ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old April 14th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #1
kwykoff
ninjette.org member

Name: Kyle

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

Need some more opinions

So, I come to this forum daily now. I love reading what everyone is doing.
I'm still working on posting more pics of my bike, right now I think I've only got one on my profile. I'll get on that, cause I've done a few minor things.

Now, I'm looking at a few other farkles that are cheap and quick. Just because I like doing things to the bike and I could easily go broke doing something big every week. for now, it needs to be small cheap things.

My 2011 is black and I really like Carbon accessories, my tank pad is the only carbon-look item I have right now tho. I see cars, and bikes too, that take the carbon way too far and I don't want to do that. However, I've got a Two Brothers Black Series Carbon slip-on on the way. and I'm starting to think I might grab a gas cap protector as well since they are dirt cheap on ebay. But today, I found these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Mirro...dcb0d9&vxp=mtr

I'm sure no one has experience with this, or this seller so I'm not asking about quality(unless you do, then I am!) but what do you guys think of hints of carbon here and there? overkill with these?

anyone have any other subtle bits of carbon I could consider?
kwykoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 14th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #2
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Maybe it's just me, but I have never liked (and most likely never will) fake carbon farkles.

Old April 14th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #3
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

I saw a carbon front hugger & carbon side plastic piece (replaces the black plastic triangle-shaped pieces on the sides)
Kind of pricey, however, definitely not as expensive as that slip-on you just bought :P

http://www.tygausa.com/en/23-ninja-250r-2008-2010
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 14th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #4
kwykoff
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
I saw a carbon front hugger & carbon side plastic piece (replaces the black plastic triangle-shaped pieces on the sides)
Kind of pricey, however, definitely not as expensive as that slip-on you just bought :P

Well, spending on the slip-on is not quite what you think. The dealer I bought the bike from owed me a favor, and I'm getting it at "cost" he should have it any day and he will tell me what I owe. As far as I know, it's considerably less than msrp. otherwise, I would not have jumped into that yet.

I wish I had seen that front fender a week ago, I just put on a CBR hugger on the rear tire and I almost would have scraped that idea for matching front and rear carbons.

Old April 14th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #5
kwykoff
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I have never liked (and most likely never will) fake carbon farkles.
because they are fake, or because you don't like the look of carbon?

Old April 14th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #6
loz944
ninjette.org guru

Name: Laurence

Motorcycle(s): Green 2012 Ninja 250SE and a Yamaha fino scooter (my wife's really)

I like them and with the Turn signals added viability which can never be a bad thing,

as for being too much no if its only the things you already have,

for other non carbon but good quality Farkles check this

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96572

Old April 14th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #7
kwykoff
ninjette.org member

ok, this changes things.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-X-50-3D-B...fe00f3&vxp=mtr

I know someone has to have used this at some point.

This would mean, courtesy of sean's ideas, carbon hugger on the rear, fender on the front. Possibly the mirrors, the tank pad, and the gas cap protector(if I can find the correct one)

How is that for overkill?

Old April 14th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #8
kwykoff
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loz944 View Post
I like them and with the Turn signals added viability which can never be a bad thing,

as for being too much no if its only the things you already have,

for other non carbon but good quality Farkles check this

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96572
Hey Loz,
As I said I am on here pretty much daily the last few weeks and I actually ran into your post there recently. I love the look of all the red items( red on black is my favorite match up) but right now I'm on a cheap as possible basis. I have bookmarked that thread and I will keep it in mind for sure.

Old April 14th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #9
loz944
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): Green 2012 Ninja 250SE and a Yamaha fino scooter (my wife's really)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwykoff View Post
ok, this changes things.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-X-50-3D-B...fe00f3&vxp=mtr

I know someone has to have used this at some point.

This would mean, courtesy of sean's ideas, carbon hugger on the rear, fender on the front. Possibly the mirrors, the tank pad, and the gas cap protector(if I can find the correct one)

How is that for overkill?

Problem is if you have a roll of the stuff you might think mmmmmmmmm what can i do next I know just a little on the fairings next you know you will have an all carbon bike lol

Old April 14th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #10
kwykoff
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loz944 View Post
Problem is if you have a roll of the stuff you might think mmmmmmmmm what can i do next I know just a little on the fairings next you know you will have an all carbon bike lol
haha, good point. but for $10 maybe I should... and just replace all the plastics when I decide it really is as stupid as everyone thinks it will be. Maybe by that time I will give this bike to my wife and she will prob want a new color anyway.

Old April 14th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #11
loz944
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
haha, good point. but for $10 maybe I should... and just replace all the plastics when I decide it really is as stupid as everyone thinks it will be. Maybe by that time I will give this bike to my wife and she will prob want a new color anyway.
Lol at least you can always remove the film if its too much

Pm sent

Old April 14th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #12
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
because they are fake, or because you don't like the look of carbon?
Because it's fake. I like the look of real carbon fiber. However, fake carbon fiber to me is just annoying and ugly. But if you like them, then don't let me stop you.

Old April 14th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #13
kwykoff
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Because it's fake. I like the look of real carbon fiber. However, fake carbon fiber to me is just annoying and ugly. But if you like them, then don't let me stop you.

hey no problem, just out for opinions. so, yours is fine no matter what. This is my first bike and I know what I like but I don't know what everyone else likes...not that that would sway me, but I'm still curious to see if ppl think I would be ruining my bike/resell, if I ever thought about that.

do you know of any legit carbon parts that wouldn't cost a fourtune and would add just a little bit of carbon look? I'm not wanting to do a full fairing set or anything like that, I just like little touches here and there.

Old April 15th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #14
Kristofferzero
ninjette.org member

Name: Kristoffer

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 (sold)

Quote:
anyone have any other subtle bits of carbon I could consider?
If you like carbon that much why not go all out and buy the new Arai Corsair V Carbon? It sells for the low price of $4000!

Or you can try winning it.

https://www.revzilla.com/arai-helmets-carbon-giveaway

For your bike, I don't think those mirrors look too bad and you can get rid of the dinky side markers.

Previous owner of my bike put these on: http://tinyurl.com/6syaamd

I've got compliments but the only issue I had with these were you needed to drill holes in the fairing to install them.
Kristofferzero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #15
xSean13

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

I am on the fence about carbon fiber, however, I do think that if there was any specific color to complement carbon fiber, then it would be black. And considering your bike is blacked out, I think the mods will look good.

I think those turn signals will look good, and I even think the carbon fiber tank fill pads from tyga would look good.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #16
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
do you know of any legit carbon parts that wouldn't cost a fourtune and would add just a little bit of carbon look? I'm not wanting to do a full fairing set or anything like that, I just like little touches here and there.

Also, many huggers have the option for carbon fiber.

The DanMoto slip-on also comes in CF. here's massacremasses (Justin)'s bike as an example of what the DanMoto can looks like in CF

choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote