ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old August 27th, 2014, 11:38 PM   #1
storm720
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Full exhaust and intake suggestions

Ex-Racer looking for some Experienced Racers/Tuners suggestions and opinions on a full exhaust system for a 2009 ninja 250 that are currently working for them.

I'm looking at a Full Systems from:

Yoshimura
Two-Bros
Akrapovic
Leovinci
Or something that is working better?

Airbox mods or elimination?

K&N air filter or something else?

Jet kits or jetting recommendations?

Looking for more power while still keeping reliability. Will be used 75% street & 25% track days.

Thanks for the help in advance!
storm720 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 28th, 2014, 05:48 AM   #2
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

well of those you mentioned I think the one you definetely don't want to use is the Two-bros...
performance-wise the LeoVince is the reference point but people in the States with carburated models prefer AreaP's systems, not only because they are reviewed to perform well but also because their aftersales customer service is flawless... they provide you with rejetting instructions and suggestions etc...
track guys remove box and use pods if it is not against certain class regulations, KN mostly either pods or filter...
our track guys will give you more specified info (there are threads on rejetting and tuning based on choice of exhaust system and operating altitudes) since I am on the other side of the Atlantic...

Old August 28th, 2014, 07:04 AM   #3
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
do some searches, do lots of reading and in the end do what ever it is that you want.

the difference is performance between most of the setups will be barely noticeable but other aspects of the setups will be such as, price, sound, looks, other quirks

removing kleen air and common and generally recommended, (check your laws) the air box on the other hand, debatable, pro's and con's to each, read up, formulate your own opinions and make your own decision.

Jetting, will need to be done, that is all, bikes are different, people live/ride in different areas with different setups, they all will require different jetting. However, check out the jetting database in the "DIY" sticky at the top of the new gen tech section for some guidance on where to start.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 28th, 2014, 12:55 PM   #4
broilmebk
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): '12 ninja 250r

Area P is a favorite here
broilmebk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 28th, 2014, 05:27 PM   #5
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Area P

'Merica
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2014, 12:03 AM   #6
storm720
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Input thanks

Thanks gentleman, I appreciate your input. I'll start doing research on the forum here. Raced most of the CBR's and the early R6's for about 13 yrs. so these 250's are real new to me. Trying to get a base setup for the wife's mostly street, but some track endeavors. Thanks again!
storm720 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2014, 12:13 AM   #7
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

@storm720, if you'd use it 25% street and 75% race, also looking for highest power output the best choice would be this https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=66733
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2014, 05:48 AM   #8
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm720 View Post
Ex-Racer looking for some Experienced Racers/Tuners suggestions and opinions on a full exhaust system for a 2009 ninja 250 that are currently working for them.

I'm looking at a Full Systems from:

Yoshimura
Two-Bros
Akrapovic
Leovinci
Or something that is working better?

Airbox mods or elimination?

K&N air filter or something else?

Jet kits or jetting recommendations?

Looking for more power while still keeping reliability. Will be used 75% street & 25% track days.

Thanks for the help in advance!
^ the exhaust above I can not imagine is a good choice based on the described sound alone but some people like'em loud.

Like I said before, performance wise, I can't see you noticing a difference. If you are racing where fractions of seconds matter... sure but I still can't imagine your extra 1hp is gonna give you much of an edge in the 250 class where I imagine your riding is more the determining factor.

Go with what you want but put lots of consideration into the way it sounds and looks because that is what you will notice the most JMO

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 30th, 2014, 12:46 PM   #9
C-Bass
ninjette.org member

Name: C-Bass

Motorcycle(s): Currently own: 98 Honda VTR1000, 02 Suzuki's DR200 & DR650, 04 & 08 BUSA's, 05 Ducati SS1000, 12 Ninja 250R SE

I have the Yoshimura TRC full system with CF canister (restrictive sound reduction insert installed - a lot easier on the ears) -

C-Bass is offline   Reply With Quote