ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old April 21st, 2009, 01:55 PM   #1
FroggyGreenInSD
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 08 Green 250, 12 Ninja 650 (also green, it's the fastest color!)

Talking Thank you AreaP from the raffle winner!

Well, it took a while, but I finally got the exhaust I won in the raffle installed. I got is less than a week after the drawing, but it took me a while to find a whole day to set aside to try and install it myself. Let me just say it sounds great! Thanks Kerry, and thanks Alex. I ended up getting the CF 18" Quiet Core with the flat end cap. I bought the Dynojet kit #2193 from AreaP and it came with the exhaust. I've never done anything to the bike myself before, and as I said earlier I set aside an entire day. It ended up taking about 6 hours. I started by installing the needles that came with the Dynojet kit. Then I took out the snorkel, and finally installed the exhaust. Between the instructions from AreaP, the DIYs on this board, and the service manual it was all pretty straightforward. Since the DIYs have such great pics in them, I just took pictures of the exhaust, headpipe only and with the muffler pack. So here they are. Thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pipe1.jpg (195.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg pipe2.jpg (285.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg pipe3.jpg (225.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg pipe4.jpg (127.6 KB, 35 views)
FroggyGreenInSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2009, 02:02 PM   #2
poopooegg
ninjette.org member

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): None Yet

That looks great!
poopooegg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2009, 02:07 PM   #3
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

Name: Howard

Motorcycle(s): '09 Candy Thunder Blue Ninja 250R

beautiful.
00v_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2009, 03:49 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Good work!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2009, 05:51 PM   #5
Strider
Back on the Black!

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (Black)

Sweet!!!!
So what's next on the raffle?
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2009, 05:59 PM   #6
kkim

cool!

...and your impressions of the bike, now?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2009, 06:11 PM   #7
sometimesido
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2006 250R

free exhaust! woo. looks nice man.

Old April 21st, 2009, 09:08 PM   #8
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

Name: Gary

Motorcycle(s): 2015 BMW R1200R, 08 Honda VFR800A (sold), 09 Ninja 250R (sold)

that is the exact set-up i would have gotten if i won. looks good. congrats again!
Sound Wave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2009, 10:33 PM   #9
FroggyGreenInSD
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 08 Green 250, 12 Ninja 650 (also green, it's the fastest color!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
cool!

...and your impressions of the bike, now?
It's so much more fun to ride now. Now I can make right turns on red and not worry I'm going to stall out and get killed. And the power is smooth all through the RPM range. And I can open up the throttle when I'm on the freeway and accelerate without having to downshift. I am getting the rumbling sound when I'm deccelerating with the throttle closed, but if it's not damaging the engine I can live with it. Since I didn't take your advice and do things one at a time I can't really tell which of the three changes contributed to what, but it's all good. Things I haven't done yet is change the main jets or get the caps off the idle mixture screws so I can adjust them. If I don't change the main jets am I running the risk of damaging the engine from running too lean? I've looked at Vex's DIY on doing that without removing the carbs, and even bought the Milwaukee offset driver so I may try it myself, but I'm still a little leery.

All I can say is love it, love it, love it With this mod I can't imagine that I'll grow out of this bike anytime soon, if ever. And I just got a new back tire this week too, so now that it's spring I'm ready to more than just commute.
FroggyGreenInSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2009, 10:48 PM   #10
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 08 Kurosaki 250, 09 Honda 600RawrRawr

quiet core fTW
Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2009, 10:51 PM   #11
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Congrats man, looks pretty dang good

nb

Old April 21st, 2009, 11:42 PM   #12
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroggyGreenInSD View Post
It's so much more fun to ride now. Now I can make right turns on red and not worry I'm going to stall out and get killed. And the power is smooth all through the RPM range. And I can open up the throttle when I'm on the freeway and accelerate without having to downshift. I am getting the rumbling sound when I'm deccelerating with the throttle closed, but if it's not damaging the engine I can live with it. Since I didn't take your advice and do things one at a time I can't really tell which of the three changes contributed to what, but it's all good. Things I haven't done yet is change the main jets or get the caps off the idle mixture screws so I can adjust them. If I don't change the main jets am I running the risk of damaging the engine from running too lean? I've looked at Vex's DIY on doing that without removing the carbs, and even bought the Milwaukee offset driver so I may try it myself, but I'm still a little leery.

All I can say is love it, love it, love it With this mod I can't imagine that I'll grow out of this bike anytime soon, if ever. And I just got a new back tire this week too, so now that it's spring I'm ready to more than just commute.

Now that's what I wanted to hear!! A properly setup 250 is an entirely different beast from off the showroom floor.

The rumbling/popping can be solved with a Kleen air delete, but I don't think you hurt anything by leaving it as is.

Pull the snorkel if you have not. The stock 98 main jet can stay if you use the stock airbox. It's a bit rich when the bike was stock... now with the changes, it is runs about perfect with that 98.

Pulling the caps and adjusting the idle screws will make the bike even smoother still from the bottom, believe it or not.

For now, enjoy your newly updated bike... you lucky SOB!

kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2009, 06:46 AM   #13
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Congadulations again. Looks good.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2009, 07:45 AM   #14
xTKx
Finally!

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 09 Red 250R

Nice install Mike! I think you've given me the confidence to reasonably attempt things that come my way (granted that I don't have hardly any maintenance experience on motorcycles). Great job!!