ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old July 20th, 2009, 09:47 PM   #1
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

Anybody have these mirrors?

I've been wanting to get some aftermarket mirrors for quite some time. I don't really like the flat ones the pregens come stock with, and they're crap when it comes to visibility! Anybody ever used these mirrors? Do they fit well and give you any added visibility? I do like the way they look quite a bit more than the stock ones! Thanks in advance!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-...Q5fAccessories

Old July 21st, 2009, 01:44 AM   #2
komohana

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 05 GSX-R 600 2003 EX250: Woodcraft Bars, Levers, Mirrors, Shim'd Mixture, Synthetic, '08 Rear Shock

this is the first time i've seen those. i got me some sporty replacement mirrors cuz i wanted to change mines too. something to keep in mind is that the stock mirror mounts are also mount points for the upper fairing. the mirrors i got didn't mount exactly like the stock ones. they used different hard ware, requiring a nut and washer up under there that forced me to remove the windscreen to TRY and access the bolt w/the nut. bottom line, i'm never removing my upper fairing again!

Remember when sex was safe
and motorcycles were dangerous?
komohana is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 21st, 2009, 10:29 PM   #3
P1NDLESK1N
ninjette.org member

Name: Dario

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 (Sold), 2016 Z1000

I'm actually pretty curious about them myself, SpyderGirl has the ones with the intergrated signals on her newgen. (post #25)

Almost anything would look better than the stock ones.
P1NDLESK1N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2009, 12:13 AM   #4
Verus Cidere

Quote:
Originally Posted by komohana View Post
this is the first time i've seen those. i got me some sporty replacement mirrors cuz i wanted to change mines too. something to keep in mind is that the stock mirror mounts are also mount points for the upper fairing. the mirrors i got didn't mount exactly like the stock ones. they used different hard ware, requiring a nut and washer up under there that forced me to remove the windscreen to TRY and access the bolt w/the nut. bottom line, i'm never removing my upper fairing again!
I had some like the ones you have and had the same problem. When I took my little fall a couple of months ago I found out the biggest downside to the fact that they only pivot right underneath the mirror itself. I literally sheared off one of the bolts on the mounting end, so it would spin around in a circle on the bike. That, and it cracked my fairing when it happened too. As long as you don't fall it shouldn't be a problem. Just letting you know.

I'd take a picture of what I'm talking about, but the only camera I have access to isn't working atm. I was looking at these because they have 2 pivot points.

Old August 9th, 2009, 12:32 PM   #5
Strider
Back on the Black!

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (Black)

Anyone ever get a set and put these on a pre-gen bike?
i'm wondering if they would look good on my 06...

Old August 10th, 2009, 12:02 AM   #6
Verus Cidere

I'm planning on it, but it's low on the list of mods to come.