ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old January 25th, 2011, 11:26 PM   #1
sherjay
ninjette.org member

Name: Xtian

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r SE

Area P Race Exhaust First Ride Impression

First and foremost, I want to thank Mr. Kerry Bryant for choosing my bike and personally working on her. Secondly, thanks to this forum for having me as a member. Got my bike from Area P after getting the "long deal" (New Area P Race Exhaust System, replacement of the oem airbox with K&N Dual Flange Air Filter and Crankcase Breather Element, Kleen Air System removed/plugged, Area P/Dynojet Customized Jet Kit. All installation and Dyno Tuned by the man himself, KBryant). Now Im not really doing much justice to Area P by attempting to do a review as I am not qualified as many of you members are. THIS IS NOT A REVIEW. This is more like a comparison/difference from stock to now, coming from a rider with only 1800 miles of riding experience. With that said here are my thoughts.
Right from the get go, the shifting from neutral to 1st then to 2nd was smooth. I remember how rough it was when it was stock. It is smooth through out all the gears. Also, I was surprised how I managed to stay at 4th and 5th gear on the streets. Where as before I would try to shift up to 7th. It almost seemed like the gear ratio was changed. She is now more responsive and intuitive on her own. Freeways are much easier. The bike seems very happy riding on the freeways as of before it seems like it was struggling or trying too hard. It feels like it had so much more to give. I pushed the bike up to 95 mph on the speedometer at around 10 to 11000 (maybe more) rpm on the tach. (This is a very rough estimate as I was too excited to be really paying that much attention, this was just a quick glance at the gauges) The bike had definitely more, much more to give. But the time, place and situation was not safe enough for me so I had to back down. But it definitely felt good, no doubt. This is exactly what my face looked like, alternating . My bike is definitely a whole new being. She is not the same. I only had a total of around 3 hours of ride for now (2 hr on streets and about an hour on the freeway) The funny thing is, the second time I rode the bike it was better than the first. Can't wait to take her to the tracks.
The sound is incredible. I cant believe a 250 can growl like that. I know the sound bytes are coming out but I truly believe that it's 10x better hearing it live than recorded. It's almost unbelievable. Although, it might be a little to loud for me as I don't want to get too much attention from the authorities. But I do enjoy the sound. It feels good like a shot of endorphins in your veins every time you hit that throttle. For real! I currently have the flat conical tip. But believe me when I say, she growls with emotion. She sounds mean. And it's not one of those high pitched sound but more of a heartfelt deep sound.
Area P has something good going for them. Mr. Bryant is such a wonderful person. Not because he chose my bike but the way he is. You got to meet him to believe it. Here are some pics and oh yeah, the diameter difference of the stock to race is huge. You saw it and heard it first here in ninjette.org.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ninja 250 Area P race exhaust dyno.jpg (60.5 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7270.jpg (92.7 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7277.jpg (75.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7283.jpg (69.4 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7284.jpg (104.0 KB, 85 views)
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 250 ninja race 18 inch muffler.mp3 (932.9 KB, 64 views)
sherjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #2
scotty
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): Yahama v star 650 classic

Looks good! 31 Hp! Not bad!!

Old January 26th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #3
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Nice! Sounds good too. 31hp at the wheels would be awesome on these bikes. That's about where I want mine to be at one day.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2011, 01:37 AM   #4
wayanlam

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

when i first put on the exhaust i thought i was going to deafen myself and the neighbors! i was so used to having such a quiet bike that when i started her up inside the garage i thought i must have gotten the wrong exhaust, and that maybe they sent me a 12" non quiet core exhaust, lol

after about a week of riding the bike i got used to the wonderful growl, and rarely do i hear such a good sounding ninja here in Bali (so far i think im the only one here with an areaP ).

the other locally made, or even the yoshi exhausts that the 250 owners get here often have this rather verbal after-tone kinda like cracking a whip, which sorta penetrates into the inner ear and isn't too pleasant.

from your pictures i notice that the header has been changed compared to what i have, and its now held together with springs where the two pipes join into one, where as mine, its all one single piece.

hope you have a great time with the bike and whatever you do on the track, make sure you dont slide out on your right side! "knocks on wood"

Old January 26th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #5
Powerlogix
ninjette.org member

Name: Binh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250

Congrats on the mods, sounds really nice.
Powerlogix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #6
sherjay
ninjette.org member

Name: Xtian

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlogix View Post
Congrats on the mods, sounds really nice.
Thanx
sherjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2011, 07:21 PM   #7
JMcDonald
ninjette.org sage

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

Nice! That looks like a really nice piece of work. Let us know the results when you try a full top-speed run .

Old January 26th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #8
wayanlam

lol, here we go again with the top speed! weeeeeeeee, haha, jk jk

Old January 26th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #9
JMcDonald
ninjette.org sage

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

Indeed, or at least there you gooooooooo :P .

Old January 30th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #10
kbryant
Area P

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Too many to list

Thank you for the kind words Arjay. New pictures and sound bytes with your very clean bike are now up on our website. Enjoy.

http://www.areapnolimits.com/product...-Race-2008.php
kbryant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2011, 02:25 AM   #11
wayanlam

o gosh, i havent been to kerrys website in a long time (very satisfied customer!) and now having read the info about this new exhaust... i get that feeling again like when i was still using the stock exhaust and was about to take the plunge and buy the AP exhaust!

the new higher position looks really good, but i dont think it would fit with the stock footrest to hang off. and i always ride the bike with my gf, hehe.

i did notice that the header pipes looked bigger in jays preview pics, but i wasn't sure if i was just imagining it.

and so a new breed of street "usable" race exhaust has been born from the hard labors of Kerry and his team!

Old February 7th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #12
Animal78
ninjette.org member

Name: Larry

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250(sold) 2000 Ninja 250 (sold) 2012 Ninja 250r 2020 Harley Sportster (rarely ridden)

That sounds insane! I have the Yoshi full system it's loud but that's even louder! I would bet the larger primary pipes help alot the Yosh system has smaller diameter piping and keeps that crossover balance tube.
Animal78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 28th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #13
MattRichling
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R Black

Im waiting on the 12' version right now. SO excited!
MattRichling is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 28th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #14
adri99an

Name: Donger

Motorcycle(s): "Is that a Ninjer 1000?"

Niiiiiiiiiicccceeeeee! WOW-----I'm jealous!
adri99an is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 28th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #15
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Sounds great! One more great product from Area P!
Snake is online now   Reply With Quote