ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old January 28th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #1
Churchryan55
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 kawasaki ninja ex250r

Blinker problem

Hey everyone new to site. Ok so I just bought a repo 2010 kawasaki ninja 250 and the previous owner removed the front blinkers and I just got in the side mirrors with the led blinkers built in to them. I installed them and went to try them out and the stayed lite and the rear ones to. The rear ones stay lite even before I installed the front one. I thought that by adding the front blinkers it would solve the problem but I was wrong. I looked at the wires the best I could while I had the fairing off and they looked good to me no cuts or anything. I also ordered the stock front blinkers and just waiting for them to get here from china would like to figure this out soon thanks for the help and sorry for the long story
Churchryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #2
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchryan55 View Post
Hey everyone new to site. Ok so I just bought a repo 2010 kawasaki ninja 250 and the previous owner removed the front blinkers and I just got in the side mirrors with the led blinkers built in to them. I installed them and went to try them out and the stayed lite and the rear ones to. The rear ones stay lite even before I installed the front one. I thought that by adding the front blinkers it would solve the problem but I was wrong. I looked at the wires the best I could while I had the fairing off and they looked good to me no cuts or anything. I also ordered the stock front blinkers and just waiting for them to get here from china would like to figure this out soon thanks for the help and sorry for the long story
LED's draw less current than bulbs so the thermal flasher unit that heats some sort of bimetalic strip I assume always stays on as it doesn't heat up as it would with the load of the bulbs and so they stay on, you will need to switch to an electrnic flasher relay or add a resistor for each led turn signal.

But if you'd spend one minute on google you would know this.

Or read the wiki

http://www.ninjette.org/wiki/L.E.D_Lighting
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #3
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Are the built in lights on the mirrors LEDs? if so, you'll need to replace your flasher with an eletric flasher so your LEDs can flash.

Do a search for flasher relay.

Old January 28th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #4
Churchryan55
ninjette.org newbie

Ok so I took the left bli let off the back and hooked it up to the front right and with the bike on but not running it just stays on but once I start the bike it blinks just fine. I haven't hooked the led mirrors with the two blinkers on the same side yet to see if it will blink. Any thought on to why it only blinks when the bike is running?

Old January 28th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #5
Churchryan55
ninjette.org newbie

Oh and where do I find an electric flasher and how much is one