ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 2nd, 2012, 06:40 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[faster and faster] - 2013 Triumph Street Triple, Street Triple R unveiled at the Int

These are the first official pics of the 2013 Triumph Street Triple and Street Triple RTriumph have unveiled the new, 2013-spec Street Triple and Street Triple R at the Intermot in Cologne, in Germany. The bike features revised styling and an all-new chassis which, according to Triumph, provides more precise handling and improved agility. The exhaust has been repositioned, which helps

Click here for full story...

Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:07 AM   #2
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Very sexy with a good looking set of headlights... the bike of course.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2012, 10:29 AM   #3
Yasko
Texas Newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja EX250, 07 FZ6

Street Triple R with ABS
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2012, 11:53 AM   #4
Reyno2ac
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): Red 2009 Ninja 650r

That looks sexy!!!
Reyno2ac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2012, 01:58 PM   #5
the big mike
ninjette.org sage

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, Fazer8

I don't like it, but that's my personal taste

Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:29 AM   #6
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

Triumph design is getting ever deeper into dumps...
MV Agusta Brutale 675 will eat it for lunch.
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:37 AM   #7
Broc
ninjette.org member

Name: Broc

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Black - Sold / 2011 Honda CB1000R

I like it but what drove me away from triumph was fit/finish and price. They still are just not up to par on there fit/finish and all of there bikes are very pricey. I got my CB1000R for cheaper than a Street Triple R to give you an example. Not enough bang for my buck.

Old October 3rd, 2012, 03:07 PM   #8
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broc View Post
I like it but what drove me away from triumph was fit/finish and price. They still are just not up to par on there fit/finish and all of there bikes are very pricey. I got my CB1000R for cheaper than a Street Triple R to give you an example. Not enough bang for my buck.
Ok, I traded my CBR600 for a Street Triple, so I can speak from first hand experience. A new Street Triple / R retails for $8800/$9600. A brand new CBR600 costs around $11K... maybe for $9500 off season... Now, CBR1000 costs even more... So, unless you got your Honda used, there is no way you would pay more for a Triumph.

And what do you mean by Triumphs fit / finish being inferior to CBR's? Loose rivets? Missing fairings? Dragging footpegs? What in particular? I can't find a thing wrong with either bike, no matter how hard I try...

The only thing CBR600 has over Triumph in spades, is the suspension. But then you put Ohlins on a Street Triple, and its game over.
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:58 PM   #9
Broc
ninjette.org member

Name: Broc

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Black - Sold / 2011 Honda CB1000R

I have a C-B-1000-R....you are talking about a C-B-R-1000-R-R. Completely different animals and price range. I did indeed buy my bike brand spanking new.

I looked at a ton of bikes from almost every sport bike manufacture over the course of a year before I bought.

The Triumphs just did not impress me in person. Of course I have no idea what type of paint, rubber, plastic, & metal each company uses. I am judging fit and finish by how the bike looks & feels in person. Gaps sizes, cheap looking materials, cheap hardware, the lights, the gauges, etc....I mean overall feel and look of the finished product. Triumphs plastics looked filmsy, the gauges look like autometer ricer specials, I have seen numerous rusty bolts and metal on triumphs old & new, couldn't stand the chrome, and some of the metal finishes didn't look quite right. All of this combined with the price and rarity of good Triumph dealerships was a no no for me.

Honda has always impressed me. They seem to get everything so polished. However, that being said the CBR600RR hasn't been updated in so long it wasn't on the top of my list either. In fact I put both the fit & finish of the Street & Speed Triple higher. The CBR600RR is very dated. Now the new CBR1000RR is just nasty, you have to see that bike in person. That bike is of course a lot more than a Street Triple being a 1000cc super sport. I believe it's closer to 14K now. The CBR600RR was around $10,000 OTD at the time I looked.

As far as price for my bike.....I paid $10,000 OTD for a CB1000R (again NOT a CBR1000RR) with fully adjustable super sport suspension, a 1000cc super sport based motor, super sport brakes, outstanding fit & finish, legendary Honda reliability, swing sided swing arm, street ability, easy maintenance, 87 octane ready, and built in Italy....it was everything I wanted!

The prices I was quoted for 2012 Street Triple R ( was not interested in the base model) was a tad over $11,000 OTD. Due to the rarity of Triumphs the dealerships would not budge on prices. I have always wanted a ST3 but they just didn't do it for me in person. Maybe if I was allowed to test drive I would be riding something else, who knows.

So...to recap.....I did not get my bike used and it is a CB1000R. I paid about $1,000 less OTD for a 1000cc naked than I would for a 675cc naked. This is of course all preference. I am sure the ST3 and all Triumphs are fine bikes but it just wasn't my cup of tea. My bike is faster in a straight line but the Streets do weigh a lot less and may be quicker in the corners. So I guess it's all about what you are willing to pay. I was not willing to pay $1,000 more for less of a bike lacking in fit & finish. Just my 5 cents!

Old October 3rd, 2012, 08:59 PM   #10
Reswob
ninjette.org sage

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Triumph Bonneville Black

Overall, looks much better than the older model Street. That exhaust however is unacceptable. Move it back where it belongs!