Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old June 17th, 2014, 03:01 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Motorcycle crash victim robbed as he lay in road

Uxbridge road in Hayes

AN ex-RAF pilot who crashed his motorcycle was robbed by a man he assumed was coming to his aid.

Craig Stevens, 51, was left with a broken arm and a deep cut down to the bone on his leg after crashing his Triumph Bonneville in Hayes, shortly before a charity ride with the Royal British Legion.

When a passer-by stopped by his side, Mr Stevens, from Bexhill-On-Sea in East Sussex, assumed he was there to help. Instead, the man began to rummage through his pockets, eventually stealing £40 in cash.

Stevens, who served in the Gulf War and now suffers from leukaemia, said: ‘I cannot believe that someone could do that to me when I was so helpless and in need,

‘I could feel his hands going through all of my pockets, I couldn’t move. I was trapped, in pain and heavily bleeding. I was pleading with him to stop, to help me instead of stealing from me, but he carried on.

‘I feel angry. I feel violated.’

Since being admitted to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington last week, he has had two major operations and a skin graft on his leg. Mr Stevens is also on blood-thinning leukaemia medication, meaning his leg injury is even more serious.

His girlfriend, Nita Maisuria, 35, said: ‘This is the last thing you expect to happen in England.

‘I am appalled that people like this exist and that when Craig needed help, someone acted in such a disgusting way.’

The former RAF corporal also feels let down by the police after they told him they wouldn’t be investigating the theft, saying: ‘The man who did this is still out there.

‘The police said they would only investigate the accident and not the robbery - that is not their choice to make. I am a victim of crime, he might have only taken the £40 I had in cash, but that is not the point. I want the police to do something.’

Police are now investigating the crash, which occurred in Uxbridge Road at around 2.30pm on Saturday, June 7. The thief was described as black, around 5’6” tall, in his 40s and wearing a trilby hat.

Related Content

18-year old motorcycle champ retires
WSS: Craig Jones in coma after Brands crash
WSS: Craig Jones dies after Brands crash
Dambusters themed ride draws close
Motorcycle thief turns himself in

Click here for full story...