Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old March 8th, 2023, 07:30 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[roadracingworld.com] - Isle Of Man TT: Brookes Returns With FHO Racing BMW

JOSH BROOKES RETURNS TO THE ISLE OF MAN TT WITH FHO*RACING FHO Racing is delighted to announce that Josh Brookes will take part in this year’s Isle of Man TT […]

The post Isle Of Man TT: Brookes Returns With FHO Racing BMW appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.

JOSH BROOKES RETURNS TO THE ISLE OF MAN TT WITH FHO*RACING

FHO Racing is delighted to announce that Josh Brookes will take part in this year’s Isle of Man TT Races on BMW machinery, as he returns to the famous 37.73-mile Mountain course after a five-year hiatus.

Making his long-awaited comeback to the Isle of Man, Josh will contest both Superstock races, as well as the Superbike TT and the blue-riband Senior TT aboard the BMW M 1000 RR, alongside teammate and nine-time TT winner Peter Hickman.

Josh made his debut at the TT in 2013 where he set a new fastest newcomers lap record (127.726mph), finishing 10th*in the Superbike race. In 2014 he bettered his result in the Senior race finishing seventh, as well as securing 10th*in the Superbike TT. With a small break between years, Josh headed back to the TT in 2017 and 2018, where in ’18 he scored his highest placed result in the Senior coming home fifth.

Faye Ho’s squad, FHO Racing is the official BMW Motorrad UK supported team on the Roads, as well as in the British Superbike Championship. In 2022 making its TT debut, the team celebrated a hat-trick of wins with Peter Hickman in the Superbike, Senior and Superstock races.

The Isle of Man TT Races gets underway, with first practice taking place on Monday 29 May. With a new-look schedule for 2023, the RST Superbike race is schedule for Sunday 4 June, the two RL360 Superstock races on 6th*and 9th*June and the Milwaukee Senior TT taking place on Saturday 10th*June,*click here*for the full schedule.

Josh Brookes:

“I’m pleased it’s now out there and we can announce my return to the TT. It’s one of the most common subjects I get asked throughout the year at BSB, the fans always want to know; ‘are you coming back to the TT?’, will you ever be back?’, and ‘do you want to come back?’ It’s good to have the box ticked and now be able to say it’s happening!”

“Like all the other times I’ve been to the TT I’m both nervous and excited. It’s a big event and it’s thrilling, but it does create nerves and it’s full of emotion. FHO Racing has a great background at the event with all they achieved last year, I also have both the perfect and potentially the worst teammate with Pete.”

“The event has changed a little since I last raced in 2018, with the new schedule for this season with the change in the practice format and the Senior moved to the final Saturday, but I’m looking forward to getting stuck in and riding the Mountain course once again.”

Faye*Ho – Team Principal:

“I’m very excited to have Josh joining us for the TT this year, he has a good history at the event securing the fastest newcomer lap in 2013 and he’s also achieved some good results, especially in the Senior TT having finished fifth previously.”

“Although BSB is our main priority with Josh for this season, he was keen to return to the TT after a five-year break and we were happy to support him in the Superbike, Senior and Superstock races on the M 1000 RR. I can’t wait to see him in action out there, and I think alongside Pete, we will have a strong presence at the TT.”

The post Isle Of Man TT: Brookes Returns With FHO Racing BMW appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.