ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Notices

Old October 20th, 2022, 08:23 PM   #1
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I had a good ride !

Howdy all !
Yesterday I had a good ride on the RX4 ! took it down the freeway at 75~80mph and cruised to the liquor store about 20 miles away !
and I topped off the gas tank at $6.29 a gallon and rode home the back roads
I had no problems at all !
t'was a good ride ! I did notice that the bike was super agile at 75~80mph
more so than any bike I have ever ridden .... and I attribute that to the Adventure style rake and trail of the front forks as it does turn easy when going slow for such a heavy machine ! this may mean that an 18 wheeler can blow me all over the place on a windy day !.... the Triumph is like it's on rails at that speed.....
a whopping 205 miles on it now !.... at this rate it will be 3 years before I need to do an oil change ! lol
Bob.....

Old October 20th, 2022, 11:29 PM   #2
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Glad you had a good ride.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 21st, 2022, 12:14 AM   #3
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Hay Kerry ! haven't hurd much from you.... lately what's up ?!?!?
in fact I haven't hurd much of anything here lately..... maybe I am just not looking at the right place but it seems kind'a dead ....
maybe everyone is getting ready for winter ...or the promised financial onslaught that everyone on youtube has been promising us !
I think I'll take the Ninja out tomorrow and get a ride in before winter
I like that little bike a WHOLE LOT !!! only thing I Don't like about it is having to work on it is so darn hard ! but man it goes like a bat out'a hell ! LOL
it's only got 5k miles on it (still) but that bike is just plane cool !
Bob........

Old October 21st, 2022, 08:56 AM   #4
thedrewski86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2007 SV650S 2005 EX250F

Good to hear Bob
The forums have been a little quiet, eh? I think a lot of us folks who don't care for social media find forums as an outlet, but we are probably in the minority. It's also quite possible that as the ninjette ages, so do the owners/riders, lowering the online presence. I feel like I have less and less to post about as all I have to do is ride the little thing

Old October 21st, 2022, 11:07 AM   #5
CaliGrrl

I've taken my Ninja out a couple of times this week, for errands, and for work. Not much to report about it, but she is getting a bit of action. Sent my friend's carbs to ducatiman to make them happy again so her bike will run. We think it's a carb problem. It idles, but won't rev.

Old October 21st, 2022, 03:35 PM   #6
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

HAHA ! yah seems the Ninja's age better than people !
I fired up the Ninja the other day even though it hasn't ran much, turned on the choke turned on the key and hit the start button and it fired right up and started climbing in RPM like it usually does I let it go like that till it hit 3500RPM and I closed the choke and gave it some throttle at first it was reluctant to take throttle but as she warmed up she got better in about 30 to 45 seconds she was running and taking throttle normally she's slow on the throttle response till she's up to tempiture usually
which makes me think your on the right track Cali with your friends Ninja
mine did that a few times... just would not take throttle for love nor money
so I pulled the carbs and cleaned them a 3rd time ! and finally I got them to work.....

that's one thing that bugs me about the 2012 Ninja 250R that I have
it's slow throttle response when it's cold I wonder is that also a symptom of "dirty carbs"...... once warm it grabs the RPM's incredibly fast but much slower when you first start it, and it takes a long time to warm up.
.... and I discovered the gas gauge was being reluctant to work again
....it needs ridden she doesn't like to set for long periods of time it seems !

Hope you guys are getting ready for winter it's getting here fast
nights are getting close to freezing up here and days in the low 70's
in a few weeks that 70's will drop to the 40's and that will be all the bike riding for me for the year.... I hate the cold ! so get your riding in now as this great weather is not going to last much longer !
Bob.....

Old October 22nd, 2022, 11:57 AM   #7
CaliGrrl

I'm hoping to take the bike to work tomorrow in spite of it looking like quite a long day. We have one show to do (three hours long) and then we will disassemble everything and pack it back into its truck to go back to the rental house. Not sure how long that will take. Luckily the show is a matinee, 1pm. Hoping it won't be too cold coming home. I have a good jacket but my pants that I wear for work aren't as warm as the normal riding pants I wear.

And I agree with your assessment that the Ninjas don't like to sit. She wants to be ridden.

Old October 22nd, 2022, 06:27 PM   #8
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

LOL I woke up to cloudy skys and light rain this morning ! I had no idea that was coming!
I missed the boat on that one ! .... ahh well I did get the covers on the motorcycles
before it rained.... but I had no idea it would actually RAIN.... first rain sense AGES ago !
it's been a very dry summer here ! Our little lake Shastina is nowhere to be seen anymore....you have to go looking for it just to see it now....
Shasta lake is way, way, down as well....
WE definitely need the water !so I won't complain ! LOL

I need to get a cover for my 2012 Ninja 250R... does anyone have a recommendation ?
seems it was in the shop for so long I neglected to get one for it !
I'm not rich, so I need a cheap one that can handle snow !
Bob........

Old October 23rd, 2022, 10:08 AM   #9
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

At one point the cheapest cover that tolerates a hot exhaust was a $6 grill cover from Walmart but these days they cost as much as a $15-20 motorcycle dust cover (the kind that don’t tolerate heat).
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2022, 11:48 AM   #10
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Humm never thought of a Bar B Q cover ! LOL heheheh I could see where that would actually work on the Short Ninja ! but I think I will just put it in the shed....
I did let it get rained on last night and yesterday a bit... as I've been wanting to take it out for a spin...
I think I've decided to sell the RX4 now and try to get $4000.00 for it
as I don't need 3 bikes ( i just want them LOL) if I can sell it I will get a TT250
and LOWER it as much as Humanly possable and then buy some Wood pellets for winter... as they have gone way up this year... instead of $5.99 a bag they are $7.49 a bag on line ...and that's just the price hike over the summer
.... but I have to have heat this winter.... heating the house this winter may well be hard to do.... and I don't want to have to buy them every time I go to town like I have done in the past.... getting 2 tons delivered is the only way to go ! but 2 tons isn't quite enough ! ....
Anyway.... I see Mt Shasta has gotten some snow over night.... not much but it is something... which means bike riding is probably done for the year for me... Phittttt !
oh well.

anyone want to buy a RX4 ? lol
later all
Bob......

Old October 23rd, 2022, 12:13 PM   #11
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Sell RX4
Get Vulcan 500LTD.
Lighter, lower seat, more suited for you.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2022, 06:27 PM   #12
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

nah ! don't like the looks of that thing Danno ! and it's a cruiser.... I have 2 cruisers besides the RX4 the Triumph750 and the Ninja... both can cruise !
I want to Play in the dirt but I gott'a ride it to the dirt....
but I might find an older DR 650 single or even a XRL 650 again
but that XRL had a 34"seat height and it looked strange after I lowered it ! LOL
a DR650 is really what I want but they are hard as heck to find anymore
if you do find one there 700 miles away !!!
but I should be able to get one of those for $3500 +- i'd think.
but a TT250 I could get for half that to my door but their definitely not a powerhouse and I would miss that alot ! so I am thinking a DR650 now...
I know they are old school but they can be hopped up to wheely at the twist of the throttle and that is what I want....if I can get it .... you can't find 2 stroke bikes that you can afford anymore ....
knowing me I'll just keep the RX4 and live with it because it's what I got now! HAHAHAHHA
Bob.....

Old October 24th, 2022, 08:22 AM   #13
thedrewski86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2007 SV650S 2005 EX250F

I like your original idea of selling the rx4... do it and invest in the Triumph and Ninja! Those are the best, and they handle all the biking needs anyone really has.

Old October 24th, 2022, 08:41 AM   #14
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

I agree BUT..... that doesn't give me any dirt riding ability.... although I could ride the Kids TT250 as it's setting 99.9% of the time anyway and the Kid says Ride it Dad ! .... so I just might be doing just that ! I don't know !
I did put an add on Cregs list up here listing it at $4000.00 but the only person that would be interested in that is a person that was going to buy a new one and wants to save some money.... and to be quite honest a CSC is not a popular brand ! ....so I guess we'll see LOL...
I left the Ninja out so I could take it for a good ride but the weather turned cold and rainy and I've been waiting for it to warm back up.... it only got to 50 deg. here yesterday ! and that's a bit nippy at 65 to 70 mph !
I don't remember what the numbers are for figuring wind chill factor but I've used the figure of 30 to 40 degrees colder at speed that makes it down right frosty ! and I hate getting cold any more i just seize up...my joints don't want to move and when I do move it hurts like heck !
(don't get old guys it sucks ! )
anyway.... maybe that would be the best move... just sell the RX4 and put the money in the bank ...it would be nice to have more than 50 bucks in the bank come payday again ! LOL
and just ride the Kids bike .
What ever..... it's no biggy .... just something I'm mulling over !
later !
Bob........

Old October 24th, 2022, 08:42 AM   #15
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
nah ! don't like the looks of that thing Danno ! and it's a cruiser.... I have 2 cruisers besides the RX4 the Triumph750 and the Ninja... both can cruise !
I want to Play in the dirt but I gott'a ride it to the dirt....
try this

Link to original page on YouTube.

DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2022, 09:22 AM   #16
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

That is TEMPTING.....getting rid of all those fairings and putting on real handle bars..... I could really get off on that !!!! I know I could handle that little thing in the dirt, heck I'm bigger than it is ! HA ! although finding those knobbie tires might be a real challenge! but I could see that working .... a dirt bike that could go over 100mph would be a real challenge to build ! Hummmmm
....I bet I could do it ! but it's a real big challenge !
Ninja dirt bike ???? that just sounds wrong !
HAHAHAHAH
Bob......

Old October 24th, 2022, 09:26 AM   #17
CaliGrrl

My husband has a DR650. Solid bike. He takes it off into the dirt sometimes. Dual sports have seats as soft as concrete, though, which is unfortunate.

I'm excited- one of the guys at work just got his M1, and told me last night he bought a Ninjette.

Old October 24th, 2022, 11:05 AM   #18
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Yah ! they started making the seats out of concrete a long way back ! I remember back in the 1970's taking a long bread knife to more than one of my bike seats ! then and only then could I ride it all day ! the foam they use is super dense and needs a softer layer over it so I cut a good 2" off the seat and added a inch layer of soft open cell foam to it and then recovered it... lowered the seat and made it softer in one move ! HAHAHAHA ! it made that old Honda 305 so much better riding ! it also had springs under it and I rearranged them
to allow the seat to bow a bit.... that was the cat's Meow I tell ya !
now with the RX4 it has a 2" sheet of hard foam and a 1/4" thin sheet of soft
foam over that and there is NO ROOM to cut it down at all... alot like the Ninja seat.... you just can't do anything to them ! the triumph's seat is a metal pan
so there's no give but it is a comfy seat to begin with, so it's not a problem.
But that ninja seat is a wide kotex on there and that is supposed to be a seat !
it boggles the mind ! I guess it's so fast your not supposed to be on it long ! HAHAHAHAH !
Dirt bike seats are an after thought most of the time... I guess your supposed to be standing up all the time on these modern ones ! the ones on the KTM's or Honda's are just plane silly ! I like the old style !
34" seat height on the Honda 450 is laughable for me I would have to dismount when I stopped ! when I had my 86' XR650L Honda I road it a few times to see if I could do it and I gave up trying ....I made a new lower link for it and lowered it about 4" and then it was fine ! ya don't need 12" of ground clearance ! 8" is all ya need really.... heck I've done real good with only 3" of ground clearance at times...but you do use the crash pan when their that low ! HEHEHE !
I remember riding the XR650L up on backbone road by shasta lake one time
I was enjoying the ride and came to the top of a hill and decided to stop and take a brake and promptly fell over ! that was when I said enough is enough !..... and lowered it !
that bike reminded me of my Honda 90cc it putted real nicely but it just had alot more putt ! burry the throttle and it would go but not enough to wheelie
or anything like that, and I expected for it being a 650 it would, but nope it was a real docile machine !.... and it would barely do 70mph ! it was a strange machine.... but I expect the DR650 is alot like that ! but they can be fixed to really haul butt but you gott'a know the tricks ! I do on the DR650
heheheheh ! i didn't have the XR650L long enough to do any mods.... it melted when the house burned down.... along with 14 other bikes !
it's like "Ah well, ya win some and ya loose some !" but that really hurt !
.....lost 50 years of accumulation that day and no insurance....
I have insurance now though !
let that be a lesson to ya ! get insurance on your house and possessions !
don't be like I was and say "I can't afford it".... you can't afford not to !
Later !
Bob.......

I like the idea of turning the Ninja into a dirt bike ! HAHAHAHAHA !

Old March 3rd, 2024, 04:52 AM   #19
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

is this another bot Jim ? kind'a looks like it to me LOL....
Bob......

Old March 3rd, 2024, 06:01 AM   #20
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Yes
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 3rd, 2024, 07:27 AM   #21
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

figures !
but I have to wonder if it's truly an A.I. if so I should answer the question
so it can learn.... but I really doubt that it's just a news bot that has been modified so it's not learning at all
..... I guess if it responds we'll know eh?
Bob........

Old March 3rd, 2024, 09:53 AM   #22
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
All it's doing is regurgitating some items in previous posts and putting them in the form of a question. Not very "I" if it's "AI".
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote