ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old November 19th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #1
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Name: William

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja ZX-6R B/W

Low Beam Bulb Died

So remember that side of my light housing I was having problems with where I thought maybe the bulb was over heating and causing the crazing? Well that light just died the other day. Anyone recommend where to purchase this bulb or is it a common bulb that I could just find at autozone? I've been using the high beam bulb in the meantime but that's just not going to cut it.
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #2
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Autozone sells them it's a super common bulb. Takes 5 minutes to replace.

H7 12v 55w
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #3
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

I figured it was a common bulb, I looked at how it comes out too. Just wanted to be sure before I started messing with it.

Old November 19th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #4
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
11k miles?
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #5
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Last I checked i'm at 8.6k I think.

Old November 19th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #6
Little Green Machine
Love my kittehs!

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE

Well my friend, your in luck! You can purchase a Halogen H7 lightbulb from Autozone and pay 12 to 15 bucks for it, or you can drop by your local Walmart and pick one up for 10 bucks.

I had a similar problem, dropped by a 24 hour Walmart and got what I needed for the next days ride.

Remember: Do not touch the bulb with you bare hands, the new bulb that is! The oils from your skin will cause a heat riser in the glass of the bulb and cause it to blow out right where your fingers were.

Wear gloves, cause your going to touch that bulb in a lot of places just getting it into the housing.

Hope this helps? There was a good video on Youtube for this, and the guy shows exactly how to change it and what to do.
Little Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #7
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Obviously your odo is broken. The low beam only goes out at 11k
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #8
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Only explanation! Or maybe my bike has an old soul and likes to pretend she's older.

Old November 19th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #9
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Green Machine View Post
Well my friend, your in luck! You can purchase a Halogen H7 lightbulb from Autozone and pay 12 to 15 bucks for it, or you can drop by your local Walmart and pick one up for 10 bucks.

I had a similar problem, dropped by a 24 hour Walmart and got what I needed for the next days ride.

Remember: Do not touch the bulb with you bare hands, the new bulb that is! The oils from your skin will cause a heat riser in the glass of the bulb and cause it to blow out right where your fingers were.

Wear gloves, cause your going to touch that bulb in a lot of places just getting it into the housing.

Hope this helps? There was a good video on Youtube for this, and the guy shows exactly how to change it and what to do.
Thanks for the tips! I'll probably stop at walmart next to campus and get a cheap pair of latex gloves or something after class and get it done in the parking lot.

Old November 19th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #10
Little Green Machine
Love my kittehs!

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE

No problem, the worst part i had with it was to get the retaining clip back on the backside of the bulb. I had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to hold it because of the position you have to be in to get it back in place.
Little Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #11
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Just DON'T throw the bulb away until you get the new one in there unless you make sure the little adapter piece is not still on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Green Machine View Post

I believe I saw the video you are talking about and it edits out the adapter piece. This would cause people to throw theirs away. Even if they don't they may pull their hair out in frustration while following the guide to the letter when they would have done better if they never saw the video.

It needs to die. The OP wouldn't even mention it in the description and acted like the everyone is going to follow the back-and-forth in the comments sections on their mobile devices and such.

If you already know of it's inadequacies, watching it just to see where to reach/manipulate is acceptable.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote