ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Notices

View Poll Results: How long after you got the bike did you drop/crash it?
within the first week 174 18.16%
within the first month 179 18.68%
within 6 months 201 20.98%
within the first year 66 6.89%
within the first five years 40 4.18%
I crashed after 5 years of owning my ninjette 5 0.52%
I've never dropped it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 293 30.58%
Voters: 958. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 1st, 2015, 01:16 PM   #361
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old May 6th, 2017, 01:12 PM   #362
JOHNWJ
ninjette.org newbie

Name: JOHN

Motorcycle(s): '12 Kawasaki Ninja 650, 06 Suzuki DR650, 08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold), 04 Kawasaki KX100 (Sold)

Crashed Today!

So I started riding on the street in June 2012. Today I finally biffed it. Good thing I was wearing my Joe Rocket Survivor Suit and not just jeans. I was with my MC club. We had just left our local hangout and I was 2nd in line. The road split with a roundabout on the right, I thought we were going straight and wasn't paying full attention, leader hit blinker and went right. Assuming we were going straight I was too close and wasn't expecting to turn. I mashed the brakes and tried to make it. The rear tire locked up and I leaned hard right. Skidding low and side (ish) but still upright until I hit the curb. Messed up my right fairing and the plastic coolant jug broke. So I am out of commission until that comes in the mail. Being overseas that may take a couple weeks. Anyway I ordered the parts. I did hit my helmet, so I will have to order one of those also, but I am waiting to get a response from the manufacturer to see if they will give me a discount on a replacement. Only thing sore is my hip. Not bad and not bruised yet but might. Other than not having hip pads the survivor suit worked outstanding. Will invest in some riding shorts with hip pads to wear underneath in the future. Made it almost 5 years and on my third bike before I crashed. But the inevitable happened. Knock on wood that does not happen again.
JOHNWJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2017, 02:32 PM   #363
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Sorry, crashing sucks. Glad you're not badly hurt!
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2018, 03:12 PM   #364
Poddelniy Russki
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300

Had mine for two months. Did great until I decided I was going to go out partying on it. My own damn fault, though I'm pretty sure I would've been fine if it wasn't for the damn fog

And it was the one time I didn't have my helmet cam on

I had a feeling I should've bought a used bike, but I overpaid for a new one thinking I'd be fine having ridden 150s in the past

Now I owe more on it than its worth. That's ok though, I can pay it off whenever, I'm just trying to build my credit

I posted my story as a new thread but it doesn't seem to have been posted yet
Poddelniy Russki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2018, 03:27 PM   #365
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poddelniy Russki View Post
Had mine for two months. Did great until I decided I was going to go out partying on it. My own damn fault, though I'm pretty sure I would've been fine if it wasn't for the damn fog

And it was the one time I didn't have my helmet cam on

I had a feeling I should've bought a used bike, but I overpaid for a new one thinking I'd be fine having ridden 150s in the past

Now I owe more on it than its worth. That's ok though, I can pay it off whenever, I'm just trying to build my credit

I posted my story as a new thread but it doesn't seem to have been posted yet
This entire post shows just how much you have grown up since your purchase. No matter how many bad choices you can make, it will still build your credibility (I mean credit).

Old July 16th, 2018, 01:34 PM   #366
xorbe
ninjette.org guru

Name: xorbe

Motorcycle(s): N650 (and others)

Wow so I am 1 of 5, kind of ... If I get to call my 5th bike ('17 Ninja 650) my 2nd Ninjette ... finally after 5 years and 4 months and approx 18K miles cumulative, in a Wal*Mart grocery parking lot, for some reason I grabbed a handful of front brake at 0.5 mph with the front wheel cranked, and it threw me on the ground. Scraped bar end, half bent rear brake lever, micro scuff on the mirror housing, and 4 tiny nicks on the fairing edge (engine case escaped!). Very minimal since it was stopped when it went down.
xorbe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2018, 02:23 PM   #367
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
I'm glad the damage was not too bad! I don't think it will ever not be frustrating to drop a bike, but it happens.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2018, 04:34 AM   #368
VaFish

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
I never dropped my Ninjette, but then I bought the Ninjette when I was getting back into riding after a 16 year break. I had about 8 years total riding experience before the break.

I've dropped previous bikes, I started out riding Dirt Bikes and Dual Sports, I crashed them in the first day of ownership and I crashed my Harley Sportster about two months ago after about 16 months of ownership.

So if you took the word Ninjette out of the question I could check just about every box.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2018, 06:06 PM   #369
xorbe
ninjette.org guru

Name: xorbe

Motorcycle(s): N650 (and others)

I figured out why my bike escaped damage from the stationary parking lot drop, my rear spools are extra wide slider spools. Rear spool took the scrub (rear spool + rear brake lever + bar end). Fairing barely kissed the ground that's why only tiny nick fit for a dot of touch-up paint.
xorbe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2019, 05:08 PM   #370
GreatGreedo
ninjette.org member

Name: Guarino

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300, CBR 125R (My 1st bike was a 2001 ZX-6R)

In 2002 I highsided on my Ninja ZX-6R, nearly dropped it a few times before that. With my current Ninja 300, the previous owner(s) dropped it on both sides, still fixing the cosmetics, nice project.