ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old August 7th, 2021, 07:49 AM   #1
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

fairing repair ?

I busted off the Tip of the green fairing that comes up by the windshield....
the screw was still holding it on but it cracked in half below that...
nice clean crack, so I was thinking of gluing it with Crazy glue !
has anyone tried that on the fairings yet ?
....for a piece like this it may well be adequate to hold it on for the rest of it's life
.... i'd rather not use epoxy on it, if I don't have to....
anyway...
work on the 2012 Kawasaki 250R Ninja went fairly well this morning... I got a 43 tooth sprocket on the back wheel now
( instead of the 45 tooth) and the fairing off the right side.... i think I'll have to take off the fairing on the left side as well to fit my hand in there to turn the air screw a bit... I made my jack stand much more stable now so falling off the jack stand should not be an issue any more. HAHAHHA
Bob........

Old October 19th, 2021, 05:20 AM   #2
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well, as an update I did glue it with crazy glue jell.... and as I put the 2 pieces together a slight ridge appeared of the glue....
not the best but I figured if I wiped it off it would just smear all over the place and make it even more unsightly so I left it hoping later I could trim it off with a knife.... ( haven't done that yet.)
it's been on there for 3 months and about 200 miles and shows no sign of coming off so I'd say crazy glue jell works !
I've had a few other small cracks in the fairing that I also put crazy glue Jell on and that also seam to have helped alot (the parts haven't broken off yet !)
( those were tabs on the side fairings that go under the headlight fairing)
I've had many other projects come up and the Ninja has taken a back seat to all of it. and the weather is turning rainy and cold here so I am thinking of winterizing it and parking it for 3 or 4 months !
....neither the KLR 650 or the RX4 bikes have showed any sign of showing up any time soon.....
the KLR will likely be in the next few weeks the RX4 is held up at the docks in Southern cal. and may well be another month... if the klr comes through I will just cancel the order on the RX4.... if it don't I'll hang with it a little longer....
Bob........

Old October 29th, 2021, 11:04 AM   #3
IndestructibleNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 08' ninja 250 and Honda XL600

Crazy glue definitely works. Baking soda makes it harden almost instantly when you sprinkle it on top. I've used this on the bottom tab that overlaps on the side fairings
IndestructibleNinja is offline   Reply With Quote