ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Riding Skills

Old June 30th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #1
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

Looking for advice on riding in the wind......

I was looking for advice on riding in really windy conditions, more specifically at lower speeds where the wind can really get you. It's very windy around where I live and the speed limit of 40 really limits my ability to speed up to cut through the wind. I rode for the first time last Thursday and coming home from school the wind had picked up and as I approached a sharp right hand turn into my neighborhood in 2nd gear the wind was really tossing me around. I hear you should just relax, but it sure is difficult not to tense up when you think you're going to be blown over. I don't want to look stupid dropping my bike going in a straight line.

Any advice or thoughts, please post it here.

Old June 30th, 2009, 10:55 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Here's a link to a decent thread we had going awhile back about riding in the wind. I found it in this sticky thread about riding skills at the top of this general section. I should probably start to migrate much of that over to the wiki, and it will get there little by little.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2009, 10:59 AM   #3
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Here's a link to a decent thread we had going awhile back about riding in the wind. I found it in this sticky thread about riding skills at the top of this general section. I should probably start to migrate much of that over to the wiki, and it will get there little by little.
Excellent. Thanks.