ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old July 3rd, 2017, 04:57 PM   #1
tesla
ninjette.org member

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex 250

Suddenly no front light.

Hi all, first of all sorry my basic english, i have a trouble with my 2012 250 ninja, since two days ago i noticed the front light isnt working, a few minutes ago i checked all the fuses and they are OK, i have all working horn, turn lights all the meters are OK, but the front light isnt working at all, the bulbs are OK what can i check ?, any ideas ?, thanks in advance. (again sorry for my english)
tesla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 3rd, 2017, 05:22 PM   #2
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Is the engine running? I know on the pregens the headlight does not come on until the engine is running.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 3rd, 2017, 05:24 PM   #3
tesla
ninjette.org member

Yes, the engine its running allways!

Old July 3rd, 2017, 05:29 PM   #4
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
You'll save gas if you shut it off when you're asleep at night.

All I can suggest is to use the wiring diagram to trace where the headlight power runs, and follow it with a meter or test lamp until you find where it's not getting though.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 3rd, 2017, 05:46 PM   #5
tesla
ninjette.org member

Ok. i think ill do that, i think it might be the relay out of the fuse box, but i will test it.

Old July 3rd, 2017, 05:51 PM   #6
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Is the high-beam light working? Might give you a starting point on a shared circuit
If the high beam does work, you can doublecheck the low-beam bulb by swapping them since they are identical bulbs.

I had a low-beam blow out a while back. Bulb looked fine at a glance. Swapped them, and it wouldn't work in the high-beam. The original bulb from the high beam worked in the low beam housing, suggesting it was the low-beam bulb.

Also useful trick if your lowbeam does blow and you don't want to use your highbeam - they can be swapped on the roadside if you know what you're reaching for and have skinny arms.

Just make sure you wipe off the glass on the bulb - don't want to make hot spots with finger oil or dirt.

Old July 3rd, 2017, 06:01 PM   #7
tesla
ninjette.org member

Momaru, thanks for the answer, high-beam light isnt working, the blue light indicator of high beam working, isnt working already, i think it must be the relay there is outside of the fuse box, but im new with the bike so im not sure about that.