

Thanks to everyone who continues to read this thread and offer their advice and/or "that sucks man" lol. I hope others can learn from my mistake. Always call the friggin cops! As far as mistakes when it comes to my riding, all I can think of is avoiding riding at night if possible.