ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old November 4th, 2010, 10:31 AM   #1
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Ach 11-6-10

I'll be hit g up ACH this Saturday as I am done with my msf so my Saturdays are free again. I'll go up from sunland up Big T then to ACH, take 9 mile down to Wilson as it is a great stretch of road then up to newcombs stop ogle bikes and have a coke then up to wrightwood for coffee and grub at grizzly bear cafe. Any one is welcome to come, only rules are it's not a race so ride yir own ride and don't be a douche about stuff.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 6th, 2010, 05:56 PM   #2
Havok
Internet Slut

Well I guess they don't want us playing up there anymore. They put gravel all on the tunagas making the ride up to AHC troublesome and slow. ACH was good and I had a quite fast run up to newcombs. From newcombs up to wright wood was sketchy though, the wind was swirling and hard and there were lots of rocks in the road, slow and careful was the word on that road. It was good taking it slow as the views to the desert were beautiful. Once at wrightwood the idea of going down ach with the rocks the swirling wind and controlling speed on a downgrade only to have to do the same on the gravel part I decided to just head down lone pines to the freeway. It was a nice enough run and I had a blast bit it would seem that ACH is done for this year unless they open it up from flintridge as the gravel is just not worth it.

Old November 6th, 2010, 09:15 PM   #3
Agustin
ninjette.org member

Name: Agustin

Motorcycle(s): 1993 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (sold), 2007 Yamaha R1, 2003 Suzuki GSXR-600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Well I guess they don't want us playing up there anymore. They put gravel all on the tunagas making the ride up to AHC troublesome and slow. ACH was good and I had a quite fast run up to newcombs. From newcombs up to wright wood was sketchy though, the wind was swirling and hard and there were lots of rocks in the road, slow and careful was the word on that road. It was good taking it slow as the views to the desert were beautiful. Once at wrightwood the idea of going down ach with the rocks the swirling wind and controlling speed on a downgrade only to have to do the same on the gravel part I decided to just head down lone pines to the freeway. It was a nice enough run and I had a blast bit it would seem that ACH is done for this year unless they open it up from flintridge as the gravel is just not worth it.
Don't give up on ACH, Tujunga is iffy depending on how much construction has been going on during the week, that's where all the gravel comes from. I've been riding up there regularly for the past three months since I haven't had much free time to escape to San Diego. It's been clear for the most part with the exception of two times.
Agustin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 6th, 2010, 11:10 PM   #4
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustin View Post
Don't give up on ACH, Tujunga is iffy depending on how much construction has been going on during the week, that's where all the gravel comes from. I've been riding up there regularly for the past three months since I haven't had much free time to escape to San Diego. It's been clear for the most part with the exception of two times.
With the weather turning it's looking like it may be the end for this year. It's not just the gravel. We will see but it looks like it's coastal riding or perhaps palomar next weekend if the so cal meet and greet does t happen.