ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

View Poll Results: How long after you got the bike did you drop/crash it?
within the first week 174 18.16%
within the first month 179 18.68%
within 6 months 201 20.98%
within the first year 66 6.89%
within the first five years 40 4.18%
I crashed after 5 years of owning my ninjette 5 0.52%
I've never dropped it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 293 30.58%
Voters: 958. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 12th, 2014, 09:23 AM   #321
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyelectric View Post
Dropped mine in parking lot last night. I seem to have a talent for dropping my bikes in parking lots. BTW, how do I get the gasoline smell out of my neoprene pad that goes between my tank bag and my tank?
Bummer.... but leaving neoprene in the bright sun can do wonders for smells and such. I do that with wetsuits from time to time. The saying goes... "there are people who pee in their wetsuit and there are people who lie about it."
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Old November 13th, 2014, 03:26 PM   #322
APEmike
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300

Yeah, had to change mine to less than a month ... too much throttle, not enough clutch = falling off the back. $3800 in damage, a fractured arm, and a broken toe. WTF, i was doing like 3 mph, had steel toe boots on, and an armored jacket...

*edit* Helmet and gloves should be added to that gear list. I wear all the gear I own all the time, and I own all the gear i can afford.
Arm is a "radial head fracture" everything is where it should be so they handed me a handful of norco, 3 handfuls of motrin, and a sling and said 'have a nice day!'
APEmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 13th, 2014, 03:28 PM   #323
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Best wishes mate. It's not the speed that hurts, this the sudden stop.

Old November 13th, 2014, 03:43 PM   #324
APEmike
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300

Yup, I fell straight off the back of it. My back and butt were protected by the jacket and backpack I had on at the time. It was filled mostly with a sweater so extra cushyness. However I landed slightly on my right side and put just enough pressure on my arm for a couple hairline fractures. No clue at all how my toe got involved, but it did, and hurt WAY worse than my arm (its allways the smaller injuries that freaking hurt, right?!?!) The running joke around work is I failed Magnafluxing.
APEmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2014, 04:16 PM   #325
Dozer
ninjette.org member

Name: CarL

Motorcycle(s): 2010 EX250, 2012 ZX-6R

I didn't but somebody did...

Stood there for a while not wanting to move 'em...Waited til the next day to uncover.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1594.jpg (147.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1621.jpg (152.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1618.jpg (139.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1610.jpg (149.2 KB, 10 views)

I was once asked what I thought heaven was like...
I saw asphalt, I saw twisties, then I saw me on my bike.
Dozer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2014, 06:15 PM   #326
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
^^ Thats horrible. Any major damage?

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2014, 06:35 PM   #327
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

So any idea who is getting their arse beat down?

Old December 31st, 2014, 01:51 AM   #328
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
did you cry?

Old December 31st, 2014, 02:24 AM   #329
BoBO
ninjette.org guru

Name: Genesis

Motorcycle(s): SC28 Fireblade

Dropped my ninja within a year only because some idiot left or put oil in the middle of the road and covered it with flour.
BoBO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 31st, 2014, 07:36 AM   #330
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBO View Post
Dropped my ninja within a year only because some idiot left or put I didn't spot and wasn't prepared for oil in the middle of the road and covered it with flour.
Fixed that for you.

Oil in the road happens. Learn to spot it. Learn to avoid it. When you can't avoid it, learn to ride-it without wiping out. It's a challenge, not a condemnation.

If you learn to except for responsibility for every part of every ride, you'll empower yourself to be a safer rider; a rider that is less likely to be hurt or killed.

If I ever crash again, it will be because of my failing not because of someone elses. This does not mean that I am necessarily at fault, from a lawful or moral perspective. This just means that I accept responsibility for my own actions and how they effected a given, negative (or positive) outcome. Who cares what the other guy did; you cannot control that. You can only control your own actions: through your body, your senses, those bars, those breaks, that throttle and that clutch.

"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
I'm not Christian, but by-god, that's a beautiful piece of wisdom to embody and to share!
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old December 31st, 2014, 08:34 AM   #331
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren View Post
I finally met my match on a gravel road that came out of nowhere!
Them "out of nowhere roads" always get me!

Old December 31st, 2014, 03:05 PM   #332
BoBO
ninjette.org guru

Name: Genesis

Motorcycle(s): SC28 Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Fixed that for you.

Oil in the road happens. Learn to spot it. Learn to avoid it. When you can't avoid it, learn to ride-it without wiping out. It's a challenge, not a condemnation.

If you learn to except for responsibility for every part of every ride, you'll empower yourself to be a safer rider; a rider that is less likely to be hurt or killed.

If I ever crash again, it will be because of my failing not because of someone elses. This does not mean that I am necessarily at fault, from a lawful or moral perspective. This just means that I accept responsibility for my own actions and how they effected a given, negative (or positive) outcome. Who cares what the other guy did; you cannot control that. You can only control your own actions: through your body, your senses, those bars, those breaks, that throttle and that clutch.

"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
I'm not Christian, but by-god, that's a beautiful piece of wisdom to embody and to share!
Word got out that someone put oil on the road near my house intentionally along with something to flat tires. Police were involved because someone actually confirmed that it was true. This road that the oil was at, was on the way to a nice scenic route, and the person who allegedly poured oil on the road and covered it up was complaining about the noise of the motorcycles & cars passing through. With enough complaints from other people passing through, the road had to be blocked off for a day until the cleanup crew was done.

I don't know the entire story and I could care less. That was then, this is now. I'm to busy being productive in life to be worrying about a $300 fairing. You can save your B.S. lectures and shove it up your crack. It's stupid to judge people when you don't really know whats going on. That really shows what kind of person you are. I took psychology & human behavior before I got my degree. And people who talk like you are the ones who are dealing with insecurity. You seem like you have a lot of time on your hands. I'm not a Christian myself but " Idle hands are the devil's workshop" maybe you can learn something from that. Anyways, I'm not wasting anymore of my time with you.

Last futzed with by BoBO; December 31st, 2014 at 04:10 PM.
BoBO is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old December 31st, 2014, 03:23 PM   #333
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Word got out that someone put oil on the road near my house intentionally along with something to flat tires. Police were involved because someone actually confirmed that it was true. This road that the oil was at was on the way to a nice scenic route, and the person who allegedly poured oil on the road and covered it up was complaining about the noise of the motorcycles & cars passing through.

I don't know the entire story and I could care less. I'm too busy being productive. You can save your B.S. lectures and shove it up your crack. It's stupid to judge people when you don't really know whats going on. That really shows what kind of person you are. Anyways " Fix that for you son".
No, the squirrel got it right and is trying to honestly help you.

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 31st, 2014, 03:34 PM   #334
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
@BoBO: not judging; just offering some help. Take it or leave it.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old December 31st, 2014, 03:52 PM   #335
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
No, the squirrel got it right and is trying to honestly help you.

Raven's Rejuvenation

Old December 31st, 2014, 05:01 PM   #336
Dozer
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedNinjette View Post
^^ Thats horrible. Any major damage?
yeah mirror, tank and frame on the zx6r. footpeg and mirror on the 250r. $5500 worth of repairs. It happened back in June though. they're both repaired and good to go.

Old December 31st, 2014, 05:04 PM   #337
Dozer
ninjette.org member

wish i did....

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
So any idea who is getting their arse beat down?
I wish I did. All I had at the time were suspects. Can't really pinpoint anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
did you cry?
I think I sobbed a little...

Old December 31st, 2014, 05:08 PM   #338
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
yeah mirror, tank and frame on the zx6r. footpeg and mirror on the 250r. $5500 worth of repairs. It happened back in June though. they're both repaired and good to go.
Good you were able to get them repaired. Did you ever find out who dunnit?

Raven's Rejuvenation

Old December 31st, 2014, 05:40 PM   #339
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedNinjette View Post
Did you ever find out who dunnit?

Old December 31st, 2014, 09:33 PM   #340
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
Word got out that someone put oil on the road near my house intentionally along with something to flat tires. Police were involved because someone actually confirmed that it was true. This road that the oil was at, was on the way to a nice scenic route, and the person who allegedly poured oil on the road and covered it up was complaining about the noise of the motorcycles & cars passing through. With enough complaints from other people passing through, the road had to be blocked off for a day until the cleanup crew was done.

I don't know the entire story and I could care less. That was then, this is now. I'm to busy being productive in life to be worrying about a $300 fairing. You can save your B.S. lectures and shove it up your crack. It's stupid to judge people when you don't really know whats going on. That really shows what kind of person you are. I took psychology & human behavior before I got my degree. And people who talk like you are the ones who are dealing with insecurity. You seem like you have a lot of time on your hands. I'm not a Christian myself but " Idle hands are the devil's workshop" maybe you can learn something from that. Anyways, I'm not wasting anymore of my time with you.
I call BS myself yo. I have spent the past 2yrs on the street dodging placed gravel, dogs and even "soapy water" from local residents that dislike sport bikes, I never complain about much. Odd that they don't mind the HD's But whatever, you keep blaming them because ya know... they don't have to heal up when you crash.

She gave you some advice good sir. My advice to you is to take it, because if your mind is that closed, most likely your eyes are too. ijs....

Best wishes for you in 2015, may it find you less rude and trust.... I have no insecurity problem and just gunna assume you're having a less than stellar day.

Old December 31st, 2014, 10:26 PM   #341
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

While some have issues with oil and other such debris in the road, others deal with ummmm.... "slightly larger" problems. Perspective my friends.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ummm.jpg (49.4 KB, 6 views)

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old January 1st, 2015, 02:06 AM   #342
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
I'm to busy being productive in life to be worrying about a $300 fairing. You can save your B.S. lectures and shove it up your crack. It's stupid to judge people when you don't really know whats going on. That really shows what kind of person you are. I took psychology & human behavior before I got my degree. And people who talk like you are the ones who are dealing with insecurity. You seem like you have a lot of time on your hands. I'm not a Christian myself but " Idle hands are the devil's workshop" maybe you can learn something from that. Anyways, I'm not wasting anymore of my time with you.
you crashed. it's your own fault.

as far as the rest of your post goes... lets carefully examine what you've said because it's actually quite fascinating from a neutral observers position.

i see you say you took psyc and human behavior (basic low level gen ed required classes) before getting your ... what i'm assuming is associates degree. (fairly odd that anyone would point this out, but its a pretty obvious attempt at a status statement) this is i suppose your qualification for making the following authoritative statement about how you know how akima is... insecure because she pointed out --quite correctly-- that you are in a large heap of denial about whose fault a single vehicle accident is, regardless of road condition. (it's your own fault, not the guy who put oil in the road) i find it quite hypocritical that in the same breath of complaining someone else is judging you, you proceed to judge that person based on... what seems to be sheer nonsense. i don't understand your conclusion that akima has a lot of time on her hands. being a regular here, i see it as quite the opposite really. she's a rare gem around here but has been around for awhile. the whole "you have too much time" is a common BS maneuver to belittle someone. it also reinforces the conclusion that you're in a pile of bull-denial so huge you're letting it spill out your mouth. but stepping back its clear this is mostly all just knee-jerk defensiveness mostly stemming from the denial. i personally enjoyed how you added the "not wasting any more of my time on you" quip at the end. i hope you were wearing a trilby when you typed this post.

now, where's that confounded horse!

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old January 1st, 2015, 08:21 AM   #343
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
My low side was because I didn't listen to my gut and when "I thought I knew what I was doing" was reminded I was still too new to make that call.
It was my choice to trust another rider that knew nothing about me, lesson learned.

Last futzed with by snot; January 1st, 2015 at 01:47 PM.
snot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 1st, 2015, 08:56 AM   #344
Dozer
ninjette.org member

Old January 3rd, 2015, 07:34 AM   #345
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16

Old January 3rd, 2015, 09:13 AM   #346
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Wait what? Akima is a girl?

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 3rd, 2015, 09:53 AM   #347
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
You can't tell from my picture?

<---

Old January 3rd, 2015, 10:01 AM   #348
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
Wait what? Akima is a girl?
Yes just like snot, I thought our names made it clear

Old January 3rd, 2015, 10:20 AM   #349
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
I still think of American Dad every time I see your name.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 3rd, 2015, 01:04 PM   #350
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
At least you laugh?
Some of the men have questionable names too

Old January 11th, 2015, 04:01 PM   #351
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
I'm glad I have a beater bike. I drop it all the time and it's no big deal
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2015, 09:21 AM   #352
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Glad you aren't banging it up too bad!

I'm glad I don't have a beater and didn't really hurt my bike when it tried to throw me out of my truck

Old January 31st, 2015, 10:50 AM   #353
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
You can't tell from my picture?

<---
misleading I see nutz!!!

Old February 1st, 2015, 08:05 AM   #354
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymadbastard View Post
misleading I see nutz!!!
Those are the kind of nutz I bite... though... sometimes I get confuse over which is which.

Still not sure why boy squirrels are scared of me

Old July 23rd, 2015, 11:30 AM   #355
allanoue

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14

Old July 23rd, 2015, 11:34 AM   #356
Jasonm163
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 ABS

Haha poll is closed but i dropped it on my third day of having it after riding and then going to park it.
Jasonm163 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 23rd, 2015, 11:41 AM   #357
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonm163 View Post
Haha poll is closed but i dropped it on my third day of having it after riding and then going to park it.
@Alex

Old July 23rd, 2015, 11:52 AM   #358
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 02:32 PM   #359
Jasonm163
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 ABS

voted! lol
Jasonm163 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2015, 05:33 PM   #360
RadenRider26
Raden Rider

Name: Rhys

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250R 2010

First drop with in a week first crash with in 12 moth

1.Had the ninja for a week dropped it while stop was wearing thongs( flip-flop, sandels what ever want to call them) there was sand in the parking lot ( I'm at the beach) any stopped to revers the bike into the parking spot put my foot down slipped and drop the bike.

2. 6 month in haven't dropped it (since last time) nor crash, went to a local nursery was buy for my new garden that has just been done. Parked the bike didn't realised the stand was on soil got off the bike walked a way turn and around and the bike dropped to the ground

1. Yes i know Im back at 1 cuz this time i crashed. Was driving my girlfriend to work. I was turing into the shops and she wanted to get some lunch for work, as i was truing she freaked out because there was gravel on the road, (being new to driving the bike with 2) i hit the brake just a bit to hard to and the bike went out under us. she was fine no cuts no notting i had a graze on my keen and my arms.

Now lets hope it never happens again (knock on wood)