ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Notices

Old November 11th, 2012, 07:11 AM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

WTB spare 1988-2007 pregen EX250F engine + carbs Atlanta / ATL area ($375-$425)

OK, I have a spare pregen that I bought for parts and I realized that I already have enough spare parts that all it really needs to run is a motor with carbs. With my other two ninjettes, I obviously don't need a third one working so no one's going to get rich off me here. I can wait for a great deal from a local.

I'm offering $375 for the bare motor and carbs but I can go up to $425 with extras (mounting bolts, more spare parts, etc). I think it's fair because I've seen motors go for under $500 frequently and I am not nearly as urgent as those buyers (not at all urgent, in fact). If you don't think it's fair, find one of those urgent buyers (good luck) or tell me why you think your price is fair.

Alternatively, if you are looking for a titled frame with tank, suspension, coolant system, wiring harness, tail, headlight, gauge, etc, to use your good engine and carbs with then you can make me an offer.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #2
cerberusrex25
Accesories Guru

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '99 EX250(Cafe/fighter project)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
OK, I have a spare pregen that I bought for parts and I realized that I already have enough spare parts that all it really needs to run is a motor with carbs. With my other two ninjettes, I obviously don't need a third one working so no one's going to get rich off me here. I can wait for a great deal from a local.

I'm offering $375 for the bare motor and carbs but I can go up to $425 with extras (mounting bolts, more spare parts, etc). I think it's fair because I've seen motors go for under $500 frequently and I am not nearly as urgent as those buyers (not at all urgent, in fact). If you don't think it's fair, find one of those urgent buyers (good luck) or tell me why you think your price is fair.

Alternatively, if you are looking for a titled frame with tank, suspension, coolant system, wiring harness, tail, headlight, gauge, etc, to use your good engine and carbs with then you can make me an offer.
Does it have to be running? because for 300 and maybe s&h, I can sell you mine with the carbs and the mounting bolts, I have a lot of parts I won't be needing and I would like them to go to a good home. lemme know if you don't find anything around your area, I am in no hurry to sell all the spares I got, but once I get this thing running I would like you or someone like you to give all this stuff a good home or put them to use.
cerberusrex25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #3
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusrex25 View Post
Does it have to be running? because for 300 and maybe s&h, I can sell you mine with the carbs and the mounting bolts, I have a lot of parts I won't be needing and I would like them to go to a good home. lemme know if you don't find anything around your area, I am in no hurry to sell all the spares I got, but once I get this thing running I would like you or someone like you to give all this stuff a good home or put them to use.
You mean the other engine you have that has a loose cam chain and needs oversized piston rings? Thanks, but I barely trust myself to install a working engine and doubt I could get one running that you couldn't fix. What was the final prognosis? I do go through VA a couple times a year and could avoid shipping if it's something I could use.

Old November 13th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #4
cerberusrex25
Accesories Guru

Quote:
You mean the other engine you have that has a loose cam chain and needs oversized piston rings? Thanks, but I barely trust myself to install a working engine and doubt I could get one running that you couldn't fix. What was the final prognosis? I do go through VA a couple times a year and could avoid shipping if it's something I could use.
All it needs is the chain, I installed new regular pistons and rings on it along with valves. The other mechanic suggested taking the olwer half down and give it a cleaning because he was paranoid, but as far as I know it was just the chain install, because the tensioner and everything else on the top end was new or in excellent condition. It is just a suggestion man, I have no use for the thing and you need one.

Old November 13th, 2012, 06:58 AM   #5
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
All it needs is the chain, I installed new regular pistons and rings on it along with valves. The other mechanic suggested taking the olwer half down and give it a cleaning because he was paranoid, but as far as I know it was just the chain install, because the tensioner and everything else on the top end was new or in excellent condition. It is just a suggestion man, I have no use for the thing and you need one.
In that case it may be an option. I believe my newgen-J bike needs a cam chain too and it might be worth doing them both. I'll keep in touch and see if it's still available the next time I'm visiting family in the area. Thanks for the offer!

Old November 13th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #6
cerberusrex25
Accesories Guru

Quote:
In that case it may be an option. I believe my newgen-J bike needs a cam chain too and it might be worth doing them both. I'll keep in touch and see if it's still available the next time I'm visiting family in the area. Thanks for the offer!
Oh no problem, if I have my bike running and my license by next time you're in the are maybe we can go for a ride.

Old November 13th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #7
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Oh no problem, if I have my bike running and my license by next time you're in the are maybe we can go for a ride.
Well, I checked and you're still about 5 hours from my family at the WV border, but that's still a heck of a lot closer than here.

I'm still trying to figure how I could carry a second engine on my bike though!

Assuming it's still available by then, I'd probably ride to visit the family in WV then borrow my brother's truck to come get the engine. I'd load the bike in there at his place before setting out in case we could go for a ride. Heck, my brother might load his KLR650 in there and come riding too!

Old November 13th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #8
cerberusrex25
Accesories Guru

Yeah, hopefully my bike will be sorted by then, need a license and this bitch to start.

Old January 30th, 2013, 12:54 AM   #9
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Got one! Thanks anyway, Dave. Couldn't turn down a whole other bike for the cost of the engine alone when I already have a good frame and forks (its only issue).

Old February 3rd, 2013, 01:43 AM   #10
cerberusrex25
Accesories Guru

Shweeeeeeeeet, glad to hear you got one. We really need to get off our butts and finish them bikes.