ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old January 7th, 2009, 05:59 PM   #1
muffinman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Arthur

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R (sold), '05 ZX6R / 636

GYEA! I might get my Ninja early... Washingtonians, help me out! [UPDATE - bought it]

UPDATE: I found a used 2008 Kawi Green 250R with Yoshimura slip-on exhaust with ~2,000 miles from an authorized dealership for $3,299. I placed a deposit on it and will be picking it up on Tuesday. It is in absolute mint condition and is a 1-owner trade-in... never been dropped.

I'm a cash buyer so I'm hoping to get it down to $3,200... is that a good deal? Also, the manuf. warranty expires in April/May '09 - any reason to extend it? The sales manager told me that the bikes are extremely reliable but recommended that I purchase a service contract. With fees/tax/title/docs, I'm looking at $3600 OTD

------------------------------

Hey dudes and dudettes,

I was planning on putting down a deposit and waiting like everyone else before picking up the 250 in the spring but I just found out my local dealer has two (red and blue '09s on the lot) and some limited edition greens due in about a month

I'm thinking, if possible, picking one up now before the spring frenzy might be better for me... since the guy has 2 on the lot and it is the Pacific Northwest (middle of a snow/rain blizzard, middle of winter), do you guys think it's possible to pay less than MSRP?

Also, in real life / in general, what color do you find is more "visible" during day/dusk/night between red & blue? Main reason I wanted lime was because of how loud the color is to cagers.

I know paying below MSRP is unheard of in places like Cali and whatnot, but I'm hoping some Washington peeps can fill me in on pricing

Thanks

Last futzed with by muffinman; January 17th, 2009 at 04:02 PM.
muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 7th, 2009, 06:47 PM   #2
zartan
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

lime is the best
also where in WA are you? Last time I looked Monroe Powersports had 2 in a special and blue I think. Ask them what the best deal is??? They are fair. Ask for Aaron the boss. I can't say if they will discount but if you live close by it might be worth a call to get a price. I really like them and we have gotten 3 bikes from them last year alone.. tell them Starla sent ya.

Old January 7th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #3
NJD022588
============

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

I would say that red stands out more than blue. The blue seems to blend in more at dusk/night.
NJD022588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 7th, 2009, 09:16 PM   #4
Viper-Byte
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R in Green! (Sold) Now 2011 Triumph Daytona 675 SE

muffinman, you will not regret getting a ninette

I got the green as I looked at all the other colours and that was the only one that really stood out (I like colours that stand out) and the dealer had JUST got it in that day

And the green is the faster of the colours

Out of the red and blue, I am not sure which would stand out more.

The prices in NZ have gone up by about NZD$800 since I got mine during the winter (it is now summer here) so the prices may well go up during spring, I don't know.
Viper-Byte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2009, 07:44 PM   #5
muffinman
ninjette.org guru

Thanks!

Zartan - I'll hit them up to see what they have available.. thanks for the heads up. Would you mind sharing how much you paid for yours via PM?

Also, I found a used like-new green 2008 250R with 1600 miles posted for $3600. What would be a fair offer for this bike?

Old January 11th, 2009, 08:04 PM   #6
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
Also, I found a used like-new green 2008 250R with 1600 miles posted for $3600. What would be a fair offer for this bike?
Personally, I think that's a great price if the bike has no damage and all maintenance is up to date.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2009, 08:53 PM   #7
zartan
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Personally, I think that's a great price if the bike has no damage and all maintenance is up to date.
Yes what kkim said ...
and I had to buy MY ninja from another dealer because Monroe told me they were not getting the green one I had a deposit on until July. And Kawi Corp was sketchy on that.

Monroe was great, they told me right away and said go try to find another one. We try to do all our business there. for sure.!!
I found 2 in the area with the same pricing.

I think it was like 4500 OTD or close because of our freakin sales tax. that was $399 alone. We do not pay state taxes here so Sales tax is high
and licencing.
Bellevue, everything costs more, but it came with the cowl.
They charged me the total set up fee 453.00 just because they could . demand was so high no dickering. I had cash( actually green cash), didn't matter. They hosed me but I went willingly because I did not want to wait a whole summer for a bike, and still maybe not get one. I either paid the piper or not have it at all.

Sometimes you just give in. But I got to ride ALL summer

Old January 12th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #8
kkim

So, MM... did you pick up the bike? lemme guess... it was already sold?

Old January 12th, 2009, 03:48 PM   #9
muffinman
ninjette.org guru

thanks zartan... yeah, i feel you on that - i live in the eastside and when it comes to "luxury" goods, the prices seem to be inflated here. sucks.

haha kelly, nope, not yet... i'm waiting to hear back from the guy with the '08 lime - think i might've scared him off with a lowball. if not, i'm just going to wait for the '09 green; pretty much have my heart set on that color at this point.

Old January 12th, 2009, 04:15 PM   #10
muffinman
ninjette.org guru

just got a response... everything sounds good but he does not have the title in hand. he financed the bike and the bank holds the title. what's the best way of going about this transaction so i don't get screwed?

i was thinking i could have him sign of a bill of sale stating he'll forward me the title as soon as he gets it but the contract wouldn't mean much, since he's not the owner and doesn't have rights to the title (the bank does)

Old January 12th, 2009, 04:22 PM   #11
kkim

go to the bank with him that holds the title, pay him the money, let him pay off the loan and have the bank hand you the title as the new owner. Go back to the bike and ride away.

Does the bank have the title physically there or is it at another location?

Old January 12th, 2009, 04:24 PM   #12
Broom
Track Junkie

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r Track Bike, DR350 commuter, KDX220 woods bike

google bill of sale for your state. you can find a free download of a binding contract. print two copies and you both keep one. pay him, he sends the payoff to the lender and sends you the title when it gets in.

Old January 12th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #13
muffinman
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom View Post
google bill of sale for your state. you can find a free download of a binding contract. print two copies and you both keep one. pay him, he sends the payoff to the lender and sends you the title when it gets in.
thanks broom, that's what i was thinking of doing but because he does not actually own the title and has no claim to it (the bank does), signing that contract with him supposedly means little.

kkim - i'm not sure, i'll have to ask him.

Old January 12th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #14
muffinman
ninjette.org guru

Quick question - the used bike I mentioned earlier.. it comes with a jet kit. I'm a total noob at riding... will reverting back to stock make riding the bike easier/safer for me? How much faster is it with a jet kit? The seller said it provides for a smoother power delivery so if anything, it's better for noobs

Old January 12th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #15
kkim

I would agree a properly jetted bike with a jet kit is easier to ride than the stock lean jetted bike. To me, this is a plus if the kit was installed correctly and the bike runs fine. Have you test ridden the bike yet?

Old January 16th, 2009, 07:09 PM   #16
muffinman
ninjette.org guru

update:

if all goes right, i should have a 2008 green 250R by sunday! then it's the sucky part.. waiting a month to take MSF classes before i can actually ride it.

Old January 17th, 2009, 03:44 PM   #17
muffinman
ninjette.org guru

UPDATE: I found a used 2008 Kawi Green 250R with Yoshimura slip-on exhaust with ~2,000 miles from an authorized dealership for $3,299. I placed a deposit on it and will be picking it up on Tuesday. It is in absolute mint condition and is a 1-owner trade-in... never been dropped.

I'm a cash buyer so I'm hoping to get it down to $3,200... is that a good deal? Also, the manuf. warranty expires in April/May '09 - any reason to extend it? The sales manager told me that the bikes are extremely reliable but recommended that I purchase a service contract. With fees/tax/title/docs, I'm looking at $3600 OTD