ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old October 12th, 2010, 08:04 PM   #1
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

ACH/Foothills 10-16-10

Weather report says the foothills will be mostly clear with 80's in the low elevation 70's in the upper. I am going to head up on Saturday. I'll be in the foothills area around 11:30 or so, either going sunland BIg T up the mountin or taking re 15 and comming up the north face to wrightwood and down to sunland. If you are in the area and wNd to hook up either to ride or just have a cup of coffee send a PM or post.

FYI I am somewhat a noob never done a group ride so think of it as a ride your ride at your speed and don't be a douche is about as far as I can think of for rules.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 12th, 2010, 09:47 PM   #2
collector000
ninjette.org member

Name: Chuck

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Man if I didn't have to work I'd be there. I rode ACH today, Went up 15 and headed east on ACH then down Tujunga Canyon. Took the 101 to Tapanga Canyon, then down PCH to 10 and back home. I wish I didn't have to work weekends, hopefully it'll change soon. I'm always up for Tuesdays and Wednesdays FWIW.
collector000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 16th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #3
collector000
ninjette.org member

I'm off work at noon, I can meet you in Wrightwood around 1 or near Little Tujunga

Old October 16th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #4
Havok
Internet Slut

Let's look to meet up at wrightwood around 1 I am just about to start heading up, I am going up the 15 and headed up the back side

Old October 16th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #5
Havok
Internet Slut

I am chilling at the coffee shop just past the evergreen cafe. bike is parked by the mini mart I'll chill for half an hour or so then he heading down to newcombs. I'll be at the coffee shop or near my bike.

Old October 16th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #6
Havok
Internet Slut

Ride report

Ok so I went up the back side this time up. The 15 to the 138 and up lone pines road. I didn't care for this way up. Lone pines is a decent road just not much to it. It is short and straight for the most part and just about straight up. This would not have been so bad except that there are also dips in the road so just as you get speed up you have to slow down or get launched in the air. It is a fast way up to wrightwood though.

Up in wright wood I stoped to have some coffe at a local coffee shop and chatted up some of the locals. Nice people and good coffee. It started to drizzle a bit and I waited there to see of collector would make it up, next time we will hook up.

Headed out of wrightwood and down the beautiful ACH. About a mile out of wrightwood it became clear and sunny. I attacked the road and jette was living it! She really responded to the road this week and we attacked it hard. I was more comfortable and carried more speed this time. Stopped at newcombs and chatted up other riders. I noticed two guys by my bile chatting and one of them was gushing about it to his friend, we were talking about it being a great commuter and fun on turns and I was floored! Here is a guy on a BMW 1000 goi g on about how bad ass my little 250 is! This is also why I love ACH the people that ride it love the road and the ride and have respect for every one regardless of what you are on.

So then down Big T to sunland, again me and jette attacked the road down, had a car roll up on me so I let him pass. Down in sunland he was there came up and apologized for it. I tld him it was cool that I slowed to let him pass (he missed my hand signals) and we chatted a bit. He was a real cool guy as well and we chatted a while. Then the boring ass freeway ride home. All in all another great day on an epic slab of asphalt! I'll post some pics tomorrow.

This thread can be moved to the reports section

Old October 17th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #7
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/moved to ride reports

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2010, 11:33 AM   #8
collector000
ninjette.org member

Sorry dude I tried to get off but we ended up getting busy, I didn't get out of here until 3. I'll do my best to be there next time. Sorry to keep you waiting up on me.

Old October 17th, 2010, 12:11 PM   #9
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by collector000 View Post
Sorry dude I tried to get off but we ended up getting busy, I didn't get out of here until 3. I'll do my best to be there next time. Sorry to keep you waiting up on me.
Nothing to he sorry about, I had a couple of cups of some great coffee on top of a beautiful mountain talking to some really nice people. If a person can't take an hour of there day to enjoy that then WTF! I was in no rush just enjoying the day.