ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old June 6th, 2022, 08:21 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[roadracingworld.com] - MotoAmerica: More From The Races At Road America

Perfect weekend ‘at home’ for Tytlers Cycle Ride HVMC squad in MotoAmerica Stock1000 It was a perfect weekend for Tytlers Cycle Ride HVMC Racing in the latest round of the […]

The post MotoAmerica: More From The Races At Road America appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.

Perfect weekend ‘at home’ for Tytlers Cycle Ride HVMC squad in MotoAmerica Stock1000

It was a perfect weekend for Tytlers Cycle Ride HVMC Racing in the latest round of the Stock1000 MotoAmerica Championship at Road America with Corey Alexander bouncing back from his spill at VIR to claim his second race win of the season to put himself back into contention for the overall title.

Team mate Travis Wyman made it a dream end to the weekend for the team after crossing the line in second, meaning a one-two finish for the newly formed BMW squad in their home race. Zac Schumacher completed the trios’ points scoring finishes in the sole Stock1000 race at the four-mile circuit. He raced to P14 adding another two points to his championship tally.

The elation in the camp was clear for all to see. Alexander, who shattered the lap record in qualifying, lined up on the grid on a bike that was built following a crash earlier in the day. With no laps on the machine other than the sighting lap and subsequent warm-up lap, Alexander slotted into second from the start before easing his way into first. He then proceeded to open an almost three second lead over team mate Wyman, who made his move for the podium as the race progressed. The #10 eventually overhauled early race leader Geoff May to ensure his third podium (and best result) of the year, moving to within six points of the championship lead. Alexander sits fourth overall a mere thirteen points from the top spot. The third member of the team Zac Schumacher improved constantly throughout the weekend. Qualifying nineteenth he fought his way to fourteenth at the flag.

Corey Alexander:*“My first priority after VIR was to be able to ride and so I was thrilled when that was the case. I broke the track record on Friday and was able to go even faster on Saturday and claim the Pole. I had a crash that destroyed the bike during Superbike qualifying but thankfully the team did an excellent job in rebuilding me a new bike for the Stock1000 race. I was able to lead from the second turn on and with Hayden (Gillim) failing to finish it puts us back into contention in terms of the overall championship.”

Travis Wyman (10). Photo by Brian J. Nelson, courtesy Tytlers Cycle/Ride HVMC Racing.Travis Wyman:*“I didn’t get the best of starts and had to fight threw a bunch of riders. By the time I got into second I could see Corey up ahead and pushed to reel him in but I had a couple of moments on the front end and so I decided to settle for second, especially with one of our main rivals not finishing. I’m pretty happy overall and head to the next one second in points.”

Zac Schumacher (90). Photo by Brian J. Nelson, courtesy Tytlers Cycle/RideHVMC Racing.Zac Schumacher:*“The race went pretty well. I made a good start and was involved in a four-way battle with me eventually finishing fourteenth. I want to say a huge thanks to the guys for putting the bike back together after a small crash in Q1. I’m so happy to be part of the Tytlers Cycle Racing team and can’t thank Michael Kiley and everyone enough.”

More, from a press release issued by Robem Engineering:

Robem Engineering Aprilia rider Gloddy’s excellent pace soured by technical problem Saturday in MotoAmerica Twins Cup race at Road America

Hobbs suffers broken collarbone in crash while battling for podium finish

ELKHART LAKE, Wis. – Ben Gloddy was having his best outing so far with the Robem Engineering Aprilia team Friday and Saturday before a technical problem prematurely ended his race. Gloddy and his teammate Teagg Hobbs – who suffered a broken collarbone in a late-race crash — were unable to finish the lone Twins Cup race at this weekend’s MotoAmerica round at Road America.

Though they didn’t net the results they were aiming for at the June 3-5 round, Gloddy’s very good performance in practice and qualifying and Hobbs’ charge up the running order in Saturday’s race bode well for the pair’s 2022 MotoAmerica Twins Cup title aspirations.

Gloddy was the team’s fastest rider on Friday, as he was the fourth-fastest rider in Friday practice afternoon Qualifying 1 session. Hobbs wasn’t far behind Gloddy. He was sixth-fastest in both Friday sessions. Gloddy and Hobbs lowered their best lap times from practice by about three seconds in Qualifying 1. Qualifying concluded Saturday morning with Gloddy having clinched fourth place on the starting grid and Hobbs eighth place.

The round’s lone Twins Cup race took place late Saturday afternoon. Gloddy got a very good start and was challenging for the race lead on the first lap. Hobbs got shuffled back a little at the start and was running in ninth at the end of Lap 1. Gloddy ran as high as second before a technical problem forced him to pull into the pits and retire from the race on Lap 4. Hobbs recovered from his lackluster start after the opening lap and finished Lap 4 third in the running order. Unfortunately, Hobbs made contact with another rider as he entered Turn 14 on Lap 6, lost control of his motorcycle and crashed. Hobbs suffered a broken collarbone and was unable to finish the race.

The Robem Engineering Aprilia team will be back in action later this month for the next MotoAmerica round, which is scheduled for June 24-26 at Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton, Wash.

Ben Gloddy (72). Photo by Sara Chappell Photos, courtesy Robem Engineering.Ben Gloddy / No. 72

“I had a great couple of days at Road America. Friday went well, as we were able to qualify fourth for the race – which I was happy with. I got a good start in the race and moved up to third place very quickly. I made a few more passes at the beginning of the race and even led briefly at one point. But, with about four laps to go, my motorcycle suffered a mechanical problem that didn’t allow me to finish the race.”

Teagg Hobbs (79). Photo by Sara Chappell Photos, courtesy Robem Engineering.Teagg Hobbs / No. 79

“I am disappointed to end the weekend with a crash. We had the speed in the race to contend for a podium, so it’s a tough deal with how my race ended. I can’t thank the Robem Engineering Aprilia team enough. They worked really hard this weekend, and I’m looking forward to being back on my Aprilia RS 660 at the Ridge.”

Robem Engineering’s technical partners for 2022 include Aprilia Racing, Piaggio Group Americas, The Center for Plastic Surgery, Synchrony, Velocity Calibrations, Bitubo Suspension, Dunlop, Woodcraft Technologies, Dymag, Vesrah, Sprint Filter, DID,*Magura USA, Sara Chappell Photos, NGK/NTK, Blud Lubricants, Millennium Technologies, Motovation USA and SC-Project.

More, from a press release issued by Luke Power Racing:

Luke Power shines in wet MotoAmerica Supersport race at Road America

Luke Power raced to fifth place in Saturday’s opening Supersport at Road America before charging to second place in mixed conditions earlier today, securing a maiden MotoAmerica Championship podium in only his sixth race in the series.

The seventeen year old from Australia, who had already notched up an impressive eighth and seventh in the opening round of the series at Road Atlanta before claiming a sixth place finish in Race 1 at VIR, qualified on the third row of the grid after a solid session aboard his 3D Motorsport Suzuki GSXR 750cc machine – the first time he had ridden the latest ‘Next Generation’ spec machine this season.

In the mix from the off on Saturday, Luke narrowly missed the podium, eventually finishing P5 after a hard charging ride saw him once again show his natural racing talent. Wasting no time moving into podium contention on Sunday in mixed conditions, the teenager from down under eased into second position with a couple of laps remaining, a position he would hold until the end of the eight-lap encounter.

Celebrating in style on the cool down lap, Power, who also had the accolade of being top Suzuki on Sunday, moves into fifth overall in the Supersport standings ahead of Round 4 which takes place at The Ridge Motorsports Park in three weeks.

Luke Power (68) celebrates his podium finish in Supersport Race Two. Photo by Brian J. Nelson, courtesy Luke Power Racing.Luke Power:*“I am super happy and so stoked to make it onto the podium in Race 2. It was an awesome race and honestly the track wasn’t in bad shape despite the earlier rain. The 3D Motorsports team did an excellent job all weekend, as did K-Tech Suspension. We had a great set-up weekend and even though I was disappointed not to get on the box on Saturday I am glad that I was able to get the job done today. I can’t wait to carry this momentum into The Ridge in a few weeks and to see all the fans their too. It’s been an awesome weekend. I am loving life in MotoAmerica and want to thank everyone who has helped me make it over here.”

More, from a press release issued by Aprilia:

VELOCE RACING’S JODY BARRY PUTS HIS APRILIA RS 660 ON THE TOP STEP OF THE MOTOAMERICA TWINS CUP PODIUM FOR THE FOURTH CONSECUTIVE RACE

MAZZIOTTO MAKES IT TWO APRILIA RIDERS TO PODIUM SATURDAY IN MOTOAMERICA’S ONLY TWINS CUP ROUND AT ROAD AMERICA

Jody Barry (center), Anthony Mazziotto (left), and Dominic Doyle (right) on the Twins Cup podium at Road America. Photo by Sara Chappell Photos, courtesy Aprilia.

ELKHART LAKE, WI – 06 JUNE 2022*–*Jody Barry arrived at the MotoAmerica round at Road America coming off three consecutive wins and with a 43-point championship lead. By the end of the July 3-5 event, the Veloce Racing rider had claimed his fourth win of the 2022 season aboard his Aprilia RS 660 and increased his championship lead to 51 points with six rounds to go.

Along with a late-race charge to a runner-up finish by Rodio Racing/Warhorse HSBK Racing competitor Anthony Mazziotto, the RS 660’s championship-winning prowess was on full display at one of MotoAmerica’s most popular rounds.

Despite diminishing rear grip in his rear tire in the later stages of the lone Twins Cup race of the weekend, Barry held on to take the win by 0.423 seconds from Mazziotto – who had made up six positions on the last lap of the eight-lap contest despite his motorcycle suffering electrical system problems all race. Barry and Mazziotto were among four Aprilia RS 660 riders to finish in the top 10 at Road America.

Barry’s success in 2022 was foreshadowed last year, when the Lake in the Hills, Ill., resident scored a hard-fought win at VIRginia International Raceway and four additional podium finishes in 14 races in 2021 Twins Cup competition after having been out of pro road racing for three years.

Success at Road America is nothing new for the Aprilia RS 660, as reigning MotoAmerica Twins Cup champion and Barry’s Veloce Racing teammate Kaleb De Keyrel took a commanding win at Road America in 2021 – the RS 660’s debut year in Twins Cup competition. De Keyrel finished Saturday’s race in seventh.

Thirteen of the 46 riders who registered for the Road America Twins Cup race were on Aprilias, and the RS 660 was a top performer in practice and qualifying. Barry topped the time sheets in Friday practice by nearly a second and paced the field in Qualifying 1 by a margin of 0.633 seconds. Both sessions featured four Aprilia riders in the top four positions and five or more Aprilias within the top 10. Barry missed out on claiming pole position by a mere 0.147 seconds, and five of the top 10 spots on the starting grid were claimed by RS 660 pilots.

Jody Barry (No. 11), Veloce Racing

“The weekend went well. The bike was strong and we were up towards the front each session. The race was good, and it was fun getting to battle the other riders up front as usual. One of the other frontrunners on another brand was fast too, but the Aprilia RS 660 held its own and we got the win.”

Anthony Mazziotto (No. 516), Rodio Racing/Warhorse HSBK Racing

“Our weekend started off really good. The bike was really fast, and I was excited with how we started the weekend by finishing practice in second place. We were third in the first qualifying session, which was good as we haven’t been up that high in the early sessions. For Qualifying 2 we made a slight change that sent us backwards a little, so I didn’t get the best starting position. At the start of the race, all my bike’s electronics stopped working. I had to run the full race without a quick shifter, auto blip or any other electronic aids. I knew I had the pace to run at the front though, so I put my head down and reeled in the front group. It’s a shame I couldn’t have done that a little bit earlier in the race, but there’s always next round.”

MotoAmerica’s Twins Cup has two races scheduled for the next round, which takes place June 24-26 at The Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton, Wash. The championship schedule, competitor information and class rules can be found at*https://motoamerica.com.

More, from a press release issued by Levi Badie Racing:

Points make prizes – Levi Badie bags double top six finish on first visit to Road America

Levi Badie was back in action in the latest round of the 2022 MotoAmerica Junior Cup Championship at Road America this past weekend, racing to his first double points scoring round of the season, narrowly missing a podium finish for the third event of the year!

Qualifying on the third row of the grid in ninth, Levi set the fastest lap of the race on his way to P5 in Saturday’s opening race before coming home sixth in the first wet race of his MotoAmerica career on Sunday.

Leading with a little over a lap and a half to go in Race 1, the talented Belgian teenager once again proved to be one of the leading protagonists in the Junior Cup series, pulling off some incredible late braking overtakes. With rain falling and with no experience on Dunlop tyres or on a Kawasaki 400cc machine in the wet, Race 2 saw the #71 ride a sensible race to secure P6 at the flag.

Levi Badie (71). Photo by Brian J. Nelson, courtesy Levi Badie Racing.Levi Badie:*“I didn’t make the best start in Saturday’s race but I was able to close the gap and rejoin the group. My plan was to try to break the group as I had the pace, but the straights were so long that we stayed in a big group. I took the lead and kept pushing but I knew they would attack as slipstream is massive at Road America. I dropped back but fought back immediately on the brakes. I got boxed in on the last lap and that cost me the chance of the podium. I dropped back to eighth but I didn’t give up and was able to make it back to P5. I wanted to bring it home in one piece on Sunday as it was my first race on the Kawasaki in the rain and also my first time on Dunlop tyres in wet conditions. I didn’t want to go crazy and push it and make a mistake. I felt good after the warm up. The race itself was pretty good. I was able to follow the group ahead and my mindset was to finish because we had already had three DNFS and I needed to score points to get my championship back on track, which we did. Overall I am happy about the weekend and I can’t wait for Round 4 at The Ridge in a few weeks. I also want to thank the Bartcon Team, everyone who is helping me and the MotoAmerica fans for their support. People told me before I came to the USA how enthusiastic the American fans are and they weren’t joking!”

The post MotoAmerica: More From The Races At Road America appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.