ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old December 27th, 2009, 09:10 PM   #1
RED_09
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): '09 ninja 250r

zxr 250 style fairing?

I was wondering if it would be possible to swap out the current 08-10 front fairing to the old zxr 250 style fairing with the circular headlights? Is there a company out there that could fabricate it, or would this not be possible with kawasaki's current design? Would anyone else find this appealing?
RED_09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 27th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #2
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

i would say its all down to an individuals taste;

personally i prefer the new 08+ model, the retro round headlights are really oldschool. i like the honda cbr600RR or the Gixer headlights even more, but that's just a totally different bike.

i would confidently say that its very possible to have this fabricated here in bali in fiberglass, but they would need a bike to work with and use as a point of reference for all the screws and the dashboard.

uhm... but no, im not sacrificing my bike for your cause sorry i would end up getting a bike back that's scratched, dirty, and full of fiberglas / resin leftovers.

Old January 6th, 2010, 11:15 PM   #3
Cedilla
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (sold)

I really like the old skool round headlights. I would trade my 09 for a mint condition ZXR if I could.

Old January 6th, 2010, 11:26 PM   #4
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedilla View Post
I really like the old skool round headlights. I would trade my 09 for a mint condition ZXR if I could.
heck yeah, i would trade mine in anyday too! not for the looks, bt rather for the engineering though. this babys an i4 no? similar to the honda cbr 250 babyblade, with a good 40hp...

to be honest, i would probably consider getting a body kit to mod the ZXR to update the look to the 21st century the front is so round, and the back is so blocky, he he

however it must be a hassle to maintain and get spare parts for a bike like that...

Old January 7th, 2010, 08:38 AM   #5
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

not doable you have to replace all the fairings. Unless you make a custom one off piece to match the stock side fairings. Your looking at a really expensive project.

Old January 7th, 2010, 04:30 PM   #6
Cedilla
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayanlam View Post
heck yeah, i would trade mine in anyday too! not for the looks, bt rather for the engineering though. this babys an i4 no? similar to the honda cbr 250 babyblade, with a good 40hp...

to be honest, i would probably consider getting a body kit to mod the ZXR to update the look to the 21st century the front is so round, and the back is so blocky, he he

however it must be a hassle to maintain and get spare parts for a bike like that...
I like the looks, it kinda looks like a baby ZX-7. I would like to have a ZXR even if it was the ugliest bike ever made. About 40hp, in a small 250 would be a very fun machine to ride like you stole it. I would imagine that they are a pain to ride slow though, b/c of the narrow powerband.