Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old May 21st, 2015, 06:34 AM   #1
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Track Days and Racing in South West

I finally get to do it, I am moving to Kingman, Arizona next month. Now I need to find the best options for track days and racing. Yes, I want to race, but my current 250 is probably illegal in any ninja class.

1. What organizations are there in the area of Southern California, Nevada and Arizona?
2. What ones offer racer schools?
3. What organization do you guys prefer?
4. I have Chuckwalla and Spring Mountain as the closest tracks.

I may have more questions, but this is a start. Probably won't touch the track till November or December.(God I love saying that!)

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2015, 06:43 AM   #2
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

What you moving for?

Spoiler for topic:
It might just be the [you] tag
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2015, 06:44 AM   #3
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
warmer weather.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2015, 06:59 AM   #4
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

A lot of the Arizona guys I know either race CVMA, which I'm sure you know is at chuckwalla, or the travel over to New Mexico and race with ASMA at Arroyo Seco. For the first time ever, as of this year, MWGP is now holding a race or two in their rotation at Pahrump. So that's also an option, although if you wanted to commit to the whole series, the rest are at Willow Springs and Buttonwillow, so that would end up a much bigger commitment.

There's also WERA West who races at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (I think they also go there twice a year), which probably isn't tremendously further than Pahrump for you. Although their other rounds hit AAA Speedway in Fontana and Miller in Utah, so also gonna be a big commitment to do the whole series

The advantage of CVMA is that there are actually large grids and competition, so you won't be doing a solo 6 lap trackday with a trophy at the end (which is the case at MWGP and WERA who have very very small grids, at least on the little bikes. Not sure about ASMA, but I get the impression their 250 class is also not huge there). The track has gotten kind of boring to me after 3 years running, since it doesn't offer a ton of variety, but it's the most competition you're gonna get, and it's a mostly good community.

As far as trackdays go, you have more options there, since there are still Arizona tracks that do trackdays even though their race series closed down. Not sure if they do regular trackdays at Inde Motorsports park (which is an AWESOME track), but I know I've seen some friends posting from Firebird. Don't know the name of their orgs though.

If you want to go to Chuckwalla, Socal Trackdays is the main provider, and they run an open session format so you just get to ride as much or as little as you like all day.

TrackDaz offers a friday trackday there before every race weekend and offers the CVMA New Racers school and is regular 3 group format. TrackXperience usually has a few CVR days in the off season, and they also run a lot of Pahrump days.
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote