ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old May 11th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #1
krolinked
Nerd

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Ducati Hyperstrada

Question Kawasaki Ticket 2 Ride Event

Who is going to the ticket to ride event tomorrow?
Any info on how exactly it works?
I'm going but have never done one.
Any insight would be appreciated!

Old May 11th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #2
Ninja Chris
ninjette.org member

Name: Christian

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Black & Yellow Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by krolinked View Post
Who is going to the ticket to ride event tomorrow?
Any info on how exactly it works?
I'm going but have never done one.
Any insight would be appreciated!
Heyooo! I'll be heading to the L.A. one myself (actually it's at the L.A. county fair grounds). I went to last years event and had a blast. First time I rode the 250 on the open road. I'll have to hunt around the forums for the video. If you PM me your email I can forward you the event info flyer.

Should Kawi run the event the same way as last year...
  • Registration/sign up starts at 8am. Rides start at 9am and go till 4pm. I arrived at 8am and was waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the line last year. I plan to take my beach chair and arrive much earlier tomorrow. I'm not aiming to try out SS this time around, but I think the new 650 gonna be a popular bike. But who knows, maybe everyone will wait to show up at 9am and I'll be able to sign up for all the bikes I want ::wishful thinking::
  • They instituted the rule that you have to finish your scheduled ride before being able to sign up for another. I don't know if they'll make us get back in line again.
  • Must have a valid drivers license and your own gear. Some folks showed up with brain buckets and t-shirts, other in full on track gear. So the level of protection you choose can vary. I'll be wearing most of what's in my profile pic
  • The bikes are broken into three groups, a) SS and Liter sports bikes, b) 600+ cc sport bike, c) Tourers and cruisers. They head out at staggered times so when one group arrives the next is leading. They also head out with a lead and tail rider to makes sure everyone stays together.
  • Rides last anywhere between 20-30 min with a mixture environments (freeway, 50mph back roads, stop light traffic, etc) if they keep a similar route as last year.
  • Cops might be out so watch your speed
  • I don't remember food being provided so I would recommend bringing a sac lunch or plan on grabbin' a bite with some friends (whether they be the ones you bring with you or make at the event
  • both the riders and the staff were cool, and as a kawi green new rider (didn't even have my bike yet) I had an outstanding time. A guy who used to hang out on here and over at Kawiforums was kind enough to hook a Go PRO to my bike when I went out

I went specifically to find out what the Ninja 250 felt like in motion. For whatever reason, a few folks made it their mission that day to both talk me out of buying the 250 and into testing out the 650r or the ZX-6r. I stuck to my guns and only road the lil' ninja for my test rides and I'm glad I did. It was a BLAST and I came home safe and sound
I'd offer you the same advice that was offered to me, "Don't ride beyond your skill/what you're comfortable with. The last thing any rider wants near them is a squirrely/scared rider."

Last futzed with by Ninja Chris; May 11th, 2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: remembered some stuff
Ninja Chris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #3
jenndiggity
ninjette.org member

Name: Jennifer

Motorcycle(s): Black 2011 Ninja 250R

I'll be there and plan on being there by 7:30
jenndiggity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #4
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

...yep he covered it. I'll be there tomorrow. Look for a white jacket and white/black Nexx helmet and come say hi!
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #5
Ninja Chris
ninjette.org member

Name: Christian

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Black & Yellow Ninja 250

This is the thread Kevin started with video from last years event. My ride video is under the 250 picture. Though I had earned my license and finished my MSF course it was my first time on the open road.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...976#post287976
Ninja Chris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #6
krolinked
Nerd

I saw a bunch of the 250 riders!
Sadly i did not go and say hi hehe.
Did anyone ride both the zx6 and zx10?
I rode the 10 but not 6 and i was wondering how they compared?

Old May 14th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #7
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

I liked the 10r a bit more than the 6r. It felt a bit smoother on the bottom believe it or not. Why didn't you come say hi??? I was there both days!

Old May 14th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #8
krolinked
Nerd

Thumbs up

I was with my pops so i didn't have my bike and didn't want him to be all alone and bored haha

I felt like the 10R had too much power, or rather it revved way low for the speed it was putting out.

Old May 15th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #9
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

But the power was so smooth! You just have to have good throttle control and it wont be jumpy.

Come say hi next time! At least you can see our faces and meet us, you don't have to abandon your pops all day