ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old April 22nd, 2011, 02:01 AM   #1
Clearlynotstefan
ninjette.org member

Name: Stefan

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Ninja 250, Totally black. Gsxr 600 Red.

Idea

Just had an idea. I'm not even sure its a good idea, it just came to me, and I wanted to bounce it off you guys!

Reality is, when merging lanes on the highway, I don't feel 110% in knowing whats around me all the time. Frankly I've gotten comfortable tucking my body and seeing whats behind me on the street through the stock mirrors, but I was thinking I could really use 2 of something like
That on my bike!

Now the question is placement, I think they would take up wayyy to much real estate on the mirrors themselves. One option is mounting them directly under each mirror via epoxy or something like that, but I feel this would look like poo

What about making custom wide angle mirrored Bar ends! Or a Bar end with a square wide angle lens attached at the right angle.

Basic idea is PLUS
I'm just trying to think here... Opinions? It would hardly be noticable on the bar end, and could save my life!
Clearlynotstefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2011, 05:49 AM   #2
JeffM
Mr. 988

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): One

How big are they? I'd just slap 'em somewhere on the mirrors where they fit best and try them out. I have 2" round mirrors stuck on the lower bottom of my mirrors. Even with the additional mirrors, I still head check.

Jeff

Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:06 AM   #3
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

I have some small ones on my mirrors too. They work pretty well, but i still head check too. They are better at stoplights...to see whats coming up behind you.
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:12 AM   #4
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
That is a great idea that many people have used. You may also want to try some mirror extenders which work great as well. check out the link.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...rror+extenders
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:33 AM   #5
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I always turn around a look. Plus I start looking to merge as I go down the ramp. Plus I'm usually going three times faster than traffic (ramps have turns, it's a Florida thing) so I need to look where I'm going to slow down and merge in.

Old April 23rd, 2011, 03:42 PM   #6
Yasko
Texas Newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja EX250, 07 FZ6

+1 turn and look... It was in the 50 ways to save your life....
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote