ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old June 30th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #1
peng155
ninjette.org newbie

Name: peng

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Corbin seat question

Hey all...

I picked up a use Corbin seat this past winter and finally got it installed... I had been riding on the stock seat until now..

When I had my stock seat on, I was able to sit back a bit further, and the stock seat cover had enough grip on it to allow me to stay in postion with out to much trouble... Now that I've gotten the Corbin seat installed the material that the seat is covered with is pretty slippery.. such that when I brake I'm sliding forward towards the middle of the seat...

Is my riding postion wrong by sitting to far back?? I like sitting back a bit farther because it allows me to stretch my body out more... when I'm sitting in the middle of the seat I feel all bunched together.. Do I just need to get used to the new riding postion??

Thx....
peng155 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #2
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

it is good practice and proper riding technique to squeeze the tank with your knees to prevent sliding forward. by squeezing the tank, you also allow your body to remain in proper riding position (core tight, and loose on the handle bars)
Gorilla25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:08 AM   #3
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

The seat will wear in a bit as well. Also don't put any kind of conditioner or Armor all types on it. Those will make it crazy slippery. Ask me how I know...

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:01 AM   #4
EsrTek

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

Previous owner may have put something on the seat making it slippery...try the gripping w knees first. If that don't work enough you might want to rough up the leather on seat a bit adding texture (eg grip) to it.
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:06 AM   #5
peng155
ninjette.org newbie

Name: peng

Motorcycle(s): None yet

hey Guy's

Thanks for the input thus far... I don't think the orginal owner put anything on the seat.. I went to the Corbin site and it looks like the material the orginal owner had the seat covered with is what Corbin calls their Carbon-Fiber Hi-Gloss black... The Corbin site say's that the surface is treated to give it a shinier apperance... which to me means smoother, and slipperier

I also think the other problem may be my Motosport riding pants, and the cordura matierial that they are made of.... put two slippery surfaces together and you're gonna slid around...

I dont have any grip pads for the area where my knees would grip the frame.. when I did try I had the same problem due to the low texture of the plastic material in that area... so I guess that'll be my next mod to the bike at this point...

I'm looking at the Techspec products either in the Snakeskin, or C3 texture to remedy my problem, they also offer a seat pad in the same material I may try.

Techspec.. http://techspec-usa.com/product_info...roducts_id=145
peng155 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:26 PM   #6
EsrTek

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by peng155 View Post
hey Guy's
I'm looking at the Techspec products either in the Snakeskin, or C3 texture to remedy my problem, they also offer a seat pad in the same material I may try.

Techspec.. http://techspec-usa.com/product_info...roducts_id=145
I tried the c3's (still on bike) but for my riding they = Useless mod..
I can see how they would help grip the bike when on a track, but for everyday commuting and my 6'1" body my knees never seem to touch em.
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote