ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old January 1st, 2009, 02:14 PM   #1
fishguy
rack maker

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '07 Ninja 250

What I've done...

Bought my '07 new for a song in mid-March '08. I've put about 12k miles on is since and made a few changes.

First change was a new windscreen from Mike's Shields. Went with a new style he was just starting to think through. Really reduced the buffeting at speed and I think looks pretty good.

Next swapped the front sprocket to a 15 tooth which I really like... makes the power much more usable for the driving I do.

Also added a mount for my Nuvi and clock...

I needed some luggage for commuting and touring. It went through a few iterations before I finally got it dialed in to just what I want.

Started out with a rack and a sissybar (for my 5yo daughter).

Added some saddlebags and a soft-cooler tailbag and went camping...

Had to move the rear signals to accommodate the bags.

It all worked great but I wanted something a little more secure for my commute so I took off the sissybar and added one of the super special $47 large top cases from JCW

I wanted a bit more light on the rear because we get very dense fog here in the winter I want to be seen! So, I bought some LED strips from superbrightleds.com and went to work.

now I have extra running lights

Brake lights

and blinkers

Had to change tires at 4800 because I was to the cords on the stock crap tires. Went with the Kenda 671's and have been very happy with them. Have 7+k on them now and it looks like I'll get another 2-3k. They stick way better than stock and are cheap... will definitely replace them with the same.

I replaced the rear shock with the air shock from a ZX600. Very nice change. Just need to do some front suspension work now!

Let's see, only other mod I think is the Vista Cruise. I didn't go the usual route with the universal because I think it's ugly as sin lol. I found a way that you can trim down and instal the normal type for a honda or yamaha... just takes trimming off the tap on the vista cruise, doing a bit of sanding on the throttle sleeve, drilling a hole and pushing in a roll pin. I'll see if I can find a picture for that one if anyone is interested..
fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 1st, 2009, 02:39 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Looks great! Really like the look of the custom LED lights on the back of the topcase. The shield looks to be just about the perfect size as well.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 1st, 2009, 04:45 PM   #3
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tor

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r (*sold*), 2010 Daytona 675

Sorry, I have to..

Your daughter is adorable!
GreezMunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 2nd, 2009, 07:43 AM   #4
sprale
Dead-thread Necromancer!

Name: Levon

Motorcycle(s): K5 V-Strom

My little girl turns four next June. She's such a lightweight, I think she'll be sitting in front of me for a bit longer. I have a Ventura rack and a Givi top case, but I don't really trust her on the rear until she can wrap her arms around my waist. Probably just being paranoid.
sprale is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:24 AM   #5
fishguy
rack maker

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '07 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprale View Post
My little girl turns four next June. She's such a lightweight, I think she'll be sitting in front of me for a bit longer. I have a Ventura rack and a Givi top case, but I don't really trust her on the rear until she can wrap her arms around my waist. Probably just being paranoid.
I have a piece of nylon webbing with a couple loops that straps around my torso for her to hang on to. Works great. The saddle bags I have also have large grab handles right next to her and they're level with the seat and extend about 6" on each side. Only time I had any worries was when she had a hard time staying awake on the way home from that camping trip... made lots of stops.

They also make that harness for kids which literally straps them to your back. Sounds great in theory but I really don't think it's a good idea to have her strapped to me if the unthinkable were to happen.
fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:33 AM   #6
sprale
Dead-thread Necromancer!

Name: Levon

Motorcycle(s): K5 V-Strom

I have saddlebags with big handles too, same trouble with her getting tired. I'd love to get another Ninjette and add a sidecar For now, she's little enough to sit in front of me. I'm thinking about adding bar risers to give her more room. I have to keep my modular helmet open as well.

I've seen the attaching jackets, same reservations. If I roll, I might crush her. I ride in our neighborhood only for now. Her pre-school is too far away at her age to ride the bike with me, elementary school is on our regular loop, can't wait!
sprale is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 2nd, 2009, 03:16 PM   #7
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

I saw an item in one of the dozens of catalogs I have gotten in the mail--unsolicited-- This is a set of auxiliary handlebars that attach to the tank using the gas filler neck. It looked like a great solution. It is supposed to be used by the passenger on a sportbike. I have narrowed it down to Dennis Kirk and Chaparral. If I find it, I will post it on the forum.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote