Notices

Old December 22nd, 2010, 04:13 AM   #1
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Places to Buy Gear Online

Following is a list of gear sites including comments from members, my own personal experience and opinions from research regarding key site features, shipping costs and customer service policies. This is a work in progress, so please post opinions based on your experiences or what makes the site special. As Alex points out below, there is another thread focusing on parts sites, and including gear sites HERE. I'll regularly update this op to incorporate member comment and suggested vendors.

NewEnough.com/MotorcycleGear.com: Recently changed name from NewEnough to MotorcycleGear. Same family run business with great reputation for service. Good sales on tons of closeout items, and unlike some others the closeouts aren't ever factory seconds. Best return policies around - no questions asked and they pay for return shipping, even on closeout items, if you are exchanging/getting store credit. Have online chat, and actually respond to email. Free shipping over $89, standard shipping $9. No extra costs/delays for military orders. Verdict: The kind of place you can feel good supporting and make your goto vendor.

Revzilla: Great home-made gear videos makes this a good site for research. Reputation for customer service, including near perfect reviews on business rating sites. A good selection, including some higher-end gear you sometimes don't find on the megasites. Free shipping for orders over $40 (only for continental U.S.), otherwise $7.50. Price match guarantee and a customer loyalty program. Return practices get good reviews in practice, and customer service is lauded, but for non-store credit returns they only refund you 90% cash, other 10% in store credit -- a bad policy, and you pay shipping. Verdict: Great place to buy and research gear, among the best. Would be best option if not for meh returns policy. (EDIT: They do now offer 100% refund to the original payment method (except for wire transfer or check, but really, 99.99% are going to be using a credit card for an online purchase).

Bike Bandit: Good selection of gear, and easy to use filters make it simple to find what you need. (Has lots of parts in addition to gear, and allows you to search by motorcycle.) Really friendly site with cool Q&A feature to get quick feedback on products and live customer service chat. Have a best price guarantee. Nice videos for some products. Near 100% ratings at busines review sites and an AMA supporter. Shipping $7 for orders $20 and under, $9 for orders over $20, no free shipping. Will not reliably ship to military addresses, but provides no information when they can or can't (it depends on the manufacturer, as Bike Bandit usually does not ship themselves.) Because they rely on third parties for their inventory and shipping, they are not as reliable as some. OEM returns are tricky, but for gear, just need to report the return in your online account - you pay shipping. Verdict: Easy place to shop with customer friendly features, only lack of free shipping and lack of control over shipping (including being non-military friendly) keeps them from being one of the top couple of options. As it stands, only a

Motorcycle Superstore: Huge selection and very useful user reviews, good customer service and return policies. Lowest price guarantee. Videos for many products and good filters that allow easy selection of gear. Generous return policy, but you pay shipping. A nice live chat customer service feature. Free shipping over $89, for under shipping only $7. $10 additional shipping for military, Alaska and Hawaii regardless of order size, and will send to military via parcel post (i.e. the slow boat to China.) Verdict: IMHO, one of the best vendors, provided you aren't military.

Sportbike Track Gear (STG): Sportbike focused site, with useful selection tool filtering by bike model. Nice product videos are very useful for research. A great military buyer discount, without extra shipping charges to overseas military addresses (unlike Motorcycle Superstore, Iron Pony, etc.) Orders over $150 ship free. Standard shipping $10. Decent returns reputation, but you pay for shipping and have to get pre-authorization to return an item. Verdict: A must visit for the great videos as you do your research, and a good option for purchase (especially for military), even though shipping and return policies don't match the best.

JakeWilson.com: Professional operation, with quality customer service and quick turnaround on orders. An enourmous selection of items not limited to gear, so large in fact that it is sometimes hard to navigate the site. Have a frequent buyer program. Free shipping over $99, other orders $7. Extra fees for Alaska and Hawaii. Prior authorization required for returns, and a 30 day time limit but they pay the shipping if the reason is bad fit. Verdict: Thumbs up for the low shipping costs and fit guarantee, and prices seem good too. Too bad site is a bit awkward. Definately one to put into your favorites.

Competition Accessories: Some really good closeout and sale deals at this outlet-style site.

Helmet Express: Helmets only site, great selection with really detailed descriptions.

Rider's Discount: Huge selection, among largest. Ships internationally. Price matching policy and customer service that understands sizing peculiarities of brands.

Dennis Kirk: Coming soon.

Motorcycle Closeouts: Coming soon.

Helmet City: More than just helmets, with a decent selection of other gear. Free shipping regardless of order size is best shipping policy anywhere. Will ship to military at no extra cost. 30 day return policy no questions asked, but customer pays shipping and no returns on clearance items. Despite helmet focus, prices seems to lag a bit behind Motorcycle Superstore on helmets. Low price guarantee takes care of that, but you have to work for it. Verdict: Great free shipping, but meh return policies and so-so pricing. A fine choice that could offer the best price on low cost items (when others charge shipping), and best prices if you comparison shop and use guarantee, but not top tier.

Knee Draggers: Easy to navigate sight with good selection. Has a price match guarantee -- sort of. They reserve right to not match if they don't feel like it. Umm, that isn't a guarantee. That said, prices are good - I could have saved about $20 bucks on a $130 order I just made with Motorcycle Superstore. Ouch. Customer pays shipping on returns, with a 21 day time limit, and no returns of any sale items. No clear explanation of shipping costs except free over $99 (except military, Alaska, Hawaii) and direction to put something into your cart and see what happens. Boo. Online customer service chat wasn't working two times I tried. Outstanding ratings with business review sites, and good personal experience with quick, accurate order at fair price. Just cancelled their rider rewards program for 2011. Verdict: Return and shipping policies aren't up to par, but selection, prices and reputation are.

More Power Racing: Free shipping for any size order and low price guarantee. Unlike some others (cough, helmetcity, cough), prices already good so you may not need to use the guarantee to get them. Has gear, also tons of parts. Site navigation a bit awkward, without good filtering of results -- you end up needing to shop by brand (a pet peeve.) Return policies are bad. They charge a restocking fee, you pay shipping (and you don't get free shipping if you exchange), you have to get preauthorization and there is a 30 day limit. Verdict: Free shipping and good prices a great combo for the wallet, but site navigation and awful returns policy will keep me away.

Extreme Supply: Another good closeout deals site, with a price match policy. Located in SoCal, so if you are even using free shipping, quick turnaround on orders. Free shipping over $100, $13 or $8 standard shipping depending on size of item, $35 for Alaska/Hawaii. Restrictive return policy requires 5 day or 15 day action from you, depending on reason for return, and preauthorization before you pay to ship the product back. Verdict: Other sites have better shipping and return policies, but it is worth checking their closeouts and prices, especially if you live in Cali.

Cycle Gear: Cycle Gear's selection is good, backed up by retail stores in CA - a huge convenience if you are nearby. They have free shipping over $69, $6.99 shipping for orders under $69, the best out there. They're a Dainese authorized retailer, a big plus. Site navigation can be clunky, but they list what's in stock and what's not. They've got a no hassle return policy, though you pay shipping, and don't charge restocking fees. Only real issue is that, despite 10% military discount, they don't support those serving overseas -- foreign IP addresses are blocked from ordering online. Would be a , but lack of support for troops and others serving overseas downgrades to a

Iron Pony: Big eBay merchant that also has this e-storefront. Great prices on closeout items, and they do well at bulk ordering these closeouts on gear you don't find everywhere. However, they don't accept returns on their sale items. Shipping is $9, free over $100, but there is a $20 fee added to military, hawaii or alaska addresses (boo!). Verdict: In most cases, better to stick with New Enough or other site with better customer service and shipping policies, but if you are in the continental US and are willing to risk inabilty to return, they have good sales.

Ridegear: A spinoff of cruisercustomizing.com focused on sportbikes, with a nice "shop by bike model" feature. Lots of focus on parts, but much gear, too. Shipping $9 for orders under $75, though they advertise free shipping on all orders. (The $9 is for "handling." *cough* bullcrap *cough*.) I couldn't find mention of extra charges for military shipping, but in checkout - deep in the process - there was an extra shipping charge. Good return policy, a longish 90 day time limit, fill out a form with no questions asked, but you pay shipping. Have a price match guarantee, but a page full of small print of exceptions, including "we reserve the right to cancel the order." (*cough* bullcrap *cough*.) Privacy policy: "Customer information is considered to be an asset of RideGear." In researching the reputation of the site, ran across glowing reviews from customer "Kyle B." Oddly enough, the company's community director is named Kyle Bradshaw. Nice ethics, buddy. Verdict: IMHO, not a good choice with so many honest, customer focused sites out there. I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

Last futzed with by gfloyd2002; January 12th, 2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Updated for new name of NewEnough, and for updated CycleGear review - Thanks CThunder-blue!
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2010, 07:49 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Now that you mention it, we do have this sticky thread up in the Marketplace section that lists just about every parts and gear store out there, but that one did start more focused on parts and morphed to gear.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2010, 08:39 AM   #3
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Doh! I didn't think to look in parts thread for gear links. I'll go through that thread and collect the gear-focused shopping sites and move to op, including a link to the other collection. What do you think about a sticky here to help the folks that head into this section for gear advice?

Old December 22nd, 2010, 09:28 AM   #4
ruben5
ninjette.org member

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Triumph Street Triple R, 2004 Ninja 250

Props to newenough

I ordered a pair of riding pants from these guys only to discover a week later the pants went on sale for about $50 less. I called them and the CSR got my credit card credited for the difference. Great way to gain a loyal customer!!
ruben5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2010, 05:42 PM   #5
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

sportbiketrackgear.com is also a great place to get gear (they also have video reviews).

I like newenough they have the best customer service and return policy out of any online store I have dealt with. Feels good to order something and not feel like you are going to be stuck with it if you so much as breathe on the box.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2010, 05:46 PM   #6
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
sportbiketrackgear.com is also a great place to get gear (they also have video reviews).

I like newenough they have the best customer service and return policy out of any online store I have dealt with. Feels good to order something and not feel like you are going to be stuck with it if you so much as breathe on the box.
Added STG to Op. Nice videos useful for research.

Old December 22nd, 2010, 07:34 PM   #7
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

/stickied

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old December 23rd, 2010, 06:03 PM   #8
lumi
ninjette.org member

Name: Lumi

Motorcycle(s): 06 Ninja 250

Iron Pony (www.ironpony.com) occasionally has very cheap closeouts on gear. I got my MotoGP leather jacket at 85% off. There were no problems with ordering, payment or delivery, so I have no idea about customer service other than that my transaction went smoothly.
lumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 23rd, 2010, 06:59 PM   #9
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
No promises, but over this 4 day weekend (the former colonies here get boxing day off, too ), I may add standard shipping costs to each of the sites in the OP. Might also put in the return policies, and try to standardize the info given.

Old December 23rd, 2010, 07:10 PM   #10
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Extreme Supply has fantastic prices on closeout gear and will price match if you can find it cheaper. On a plus side for anyone in SoCal, they're located around Long Beach, so even using free shipping, I consistently receive my orders within 2 days of placing them.

There's also JakeWilson.com. I've never actually used their street half, but I've recently started frequenting their dirt section: RockyMountainATVMC.com. They've consistently had great prices and fast service for me. I can't imagine their service differs much between their dirt and street stores.

Oh, and while it's already been mentioned, I also adore STG. Incredibly useful site and they often have really nice sales

I've also used and been pleased with:
Cycle Gear (Of course. Although I use the physical store much more than I do the online site. Returning stuff in store is pleasantly effortless, but I've yet to have to online)
Motosport.com

And I don't have any personal experience with them, but there's also:
Kneedraggers.com
Revzilla.com
Bikebandit.com (I've heard these guys are slow though, but I don't know)

Fortunately (Or perhaps UNfortunately), I've yet to have a problem at any of these places, so I don't know how their customer service would hold up under difficulty.
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 23rd, 2010, 07:34 PM   #11
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Thanks for the contributions and commentary, Zombiphone. I'll add these to OP in the morning after clicking around on them a bit.

*Extreme Supply sounds great. I'm excited to try them out.
*Cyclegear seems expensive to me, only thing I bought from them (my old helmet), I had a DOH! moment, when I found it for $20 cheaper just about everywhere else. I'll confirm with a quick spot check. That said, convenience of brick and mortar store to backup online shopping is convenient for sure.
*I've had good experiences with kneedraggers, can't believe I forgot to mention them.

Old December 23rd, 2010, 07:54 PM   #12
rceezy
Lean Me

Name: RC

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Great thread! Subscribed. I need to find a place to buy some new riding boots for next season.
rceezy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 23rd, 2010, 10:24 PM   #13
tiburonsita
ninjette.org member

Name: m

Motorcycle(s): 2009 black Ninja 250R

I've recently found and ordered from http://www.GPScity.com They have videos for their products(at least very single one I was looking at) and how to install them. I found it highly useful.
tiburonsita is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 24th, 2010, 04:13 AM   #14
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiburonsita View Post
I've recently found and ordered from http://www.GPScity.com They have videos for their products(at least very single one I was looking at) and how to install them. I found it highly useful.
I got my garmin there, too! Great site, but I think I'll leave this down here and focus the op on motorcycle specific sites. There are already too many of those to catch them all. :P

Old December 27th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #15
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Updated with Revzilla, which got review, and RideGear, the worst site yet, earning the first review. Short version, use Revzilla, don't use RideGear.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake

Last futzed with by gfloyd2002; December 27th, 2010 at 05:43 PM.

Old December 27th, 2010, 04:52 PM   #16
SaintJPN
ninjette.org member

Name: Saint

Motorcycle(s): 2009 KAW Ninja250r

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/

If they have what I'm looking for I definitely buy it from here first. Super great customer service and military friendly. I've dropped at least $2,000 so far and never had any problems with them or the quality of their products they sell.

I have had problems with the mcsuperstore for shipping. They ship the slowest possible method of mail when shipping to FPO addresses but charge you the price of Priority. Sounds ok but not when you have to wait 2 to 3 months to get your merchandise. Parcell Post = Space Available Mail SAM.

It's really hard to find a dealer that ships to FPO and when you do find one they usually ask for your first born for extra shipping charges. Shipping charges to an FPO are exactlly the same as shipping from anywhere in the US to California.
SaintJPN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 27th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #17
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintJPN View Post
http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/

If they have what I'm looking for I definitely buy it from here first. Super great customer service and military friendly. I've dropped at least $2,000 so far and never had any problems with them or the quality of their products they sell.

I have had problems with the mcsuperstore for shipping. They ship the slowest possible method of mail when shipping to FPO addresses but charge you the price of Priority. Sounds ok but not when you have to wait 2 to 3 months to get your merchandise. Parcell Post = Space Available Mail SAM.

It's really hard to find a dealer that ships to FPO and when you do find one they usually ask for your first born for extra shipping charges. Shipping charges to an FPO are exactlly the same as shipping from anywhere in the US to California.
Thanks, I'll check them out and post a review. Extra fees for military is a pet peeve of mine, not only because I have an APO address, but in general for treatment of our soldiers. APO/FPO is a domestic US address, with a domestic zip code and - for the shipper's purposes - a domestic delivery point. It is the military that handles the shipping from there. So why the extra fees? Where is the love? :P

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake

Old December 27th, 2010, 05:48 PM   #18
SaintJPN
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
Thanks, I'll check them out and post a review. Extra fees for military is a pet peeve of mine, not only because I have an APO address, but in general for treatment of our soldiers. APO/FPO is a domestic US address, with a domestic zip code and - for the shipper's purposes - a domestic delivery point. It is the military that handles the shipping from there. So why the extra fees? Where is the love? :P
Exactlly! It's all about companies using Fed Ex because they will pick up their boxes at their location so no one has to drive to the post office to ship something out even though the USPS does offer easy service by being able to print shipping labels out of your office. The companies I have talked to that don't offer shipping to FPO/APO's anymore is due to complaints about customers not receiving their goods. Answer to that is mandatory Priority shipping only offered. Both parties win. The USPS also offers special flat rate boxes that ship to FPO/APO addresses only that are cheaper than normal prices. If your local post office doesn't have any of theses boxes and you request them, then they have to order them for you. No excuses.

Old December 27th, 2010, 07:28 PM   #19
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintJPN View Post
Exactlly! It's all about companies using Fed Ex because they will pick up their boxes at their location so no one has to drive to the post office to ship something out even though the USPS does offer easy service by being able to print shipping labels out of your office. The companies I have talked to that don't offer shipping to FPO/APO's anymore is due to complaints about customers not receiving their goods. Answer to that is mandatory Priority shipping only offered. Both parties win. The USPS also offers special flat rate boxes that ship to FPO/APO addresses only that are cheaper than normal prices. If your local post office doesn't have any of theses boxes and you request them, then they have to order them for you. No excuses.
Saint, though you may not have much left to buy if you are 2 grand into purchases, you may want to think about Sportbike Track Gear's Military Discount Program. Cash discounts and good shipping are as military friendly as it gets.

Motorcycle Closeouts seems military friendly on shipping, too, and certainly has done well for you, but a quick look at their customer service policies creates some potential for problems -- 10% charge for returns, 24 hour time limit on returns for items received damaged, $5 service charge for phone orders, etc.

Old December 27th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #20
SaintJPN
ninjette.org member

Yeah, that's for restocking. They'll replace an item with no problems if somethings wrong with it or give you store credit if you like. If you ordered something you decided you don't want anymore because you found something different somewhere else then you'll be charged a slight fee. The owner, who I've talked to via email a good amount, is a good guy and very reasonable. He's easy to contact and if you tell him what's going on, he listens and tries to help out. The reason for the policy is because he's been burned pretty big in the past. I've had to order a new jacket and pants + an air cage due to a crash and told him I didn't care how much the shipping costs but if he could send the air cage asap and he sent everything Priority individually will no charge to me and everything got to me in Japan within 4 -6 days. For my situation being overseas this works for me. For someone that lives stateside maybe somewhere else is better. I enjoy repete business with someone that works with me and is willing to help me in my time of need.

Old January 6th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #21
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Updated for review of Knee Draggers, which got an

Also soliciting input for Cycle Gear, since I'm unable to access site from foreign IP address. Looking for info on shipping costs, return policies, and general impressions of site navigation, prices and selction.

Old January 7th, 2011, 08:53 AM   #22
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Updated for review of Knee Draggers, which got an

Also soliciting input for Cycle Gear, since I'm unable to access site from foreign IP address. Looking for info on shipping costs, return policies, and general impressions of site navigation, prices and selction.
Cycle Gear's selection is good, with many retail stores in CA. They have free shipping over $69, which is the lowest minimum I've seen so far. $6.99 shipping for orders under $69. They're a Dainese authorized retailer which is great for getting high end gear and they even stock some of it. I ordered my Dainese Shift shoes and got them quickly. I like the fact that they list what's in stock and what's not. I haven't had to return anything yet, so I don't know how difficult it is to return stuff. Here's what they have on their website regarding returns:

Quote:
Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee always beats a manufacturer's warranty! We are proud to sell only the finest products available. If anything you purchase from us fails to perform up to your expectations, we will quickly replace the product or refund your purchase, and you'll never pay a restocking fee. It's that simple.

If there is a defect with a product purchased from Cycle Gear, we'll never send you to the manufacturer. You don't even need to know what the manufacturer's warranty is - if the item is defective, we'll hassle with the manufacturer. Just return the product to one of our retail stores or to cyclegear.com, where your 100% SATISFACTION IS GUARANTEED, and we'll do the rest.
They also have a helmet return policy:
Quote:
No Hassle 7-Day Helmet Exchange

New street helmets may be exchanged for another helmet of any value provided the returned helmet is in new and unused condition with all of it's original packaging and accessories. In order to protect our customers, helmets exchanged under this program may not be ridden in, dirty, scuffed, chipped or damaged in any way.

So, try one out. Wear it around the house, watch old race videos, eat dinner in it (try to avoid pasta!) and if you just don't like it, bring it back! If your helmet was purchased online, we'll pay your return shipping charges for one exchange, as long as it's just for a different size (must be the same make, model and color).

This 7-Day period begins on the date when delivery of your new helmet to the shipping address in your order is confirmed. If you make your purchase in a store, the 7-Day period begins on the date of purchase.
They don't have a restocking fee which is really cool. It looks like to return something, you just print out their pdf form and mail that in with your return. Seems pretty simple.

They also give a military discount of 10%!

Their in-house brand, Frank Thomas, gear seems to be made of high quality materials and workmanship as well. I rarely buy from them only because I have to pay taxes when I do. The upside to living so close to them is that I get to go to their annual warehouse clearance sale .

The only thing I really don't like is their website navigation. It's very clunky. They don't have separate categories for different gear. You click on M's Dainese and you get everything from jackets to boots. If you click on just Jackets & Vests, you only get those, but then you get all the brands mashed together. You're not able to exclude brands or only see certain gear for a certain brand.

Other than that, they're a good retailer. I would give them a due to poor website design.
CThunder-blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 7th, 2011, 05:44 PM   #23
mrlmd
ninjette.org sage

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Suzuki S50, 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F, 1990 Honda PC800, 2000 Yamaha TW200

Don't forget Leatherup.com - I've bought a few jackets. pants. gloves, and boots there, and the quality is pretty good and the prices are very reasonable, inexpensive compared to other places. They have all kinds of accessories too, like saddlebags, tank bags, etc.
And shipping is quick.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 7th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #24
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
They also give a military discount of 10%!
Speaking as someone serving their country overseas, I might suggest that if they really want to help out folks in the military, they might try NOT BLOCKING non-U.S. web addresses! Heck, they could give a 100% discount to people serving overseas and it wouldn't matter much since we can't access the freakin site. (Well, I suppose we could use secure U.S. IP address we have access to, but some of us actually have to work from work.)

Thanks for the detailed review, Blue! I'll add it to the op.

Old January 9th, 2011, 09:43 AM   #25
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Have you tried contacting them via phone or internet in regards to overseas IP's? Also, they are a site sponsor on http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/ <- just scroll down to the Promotions subforum and you'll see them as CycleGearSJ. That may be a good alternative to phone since they're always on there.

Old January 9th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #26
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Have you tried contacting them via phone or internet in regards to overseas IP's? Also, they are a site sponsor on http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/ <- just scroll down to the Promotions subforum and you'll see them as CycleGearSJ. That may be a good alternative to phone since they're always on there.
Thanks, I'll let them know through BARF. (Can't really get to them via internet directly . . .) Honestly though, NewEnough is a great alternative that I don't have to harp on to be military friendly.

Old January 10th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #27
Cuongism
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

My local Cycle Gear has great customer service and apparently they truly honor their 100% satisfaction guarantee. When I was shopping leather suits, his suggestion to me was to go try one out and bring it back if I don't like it, no questions asked.

They also have great sales during holidays and it's generally % off sales which I prefer over certain items going on sale (I rather have the choice of getting a discount on something I want). They had a 20% off sale last weekend and I got a Shoei RF1100 for $375 (originally $529) and a Dainese jacket for $220. They also mail out discount cards monthly (ie I currently have a 15% off card for one item).

Best thing is I get to try on the gear vs seeing it online.
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2011, 09:05 AM   #28
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Quote:
Thanks, I'll let them know through BARF. (Can't really get to them via internet directly . . .) Honestly though, NewEnough is a great alternative that I don't have to harp on to be military friendly.
Yeah, New Enough is good, but they don't always carry the brands I'm looking for. As a matter of fact, I haven't really found a good shop that carries most of the brands.

Old February 21st, 2011, 11:57 PM   #29
SaintJPN
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Saint, though you may not have much left to buy if you are 2 grand into purchases, you may want to think about Sportbike Track Gear's Military Discount Program. Cash discounts and good shipping are as military friendly as it gets.

Motorcycle Closeouts seems military friendly on shipping, too, and certainly has done well for you, but a quick look at their customer service policies creates some potential for problems -- 10% charge for returns, 24 hour time limit on returns for items received damaged, $5 service charge for phone orders, etc.
It's starting rainy season here in Japan soon so I was cruising the sites cause I wanted a pair of the Fieldsheer overglove 2.0 and against my word... I went and made a purchase from the store formerly known as newenough and picked up the overgloves, some overboot covers and bargain basement textile jacket ($50) with armor and it's waterproof. I had to pay $20 in shipping but hey...there's a big heavy jacket in that box too and you know the USPS wants it's cut of the money.

I think I've got 3 jackets now all with ce approved armor, 2 pants with ce armor, 1 pair of boots soon to be 2 after another order, 5 pairs of gloves all ranging from summer gloves to coldweather rain gloves, helmet, airframe cage for those blistering hot summer days. riding with wet gloves is like walking in wet socks...they both suck.

Old March 7th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #30
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Tried doing a price match on Kneedraggers.com. So much for their customer service. They were supposed to respond within 24 hours. I never heard back from them. They also seem to have poor reviews from other forums.

I ordered my Driven 15T from www.fatbikez.com and was able to use the coupon code "ship4free" and got free shipping. They shipped quickly, but no communication at all, even after I emailed them for an update. Not sure how I feel about the customer service on that one. Not exactly a gear store, but this thread should include parts stores as well.

Old May 31st, 2011, 04:17 PM   #31
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Tried doing a price match on Kneedraggers.com. So much for their customer service. They were supposed to respond within 24 hours. I never heard back from them. They also seem to have poor reviews from other forums.

I ordered my Driven 15T from www.fatbikez.com and was able to use the coupon code "ship4free" and got free shipping. They shipped quickly, but no communication at all, even after I emailed them for an update. Not sure how I feel about the customer service on that one. Not exactly a gear store, but this thread should include parts stores as well.
I'm hearing lots of negatives about fatbikez.com. Seems like a flakey outfit. Buyer beware.

Old June 1st, 2011, 03:26 AM   #32
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I ordered from D2MOTO recently. The 40% off everything coupon code still works (WS40). Their selection is limited and they are out of stock of a lot of things (integrated tail light ) but what they do have is cheap (grips, gloves, chains, etc).
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2011, 08:52 AM   #33
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Working to update Bike Bandit review to following - will need Alex assistance due to inability to edit original post (age of post):

Bike Bandit: Good selection of gear, and easy to use filters make it simple to find what you need. (Has lots of parts in addition to gear, and allows you to search by motorcycle.) Really friendly site with cool Q&A feature to get quick feedback on products and live customer service chat. Have a best price guarantee. Nice videos for some products. Near 100% ratings at busines review sites and an AMA supporter. Shipping $7 for orders $20 and under, $9 for orders over $20, no free shipping. Will not reliably ship to military addresses, but provides no information when they can or can't (it depends on the manufacturer, as Bike Bandit usually does not ship themselves.) Because they rely on third parties for their inventory and shipping, they are not as reliable as some. OEM returns are tricky, but for gear, just need to report the return in your online account - you pay shipping. Verdict: Easy place to shop with customer friendly features, only lack of free shipping and lack of control over shipping (including being non-military friendly) keeps them from being one of the top couple of options. As it stands, only a

I also have a new Dennis Kirk review I'd like to add there . . .

Old June 14th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #34
Alex
ninjette.org dude

/edited

Old June 14th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #35
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

+ 1 for Riders Discount especially for us Canucks north of the 49. Free shipping on any sized order. They ship USPS or DHL Global mail so no brokerage fees on arrival. Just pay tax and a $5 handling fee to the mail man. Customer service is also good and eager to help. They will also price match no hassles. Just send them a link to the item at a cheaper price as long as it is the same style, size and in stock. Even though the other online vendor would charge shipping to Canada, Riders Discount still price matched my items.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2011, 01:50 AM   #36
ako
ninjette.org member

Name: Mick

Motorcycle(s): EX250-H

I have used BTOsports quite a bit ( www.btosports.com ).

They do free shipping on international orders at the moment (over $800).

Just checked and the group orders I have done over the last 2 years are over $10,000 worth
ako is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2011, 04:38 AM   #37
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
I'll add some new reviews over the weekend. Thanks for pointing me to BTO, ako.

Old June 18th, 2011, 05:21 AM   #38
Honko
ninjette.org sage

Name: Hyon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green SE

I'm sure it's not that big of a deal, but I thought I would point out that your description of Revzilla's return policy is actually the return policy for Sportbiketrackgear.com. Revzilla's return/exchange policy is actually quite good.
Honko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2011, 05:32 AM   #39
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
I'll take a look at Revzilla (my preferred provider!) and see. I'm pretty sure it was accurate at the time I input it, but these things change often. I'll update as needed.

Old September 15th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #40
CharlieBucket
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250 and 1982 Yamaha Maxim 750

Best Place Online/In Person

One of my favorite places is http://www.motogearoutlet.com/. These people are a real brick and mortar store in the Denver metro area as well as an online retailer. You can go into their store and try on whatever you want, and they sell everything at online prices.

These guys have the best customer service I have ever experienced - they know their stuff, and don't ever try for the unnecessary upsale. They also have a buyer loyalty program - you get $50 off for every $600 spent, which is pretty good, esp. if you need a bunch of gear at once.

Anyway, esp. if you're in the Denver metro area, it's totally worth checking them out. Also, discounts the first Saturday of every month during riding season. They rock.
CharlieBucket is offline   Reply With Quote