ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old March 13th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #1
seis gunnar
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R SE Lime Green

Recon Instruments HUD

Recon Instruments, who built a HUD into a ski goggle, is finally looking into making one for MC use. I stumbled across a link to the survey on their Facebook page. It is a typical, information/market research survey, but the more responses they get the better for us.

http://bit.ly/AjA8W5

The link will jump you to a Google doc, with the survey.

Jon
seis gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:57 AM   #2
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2003 Honda CBR600RR

I think it would be awesome to have a HUD inside of a helmet, I would totally be in once something like this was available in the market at a reasonable price

Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:15 AM   #3
razorgamez
ninjette.org member

Name: Neal

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250r

One thing I want them to fix is that, their current device generates quite a bit of heat after a while...you don't feel it when you are skiing etc but if you for example go in for a hot coffee or something and leave the goggles on, u can feel the heat.

Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:57 AM   #4
Liist
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I would love a speed indicator in my visor so I stop looking down at the instrument cluster to avoid speeding and instead look down the road. This is the future of technology and I would love to be at the cutting edge.
Liist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:49 PM   #5
razorgamez
ninjette.org member

Name: Neal

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250r

As far as I can tell from ripping mine apart...no it does not have an internal heater. So its a waste in terms of energy. In terms of integrating it into a motorcycle helmet, they need to make sure the heat dissipates away from the face....it gets really uncomfy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
That can be an advantage for skiing or other cold climes. The gopro has an internal heater to keep the battery warm. Cold rechargables lose voltage, ie they will go dead just from the cold. Keeping it warm can keep the battery life longer (it requires some minor math to compare current draw vs current loss due to temperature to see if its useful). This is why your mobile phone should be in an internal jacket pocket instead of a backpack or external pocket in the cold - so the battery lasts longer.

With that said a thermistor could be added to any additional heat source so that it turns off when its warmer (or the heater just gets less power so its not a binary on/off).

Now their thing may not have any additional heater it may just have that much waste energy which means improving efficiency may help with that and then have some thermistor regulated add on heater for the battery life issue.