ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old September 15th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #161
GeorgiaHooligan
ninjette.org guru

Name: Aaron

Zorak green. Love the candy paint. Wonder if we will see it on the zx6r?
GeorgiaHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 15th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #162
KawiKid860
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

I think when the day comes I might upgrade/downgrade (depending on how you look at it) to a 250 from my 500. As much as I love my 500 i can only take it to 6 grand in the city without breaking the speed limit, so the idea of being able to hound the 250 up to 10k without speeding sounds beyond fun :P I probably will pick up a cheap used 08 red (best color imo) instead of paying whatever the ridiculous msrp will be when I get a new bike. That or I'll break down and get a 600 or l1terbike (think Ninja 1000, not ZX-10R) just for the inline 4 :P
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #163
Numbersix
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): Honda Elite 110 (deceased), Green 2012 Ninja 250 (sold on Pi day); Grey/Green 2019 Ninja 400 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaHooligan View Post
Zorak green. Love the candy paint. Wonder if we will see it on the zx6r?
By a remarkable coincidence, "Zorak" is in fact the name of my 2012 green Ninja.
Numbersix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #164
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

It is a little shocking to me that they picked the colors they did for 2012. I must say I'm glad I have my 09' SE and certainly will never get rid of it for a newer 250 or any other bike for that matter. I will eventually get a bigger bike... but I won't get rid of my 250R for nothin

I personally don't care about FI... but since it's already out there... couldn't those of you that really want it just buy the parts... import them and add them to your bike? I mean if it's that important to you... I know it could be done... just sayin
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2011, 06:26 PM   #165
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Even if there's no "R", I would still put a "250R" sticker on it. might as well add 10hp if you can
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #166
Bristecom
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): None

Yeah, Kawasaki will no doubt lose money this time around. They've increased the price $1000 over the original MSRP, included crappier tires compared to the original (IRC vs Bridgestones), and offer uglier colors/designs. And now that they have competition from Honda which offers an EFI bike for $500 less, the Ninja just isn't the no-brainer that it was in 2008.

But yeah, I don't understand American designers... Why do they always assume we want stupid little graphics and bling on our cars and bikes? There are plenty of places around that can do custom paint jobs or decals for cheap. You simply can't go wrong with solid colors (Black, White, Red, Green, and Blue).

Anyway, I'll be looking for a 2010 or used Ninja over this. Like hell I'm going to pay that much for an ugly 2012 model...
Bristecom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #167
Heed

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Less R, more money, and ugly decals.

What the hell, Kawasaki.

I really wish they offered solid colors. Where's the blue and white?

Apparently, there are no 2011's left at any local dealers. I have to say, I love the Candy Lime Green -- it looks very grabby, but there's no way I'm paying an additional $449 for a bike that is virtually the same model as the previous year.

If the Honda CBR250R, at $3999, looked as good as the newGen Ninjettes, Kawasaki would be running for it's money.

Old September 26th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #168
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Kawasaki put the R back on the name!! it's the ninja 250R again!

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Pro...?scid=6&id=553
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 26th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #169
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
If it matters to anyone, I once heard the more R's that are on a bikes name...the higher the insurance rate. I'm not sure if it's true. It does make a bit sense though. So even though the price is higher, you could possible get that money back or even profit!

Old September 26th, 2011, 05:11 PM   #170
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjpass View Post
If it matters to anyone, I once heard the more R's that are on a bikes name...the higher the insurance rate. I'm not sure if it's true. It does make a bit sense though. So even though the price is higher, you could possible get that money back or even profit!
if that is true, that is dumb...

i have also been told that when i buy my ninja, to not tell the insurance company that the bike is a 'ninja 250r' instead, say it's a EX250

also, if it makes any difference, tell your insurance company that it is a 249 cc, not 250.

EDIT: oh lol they brought the 'R' Back.

Old September 26th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #171
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heed View Post
if that is true, that is dumb...

i have also been told that when i buy my ninja, to not tell the insurance company that the bike is a 'ninja 250r' instead, say it's a EX250

also, if it makes any difference, tell your insurance company that it is a 249 cc, not 250.

EDIT: oh lol they brought the 'R' Back.
Really? Okay. Also...it's 248 CC's

Old September 27th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #172
nit8690
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r soon

Quote:
Anyone else disappointed in the graphics? :/

I think they're ugly, but they should be optional -- at least offer a solid black color.

How can Kawasaki not give the $4449 '12 fuel injection while the CBR250R (MSRP $3999) is fuel injected as standard?
Its hondas way of trying to beat kawasaki. they only have 1 cylinder so they dont have to put 2 pistons rods etc. thats why they can afford to do it lol jk Idk. I was really hoping that the cbr250r being FI would push kawasaki into going FI. I mean dont get me wrong I will take a ninja 250r over the cbr250r any day but there are some things on the honda that kawasaki needs to copy FI being the 1st. second a better intrument cluster. the ninjas looks kinda cheap, I did like hondas. but I think if kawasaki doesnt pull it together next year they will get hit with more people buying the honda. they have had the monopoly in this catagory for 20 years I am sure they think that the cbr250 will flop and they will stop producing it. from what I read the cbr is more of a super beginers bike. its like the military idiot proof lol the ninja takes more skill to ride from what every magazine article says haha but still the ninja 250r is way easy to ride. but again I think honda will put a big push on kawasaki and they will be forced to change. who knows maybe they will put FI in the 2012s mid year, doubtful but I can dream of having my FI ninja haha, but for sure it wont be to long before they put it in on their own or C.A.R.B. will force them too...and then the ninja 250 will be 6k base price I hope not but it might be.

Old September 27th, 2011, 11:25 AM   #173
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nit8690 View Post
Its hondas way of trying to beat kawasaki. they only have 1 cylinder so they dont have to put 2 pistons rods etc. thats why they can afford to do it lol jk Idk. I was really hoping that the cbr250r being FI would push kawasaki into going FI. I mean dont get me wrong I will take a ninja 250r over the cbr250r any day but there are some things on the honda that kawasaki needs to copy FI being the 1st. second a better intrument cluster. the ninjas looks kinda cheap, I did like hondas. but I think if kawasaki doesnt pull it together next year they will get hit with more people buying the honda. they have had the monopoly in this catagory for 20 years I am sure they think that the cbr250 will flop and they will stop producing it. from what I read the cbr is more of a super beginers bike. its like the military idiot proof lol the ninja takes more skill to ride from what every magazine article says haha but still the ninja 250r is way easy to ride. but again I think honda will put a big push on kawasaki and they will be forced to change. who knows maybe they will put FI in the 2012s mid year, doubtful but I can dream of having my FI ninja haha, but for sure it wont be to long before they put it in on their own or C.A.R.B. will force them too...and then the ninja 250 will be 6k base price I hope not but it might be.
You do know that some Ninja 250r's have fuel injection right? Like mine. They all come that way in England.

The instrument panel doesn't look that fancy, but I quite like it - it does the trick! I do actually find it a bit difficult to focus on the needles sometimes though. The needles should stand out more.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #174
Heed

here's some real pictures of the '12 red/white stripe.

not sure if i like it or not. but they should offer solid colors regardless

Old September 27th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #175
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

I would take off the stripes.... than the red and black wouldn't look too bad together.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #176
Art Vandelay
ninjette.org member

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): '07

Quote:
It doesn't matter what you tell them; they look it up based on the VIN.
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #177
LoneRonin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
I would take off the stripes.... than the red and black wouldn't look too bad together.
exactly what I was thinking...I still like my solid red better though.
LoneRonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2011, 01:01 PM   #178
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

Quote:

I like this scheme. Looks kinda GPZ-ish

Old September 27th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #179
Heed

i still like the puke green. it looks kind of obnoxious though and i think it would look better on a bigger bike like the ZX6 or ZX10 or even the 650r

i had a weird dream last night, i bought one, was riding at night time and i couldn't see the road. so i missed a turn, and fell off a hill and the only damage was the left mirror broke loll

Old September 27th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #180
headshrink

I really like that green, but I agree.... it did look better when they had that green on the 650r (2010?). The 250r is probably better with the old Kawi Lime Green.

Old November 6th, 2011, 02:20 AM   #181
paulforaname
ninjette.org member

Name: Paulie

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

they should use the same scheme as the 600 etc with black and flat black, that looks awesome.. dont go for the decals, makes look cheap and feminine..JMO
paulforaname is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 6th, 2011, 02:29 AM   #182
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
I wonder why they released the 2012 bikes in 2011?

Old November 6th, 2011, 05:05 AM   #183
n4mwd

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Just so they can beat the other manufacturers to the punch. If all the other manufacturers are selling 2011's, but Kawi is selling 2012's, which one are you going to buy - assuming you didn't already have a preference for Kawi.

Old November 6th, 2011, 05:40 AM   #184
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
I'd buy which ever one I preferred. They're all new.

Old November 6th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #185
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
I know that at least with cars it's common in North America for the next year's model to start appearing in dealer showrooms starting 3rd quarter of the current calendar year. Why? Television sweepstakes. A lot of marketing and advertising opportunities when you coordinate your sales launch with the launch of new television series or season premieres in late September and into October. It's no coincidence that the TV networks launch their biggest shows before and leading up to the holiday season.

Now you probably won't see commercials for the Ninja 250r on your favourite television series but companies traditionally don't like releasing new products or models right after the new year. Consumers are fatigued and all spent.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 6th, 2011, 03:06 PM   #186
headshrink

^^agreed^^

In past years I thought it was torture, and a test of patients, waiting for the new MC models to come out. This is because I've come to expect new models the year before, like cars. After the 250r was redesigned in 2008, I liked watching for the next new-gen release, but we wouldn't get them here until around February of that model year. I don't know if this was mainly just a 250r thing, since they were in limited supply, because this was the first time I really paid attention to MCs.

It was difficult finding a 650r at the dealer down the street though, although they always said they were expecting one "next week." Maybe they got it and sold it immediately, maybe they lied, who knows. They aren't around any more. The dealer across town had a few 650r when I went though.... at least I know I can get them around here.

Old November 6th, 2011, 04:28 PM   #187
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjpass View Post
Explain how someone could profit from it.

Old November 6th, 2011, 04:34 PM   #188
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Quote:

I like this color scheme a bit but also hate it. The white stripe is killing it.
The only thing cool about the white stripe is being able to add a white tank pad without it looking out of place.
I'd prefer a solid red or something similar to the 2011 green/ebony SE with the red replacing the green. That would look sweet.

Old November 6th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #189
jrrob101
PhotoG

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 '10, ZX6R '12

Have to agree with everyone else about the sticker. Otherwise the red looks very nice
jrrob101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 6th, 2011, 05:03 PM   #190
streetracer744
Ninja ZX-5R

Name: Dino

Motorcycle(s): Ninja

are they not the same bike w/differemt colors?...whats changed on them they look the same to me

Old November 7th, 2011, 01:50 AM   #191
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Green_Demon View Post
I like this color scheme a bit but also hate it. The white stripe is killing it.
The only thing cool about the white stripe is being able to add a white tank pad without it looking out of place.
I'd prefer a solid red or something similar to the 2011 green/ebony SE with the red replacing the green. That would look sweet.
Maybe they were going for a Starsky and Hutch look.

Old November 9th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #192
Vitamin-E
Cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

Name: Elliott

Motorcycle(s): 2005 YZF-R6, 2008 Ninja ZX2.5R

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big mike View Post
what does it mean when there's no "R"?
Its a weight savings

Old November 10th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #193
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin-E View Post
Its a weight savings
^ lol

Old April 11th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #194
ARc
Revolver Wario

Name: Jeffrey

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250

Logo Dude
I finally get a job and am able to upgrade from an old Ninja, and Kawasaki decides not to release white this year.

Seriously considering waiting until they release next years colors, lol.

Old April 11th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #195
headshrink

You could buy a used white one and save $$ (can't recall if that was 2010 or 2011). Buying used MAY even keep your insurance cost down.

Old April 11th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #196
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober View Post
Picked it up 1 week ago. This is a first 2012 the dealer had and they thought it was 2011 until they ran the VIN for financing.
Did that translate into any kind of savings on your part? I think MSRP stayed the same this year.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #197
headshrink

I love that green!

Old April 11th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #198
n4mwd

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
I love that green!
WAY better than the previous green.

Old April 11th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #199
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepoy005 View Post
Hey guys the 2012 ninja 250 is actually out in the kawasaki website. Yep you got that right "NINJA 250!" THERE IS NO "R"...

Go check it out!

I'm definitely going to buy the black paint scheme when it comes out!
I just wanted to point out that the "R" was restored at some point, even on the website. I remember checking the Kawasaki website when I first saw this post and there was a "2012 Ninja 250" and definitely no "R" but clicking "previous year product" would show a "2011 Ninja 250R."
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2012, 07:01 AM   #200
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
WAY better than the previous green.
It does look good, but the old lime green has a long and proud history. It has been THE Kawasaki color for decades. It's tradition.

A year ago, on the program "Twist the Throttle," they told the story of that color. It came about as a thumbing of the nose at other companies... green is supposedly bad luck at the race track. So K painted their bikes the loudest, rudest green they could. They even gave the formula for the paint on the show (x parts yellow to y parts blue, don't remember the numbers).

Kawasaki IS Team Green, and that's the color. None other.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote