ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old May 24th, 2016, 06:54 PM   #1
Baron
Urban Legend

Name: Baron

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE - Circe

Circe 2.0

Okay okay before you guys say - "well look who's coming crawling back". I have a perfectly valid reason for going AFK - University, girls, exams, girls, 2 jobs, girls...you get the general idea. So as much as I love Circe I wanted to give her a makeover and lately I have been getting into street fighters a lot. At first I though of getting that brasse kit but then again, why not go for something unique, something different, something personal.

Parts
1. GSXR rear shock - Already had it
2. Projector headlights - Ebay
3. Clips ons - Dime City Cycles
4. Trailtech vapor - Amazon
5. K&N pod filers
6. LED strips for turn signals
7. Jet Kit

Step 1 - The striptease

Well everything had to go, so everything had to come off. And since I am mechanically inept, I had a friend with me who thankfully is a master mechanic and has been working on bikes his whole life....more or less.... decided to do it for me.
Soo off goes Circe's fairings, tank, headlights basically everything.

Step 2 - The bouncy bouncy

Off goes the stock shock and in goes the gsxr shock I had gotten about a year ago from a friend. The installation was a pain in the ass, had to take off the undertail, the rear tire, the airbox just to get to bloody shock. So off goes the stock one and on goes the new one.

Time to put the airbox in......nope...obviously there had to be some sort of a problem....since the guy I took the shock from was taller than me, the dog bones weren't long enough meaning the damn thing was too high up to get the airbox in and I didn't have a lowering kit on me.......AKSDF;JADSFUOHASJBFVAUJFD

So........ordered K&N pod filters....buuttttt that's a 2 day wait....fiiineeeeeeeeeeee..I have waited for so long so fineeeeeeeee
but wait......now I have to modify the undertail a bit.....-_-

*Bangs his head on the wall*

Done

Step 3 - The controlfreak

Okay....shock done, tire's back on, carbs covered, filter ordered ...chain has some surface rust which will be cleaned and lubed later. What next....the clip ons...

Went pretty straightforward till I realized that my bars were all bent to hell so out comes the saw and everything came off.
The clips on from Dime City were a good deal and they seem really sturdy as well. The installation wasn't a problem.......till I realized that my levers were pretty much shot to **** as well soooooooooooordered a pair for myself.

[/URL]

Step 4 - The Tease

Here's is where things start looking better. With the biggest two things done, it was time to start putting her back a bit, so up goes the tank....

All set and good, undertail back on, tires all set, chain rust free, cleaned and lubed, coolant I left for the last along with cleaning the pipes.

Time to get her arse back into place( I know I know, get your minds out of the gutter ;P)

All the cables neatly(as neat as I could have them) tucked inside.
Also the pods came in!!!!

RGB - Achievement Unlocked!! :P

Nyhoo pods in, levers on, mirrors on. Time to cut the fairings.
I had some idea what it was going to look like so I started cutting conservatively, not my best work but I left enough room to sand it smooth tomorrow so that's good.

Got to paint the coolant reservoir as well . Nyhoo so time to get the headlights on.

Stage 5 - So close

Now the mount I got off ebay wasn't going to fit in just like that so like my friend said, time to play Legos.

So I got myself these

Solved the problem more or less, Since we had to mount the gauge as well we only attached the bottom end(quite firmly though).

All connected, all good. LED indicators on the forks.
(yes yes more photographs coming soon)

Time to put on the gauge.......yeaaaahhhh no

Unfortunately, while I could help my friend out while he worked on my bike, I have no idea what the bloody hell to do when it comes to the electrical stuff. He had some urgent and long family obligation so we wrapped things up. Now I got to figure out how to put on the gauge.
Oh well..can't be helped, he did more than I asked him to do. Can't thank him enough.
Nyhoo so I used my phone as a GPS speedometer and took her for a ride.

Couple of things I noticed
1. Handled much better, turned in more sharply(got to get to know her all over again)
2. Love the new raw look, got a few compliments from other riders too but still a ways to go
3. Feels lighter and the rear shock feels so much better.

So all good?
NO, not with my luck.

Things to do
1. Wire up the gauge
2. Make a makeshift mount while waiting for a friend to CNC a better one for you
3. Need to rejet the carbs.
4. Need to get LED relay for the idicators.

At first I thought that her not feeling the same, acceleration and power wise , was because of the old fuel in her but after riding a little bit and talking with a friend I realized that it had some severe jetting issues. I was running wayyyy tooo lean. She was "coughing"at higher RPMS, didn't even get to a 100 without effort. So she is grounded till Friday, that's when the jetting kit comes in.

I was soooooo cclllooooooseeee...

Last futzed with by Baron; May 26th, 2016 at 09:36 PM.
Baron is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old May 25th, 2016, 12:48 PM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 04:15 PM   #3
Baron
Urban Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post

Old May 25th, 2016, 05:20 PM   #4
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Welcome back!!

Old June 16th, 2016, 12:56 AM   #5
Baron
Urban Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
Welcome back!!
Cheers.
Still too busy with a lot of things. Hopefully I can be a bit more active and share what I have learnt over the course of the rebuild. Might not be new to most but might interest the newer members like myself.

Old June 16th, 2016, 12:58 AM   #6
Baron
Urban Legend

Quick update :
Fairings painted and ready to get on. Still struggling with the carbs but I'll make a separate thread for getting that issue dealt with.

Old July 2nd, 2016, 11:48 AM   #7
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Looks good so far.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote