ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old January 24th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - Yamaha Champions Riding School Returns To NJMP

Good news for those saddened to hear the Yamaha Champions Riding School would not return to Miller Motorsports Park in 2014: the school is back, now operating from New Jersey Motorsports Park.

The change in venue doesn’t come without a slight change in the instructor lineup.*Nick Ienatsch and Ken Hill will still lead the way, joined by Mr. Daytona himself, Scott Russell, but a new addition to the star-studded instructor lineup has also been added: none other than Larry Pegram. No word yet as to whether the rest of the gang from the school’s days in Utah will be making the trip out east.

Otherwise, the Yamaha Champions Riding School will remain much the same as it has always been.*Students can look forward to two- and three-day classes that feature the techniques needed to increase the joy and safety of motorcycling. A new feature for YCRS includes at-track housing and group dinners, as YCRS nurtures a sense of community. This Yamaha Champions Riding School community will extend far beyond the course into track days, overseas tours, online support through webinars, Smart TV episodes, travel schools and FasterSafer.com.

Every student at the Yamaha Champions Riding School will have an array of bikes at their disposal, including the YZF-R1, YZF-R6, the all new FZ-09, and perennial fan favorite FZ1.

Also note the school’s website has changed. For more information on how you can sign up to attend the Yamaha Champions Riding School please go to www.ridelikeachampion.com.

Yamaha Champions Riding School Returns To NJMP appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...

Old January 25th, 2014, 04:32 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Glad it was resurrected; shame it's now on the other coast...

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2014, 05:03 PM   #3
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Glad it was resurrected; shame it's now on the other coast...
They call this the right coast for a reason. Great school with great teachers. What a line-up of instructors.

Old January 25th, 2014, 05:09 PM   #4
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2009 Triumph Daytona 675

Very excited for this. Ken Hill has helped my riding tremendously and now he'll be in my home state with YCRS! Definitely be attending a class this year
Boosted139 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2014, 10:50 PM   #5
MasterLanMan
Lando Commando

Name: Landon

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Now if only I lived in New Jersey...

Old January 25th, 2014, 10:55 PM   #6
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
The second closest track to my home now if only it didn't cost $2500
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2014, 11:15 AM   #7
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Instructor line-up;

Thanks to a partnership with Yamaha, students ride R6s, FZ8s, FZ9s, FZ1s, and even the occasional R1. Yamaha Champions Riding School will be open for business at New Jersey Motorsports Park for the 2014 season. At YCRS Students can expect to train with instructors Dale Keiffer, Shane Turpin, Mark Schellinger, Garrett Willis, George Grass, Phil Horwitz, permanent guest instructors Scott Russell and Larry Pegram, and celebrity instructors such as JoshHayes, Dane Westby, Josh Herrin, Chris Clark, Elena Meyers, Tommy Aquino, James Toseland, Ben Spies, Bradley Smith, Joey Pascarella, Jake Gagne, Eric Bostrom, Jake Lewis and Garrett Gerloff.

I don't understand why they say occassional R1, who would want to ride anything else?