ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old December 14th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #1
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

What are you supposed to do...

When you took a 4 hour nap during the day and then the sun goes down and you're wired and can't sleep?

It's saturday night, drunk drivers all over the roads, wouldn't be smart to go ride.
corksil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #2
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Play with your cat... I woke up to a text and can't go back to sleep, crazy the other 14 texts and 7 phone calls didn't wake me up

Old December 14th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #3
corksil

Bro you must be stalking me. Somehow you know I have a cat.

Unfortunately it's a full moon, so cat is out hunting for snacks in the bright night air. Not sure exactly how I would go about 'playing' with my cat either, he doesn't seem too keen on learning any card games, and when I handed him an xbox controller he just stared at it before knawing on it.

EDIT -- spent the past ten minutes petting cat before sending it back out for it's hunting purposes. Where did I put the [redacted].

Feels like I'm the guy in the late 90's MTV music video interludes, rolling about counting sheep and questioning the nature of things. I should be out doing something right now. Dear diary.

Old December 15th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #4
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Hahaha weirdo. 4 more hours and I will be about my hunting purposes. I may or may not have partook in some [redacted]

Old December 15th, 2013, 05:40 AM   #5
jokesonyou24
ninjette.org foodie

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): None...Yet

Watch any animal planet special...you'd be surprised how interesting that crap can be in the wee hours of the mornin'

Old December 15th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #6
corksil

^^^ I don't have cable TV. But yes, I remember the childish glee which came from watching majestic beasts tackle prey and rut like crazed weasels in a ditch in slow motion during the wee hours of the morning.

I ended up sharpening up all of my knives. The spyderco 204 tri-angle sharpmaker is quite a tool with the appropriate sharpening stones to polish the edge properly. (They apparently have newly released "ultra-fine" stones, which I just had a chance to try out and wow.)

Actually shaved with my pocket knife this morning. Who needs expensive razors and shaving creme when you have a freshly sharpened combat knife and some olive oil?

Old December 16th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #7
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
Play with your cat...
Ewww this forum is no place for your immaturity.

"even a proper fitting helmet can 'get loose'" -csmith
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 16th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #8
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
^^^ I don't have cable TV. But yes, I remember the childish glee which came from watching majestic beasts tackle prey and rut like crazed weasels in a ditch in slow motion during the wee hours of the morning.

I ended up sharpening up all of my knives. The spyderco 204 tri-angle sharpmaker is quite a tool with the appropriate sharpening stones to polish the edge properly. (They apparently have newly released "ultra-fine" stones, which I just had a chance to try out and wow.)

Actually shaved with my pocket knife this morning. Who needs expensive razors and shaving creme when you have a freshly sharpened combat knife and some olive oil?
What nobody watched the wonderful world of dung??? Idk how I sat for so long watching beetles, rhinos poop, and all the other mess... But it was hilarious, in a bathroom humor sort of way

Old December 16th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #9
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta View Post
Ewww this forum is no place for your immaturity.
This forum is the perfect place for Backdoor humor, even of the animal kind... You are after all the one with the dirty mind here

Old December 16th, 2013, 06:45 AM   #10
jokesonyou24
ninjette.org foodie

Quote:

A good ceramic rod works wonders as well. I run a sharpening service out of my home as small source of extra income. You might also consider some Japanese water stones with a nagura stone.

Old December 16th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #11
corksil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokesonyou24 View Post
A good ceramic rod works wonders as well. I run a sharpening service out of my home as small source of extra income. You might also consider some Japanese water stones with a nagura stone.
Are you familiar with the spyderco 204 sharpmaker? I've had it for years, and once you get the full collection of stones for it, you're golden.

Most people are unaware that they sell metal "stones" encrusted with diamonds, in addition to the medium (brown) and fine (white) stones. They also have ultra-fine stones (white, with painted red end to discern from fine stones.)

Old December 16th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #12
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
I like my Gerber diamond sharpener

Old December 17th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #13
jokesonyou24
ninjette.org foodie

Quote:
Are you familiar with the spyderco 204 sharpmaker? I've had it for years, and once you get the full collection of stones for it, you're golden.

Most people are unaware that they sell metal "stones" encrusted with diamonds, in addition to the medium (brown) and fine (white) stones. They also have ultra-fine stones (white, with painted red end to discern from fine stones.)
Yeah, I'm familiar with it. I personally don't like a ceramic flat edge "stone", because they can be difficult to use with some blade styles/shapes, but that's me. I also have several different grits of diamond stones.

these are the ceramic rods I use, though I don't use the guides, I do it by hand

Old December 17th, 2013, 01:13 AM   #14
jokesonyou24
ninjette.org foodie

I also use a couple of different medium and fine Japanese water stones like these:

here's a demo photo (not me)