Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old July 14th, 2016, 10:10 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - Monster Yamaha Tech3 Signs Johann Zarco

Tech3 has signed 2015 Moto2 champion and current series leader Johann Zarco to race in the 2017 MotoGP championship. Zarco’s contract is for one year with an option for a second. The signing pairs the Cannes-born Zarco with MotoGP’s lone French team. Zarco joins Jonas Folger to ride the Tech3 satellite Yamaha YZR-M1.

Zarco made his GP world championship debut in 2009 in the 125cc class, moving up to the Moto2 championship in 2012. The Frenchman improved every season, leading up to a dominant 2015 season where he claimed eight race wins and 14 total podiums to win the title by 118 points over Alex Rins.

This season has been a lot closer with Zarco tied with Rins with 126 points but holding the edge in wins 3-2.

“It goes without saying that I am very happy to join the MotoGP class with Tech3 and I am confident that we can form a solid partnership,” says Zarco. “The team has a deep relationship and long history with Yamaha and they have proved that they can manage well in every situation and have had a good package year after year.”

This pleases me and it gives me extra motivation for reaching my targets in the 2017 season. Of course, it seems like a logical step for a French team and a French champion to work together, and now finally the deal is done which is certainly positive news. I really will do my best and prepare myself for the maximum because I think it’s more than possible to get some top results in MotoGP after my long experience in the intermediate clas

Monster Yamaha Tech3 Signs Johann Zarco appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...