ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old May 1st, 2017, 09:27 AM   #1
Cra1g
ninjette.org member

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS, 2007 Yamaha FZ6

Battery terminal screws are different sizes...

Usually this wouldn't be a big deal for me, but I've been connecting wires to the battery using ring terminals and need to use different sizes in order to compensate for the different battery terminal screw sizes.

However, the next size up of ring terminals are two big for the wires I need to connect, so I'm not really sure what to do.

Do they make some kind of adapter kit that I could attach to the battery terminals so that both are the same size screws? What are my options?
Cra1g is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2017, 10:11 AM   #2
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Use a washer?
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 1st, 2017, 12:58 PM   #3
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Ring terminals are available with wires sizes and bolt sizes independently. Going up a bolt size does not force you to buy terminals for larger wires. Maybe you're buying them from a place that has limited stock.

For reference, I get mine from McMaster-Carr.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2017, 01:08 PM   #4
Cra1g
ninjette.org member

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS, 2007 Yamaha FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
For reference, I get mine from McMaster-Carr.
Wow, lots of good stuff there. Thanks!
Cra1g is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2017, 01:20 PM   #5
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Any time. The rule with McM is you can usually find stuff cheaper if you're prepared to buy hundreds of each item, but they normally beat my local Lowes for prices of normal quantities, and if I order by 5:30 PM, the shipment almost always arrives the next day, for actual cost ground shipping. You can ask what the specifics are for your address, but often it'll be next day delivery. They're clever to put their warehouses right next to UPS and FedEx shipping hubs.

Customer service is the best of any company I've ever dealt with. To return an item, you just ship it back to the address it came from. You don't need any paperwork. I asked if they want a copy of the receipt, but was told it wasn't necessary because when they see the address it came from, they can look up the customer and credit his account. Compare that to "No refunds without prior authorization" companies.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 11:35 AM   #6
ck.mecha
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 1969 Benelli Cobra 125, 1970 Honda CB160, 2009 Kawasaki 250R

I have in the past carefully drilled out the hole in the ring connector when in a pinch, if you have just 1-2 it is an option.

We use McMaster daily at work too, great company. I have a friend who has been working there for 2 years and they gave him a personal loan to make a down payment on a house. Their 401K is something ridiculous too, like 8-10%. If I order before 10am using standard ground its here before end of day - usually utilizing a last mile courier service. Also, if they dont have something on their website, call them and they will find it for you and at a great price still.
ck.mecha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2017, 03:40 PM   #7
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck.mecha View Post
If I order before 10am using standard ground its here before end of day - usually utilizing a last mile courier service.
I wondered how that could be until I saw that you're in Atlanta.