ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old September 20th, 2013, 01:07 PM   #201
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
^^ @Big Alex A-dog!, put that one on the splash page yo!
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #202
2WheelGuy

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): '98 EX250, '02 EX250, '08 250r, '03 SV650, '98 GSXR750 '03 Hayabusa, '87 YSR50, '84 ZX900, +MORE

Thunderhill Raceway, Turn 2 a couple of weeks ago:

AFM #278
2WheelGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #203
RacerX113
ninjette.org member

Name: Doug

Motorcycle(s): Triumph Thruxton, Ninja 250

Very cool pics 2wheelGuy.

By the way how do you like the Bell RS-1? I can't find one locally to try on, but I've heard they fit similar to the narrower Arais, which fits me well.
RacerX113 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2013, 10:35 PM   #204
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

My bp gets worse and worse but my lap times go down. I have no idea what i'm doing. lol. I used to lean my body and head down much more than this.

I feel my crash was partially caused by this bp that day. When I got tired with that bp, I relied on my arms more.

Anyway.. Something to work on.

Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2013, 09:31 AM   #205
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
^^^ we see that with racers in pictures.

You're more used to the bike and can feel it more because you're getting faster and more comfortable. I think you're finding that you have your own style and can focus on carving instead of focusing on the form. If you're getting faster and it works for you, who cares if your form is 'textbook' or not? look at the MotoGP and the TT guys. They're not all 'textbook'. They all have some freakin weird BP at times haha
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 21st, 2013, 09:43 AM   #206
2WheelGuy

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): '98 EX250, '02 EX250, '08 250r, '03 SV650, '98 GSXR750 '03 Hayabusa, '87 YSR50, '84 ZX900, +MORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX113 View Post
Very cool pics 2wheelGuy.

By the way how do you like the Bell RS-1? I can't find one locally to try on, but I've heard they fit similar to the narrower Arais, which fits me well.
I really like my Bell RS-1. It replaced my Arai Profile and I like it much better. The fit is very similar. It is quieter, the shield change is MUCH MUCH MUCH easier, I really like the magnetic strap holder. I like their graphics choices too, and the price is fair.

Full disclosure: I am sponsored by Bell but I really do like their helmets.
AFM #278

Last futzed with by 2WheelGuy; September 21st, 2013 at 10:58 AM.
2WheelGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2013, 02:44 PM   #207
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post

You're more used to the bike and can feel it more because you're getting faster and more comfortable. I think you're finding that you have your own style and can focus on carving instead of focusing on the form. If you're getting faster and it works for you, who cares if your form is 'textbook' or not? look at the MotoGP and the TT guys. They're not all 'textbook'. They all have some freakin weird BP at times haha
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2013, 04:26 PM   #208
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post

This IS true. Can't argue with that. I had a lot of racers mention the most comfortable way is the best way as long as you're not upsetting the bike. I also spoke to a pretty damn fast expert midweight racer friend of mine who says he changed his riding style at least 4-5 times as he got faster and faster to adapt and feel comfortable. So I guess nothing's set on stone.

I still wanna make sure I'm "faster & safe" out there. Just gonna focus on form that puts me in a good spot to change direction fast (which is where I lack the most I believe) and not upset the suspension too much (which is what I did last time)

Anyway. Thinking out loud Thanks Chris & Chris haha

Old September 21st, 2013, 06:44 PM   #209
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

You have the same attitude as I do Gurk, I learn the skills for the "next" faster pace before I start riding it, so I feel you. The R6 is sexy yes and a raging b*tch when unhappy but... speaks to you with a very soft & subtle voice to tell you what it she wants. The challenge as a rider is to listen and react to the subtle messages to prevent the raging b*tch part (or at least try too lol).

Listen closely to your bike Gurk. Try to reflect on your crash event but more importantly, recall what the bike was trying to tell you a few laps before. I don't know if BP played a role in your crash or not but I can say this; If she wanted your head farther down, it's going down one way or the other. hahahahahah Feel what I mean?

Last futzed with by csmith12; September 21st, 2013 at 07:55 PM.

Old September 21st, 2013, 08:25 PM   #210
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
You have the same attitude as I do Gurk, I learn the skills for the "next" faster pace before I start riding it, so I feel you. The R6 is sexy yes and a raging b*tch when unhappy but... speaks to you with a very soft & subtle voice to tell you what it she wants. The challenge as a rider is to listen and react to the subtle messages to prevent the raging b*tch part (or at least try too lol).

Listen closely to your bike Gurk. Try to reflect on your crash event but more importantly, recall what the bike was trying to tell you a few laps before. I don't know if BP played a role in your crash or not but I can say this; If she wanted your head farther down, it's going down one way or the other. hahahahahah Feel what I mean?
Hahhaha. yep. i gotta say i've had no issues with "getting my head down" for any "r6" I "rode" before. So I'll do what's necessary

Old September 21st, 2013, 09:11 PM   #211
KawiKid860

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

Woah guys. Apparently saying I want out of C group is a no-no? I'm not scared of people passing me and stuff, but seriously it's annoying to only be able to pass on the straights when my bike is slower than 90% of what's out theres. This is a 250 forum you guys should know that feeling, the only reason I could pass all the R6s, Ducatis, ZX14s and busas was because there's a very slight bend at the end of the straight a lot of people slow down for when you don't really need to.

I know B group is a mix of riders, I did watch on a corner (if that's what parking on a corner is). A group guys are insane, B seemed to be generally slower but not a huge mix of skill. It's hard to work on BP when you're jammed up through the tight stuff because everyone on their superduperbike hauls ass on the straights then can't turn as well.

You're all more track experienced than I am, but this is what I got from my perspective. If I go into B group I can worry about me and the people who need to pass me will be allowed to and if I need to pass someone I will be able to in the corners.

I did get a butt cam going but it was on my 2nd sessions so I was still extreeeeemely noobish, I did much better later in the day until I started wearing out.

Also, I don't see why it's required to hit the limits of my bike before moving onto C group. I may never hit the true limit of my older CBR and one day in the future I'l' own newer, better bikes and most likely a track dedicated one. Should I stay in C group for the rest of eternity then? And what's the big deal about tire pressures and suspension settings? The bike gripped well all day and I'm too noobish for that to even make a difference. My tires are mismatched anyways so.. I figured high 20s cold were fine from the last time I checked them.
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2013, 11:43 PM   #212
Aufitt
The A Team

Name: Aufitt

Motorcycle(s): Z50, CB125, RZ500, MC22, R3.

It was your first track day, did it have full coaching?

if not, don't step up till you get the basics.
this will help you in the long term.
Aufitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 22nd, 2013, 07:40 AM   #213
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

You can give I/B group a try anytime you want. Just go out with a control rider your first time that you move groups and go from there.

Moar pics!

1st - getting low in turn 2
2nd - hip flick/knee to knee and some nasty stuff at the edge of the track
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2968 (Custom).JPG (117.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2967 (Custom).JPG (112.5 KB, 8 views)

Old September 30th, 2013, 05:39 AM   #214
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

My end of season last 2 days at the track yielded my final entry into the BP contest. lol And sadly, still on my quest to get an elbow down in this corner. I think I can get another inch or so when I finally swap out those stock bars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3336 (Custom).JPG (141.5 KB, 23 views)

Old September 30th, 2013, 09:05 AM   #215
Aufitt
The A Team

Name: Aufitt

Motorcycle(s): Z50, CB125, RZ500, MC22, R3.

Yesterday round the fast banked T4 Left hander at Barbs-

Gonna buy this pic.
Aufitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2013, 07:18 AM   #216
stlcbr
Braaap

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250r SE. 2002 Suzuki DRZ400e Supermoto

Quote:
My end of season last 2 days at the track yielded my final entry into the BP contest. lol And sadly, still on my quest to get an elbow down in this corner. I think I can get another inch or so when I finally swap out those stock bars.

Turn 10 at Putnam?

Old October 1st, 2013, 07:19 AM   #217
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Yes sir

Old October 1st, 2013, 07:23 AM   #218
stlcbr
Braaap

Quote:
Yes sir
Looking good

I have Gateway this weekend, and will be at Putnam the next... Can't wait to break in the 250 and have some fun. Putnam is one of my favorite tracks and haven't been there since last april

Old October 1st, 2013, 10:27 AM   #219
Knolly
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): Daytona 675

Not my best but I just thought this was a cool shot.

Knolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2013, 11:31 AM   #220
stlcbr
Braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly View Post
Not my best but I just thought this was a cool shot.

You look better on it than the previous owner lol. See you at gateway, what class will you be riding in?

Old October 1st, 2013, 11:41 AM   #221
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Man.... I can't wait to race with you guys. Hope we have a good schedule next year, this one kinda sucked this year.

Old October 1st, 2013, 11:58 AM   #222
Knolly
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcbr View Post
You look better on it than the previous owner lol. See you at gateway, what class will you be riding in?
Hahaha, well thanks. I'll be in Intermediate and racing both days. If the forecast sticks around for rain I might ask to borrow back my front stand (still waiting on the right Pit Bull pin for mine) to swap rains on, haha. See you there!

Old October 1st, 2013, 12:10 PM   #223
DCMoney
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 1198s, Triumph D675, Suzuki SV1000s, `08 Ninja 250, `11 Ninja 250, Suzuki GS750

Quote:
Hahaha, well thanks. I'll be in Intermediate and racing both days. If the forecast sticks around for rain I might ask to borrow back my front stand (still waiting on the right Pit Bull pin for mine) to swap rains on, haha. See you there!
You can borrow one of my stands, I have the front pin for the 250 and a bottom fork lift stand, both Pitbulls.

And yeah your body position looks way better than mine, its something I have to work on this weekend.

Old October 1st, 2013, 12:18 PM   #224
Knolly
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMoney View Post
You can borrow one of my stands, I have the front pin for the 250 and a bottom fork lift stand, both Pitbulls.

And yeah your body position looks way better than mine, its something I have to work on this weekend.
Ah that'd work too. And hey, speed is more important than looking good. That's what I'm gonna be working on, haha. Bring the bluetooth headsets for me!

Old October 1st, 2013, 02:00 PM   #225
stlcbr
Braaap

Quote:
Ah that'd work too. And hey, speed is more important than looking good. That's what I'm gonna be working on, haha. Bring the bluetooth headsets for me!
False, looking good is 95% of it

Old October 1st, 2013, 02:02 PM   #226
stlcbr
Braaap

Quote:
No worries, feel free to come grab it anytime you need, I'll be running Intermediate for Saturday at least. Just until I break her in and get acquainted

Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:45 PM   #227
Darling Ninja
ninjette.org guru

Name: Annette

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 ABS

Chuckwalla trackday 9/20/2013. I felt like I made so much progress with body positioning during that trackday, and then I raced the Honda Grom 9/21 and rode like cr*p! I don't know what happened.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chuck.jpg (106.3 KB, 6 views)

Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:53 PM   #228
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

Taken September 7 or 8th at Chuckwalla--Turn 10

Turn 9

*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 4th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #229
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Working on hanging off more (not at full lean).

Old October 7th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #230
stlcbr
Braaap

This past Saturday at Gateway Motorsports Park with MCRA, First time out on the new 250

Old October 7th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #231
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Nice!

Old October 7th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #232
stlcbr
Braaap

Quote:
Nice!
Thanks! Now come out to Putnam this weekend!

Old October 7th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #233
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Couldn't make it. I am in FL for the week on business/holiday. How did it go?

Last futzed with by csmith12; October 7th, 2013 at 06:55 PM.

Old October 7th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #234
Knolly
ninjette.org member

I'm not in focus in this shot but I love it:

Old October 8th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #235
DCMoney
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 1198s, Triumph D675, Suzuki SV1000s, `08 Ninja 250, `11 Ninja 250, Suzuki GS750

Wife going through turn 2

Alex has awesome body position, now you just have to go faster!

Resized photos.

Old October 8th, 2013, 07:06 AM   #236
Knolly
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Wife going through turn 2
Dat knee down!

Quote:
Alex has awesome body position, now you just have to go faster!
Yeah, I'm kind of annoyed I didn't manage a personal best on Saturday since I know I'm giving up at least a solid 5 seconds in turn 1, 5, and 6. Ah well, just gotta tighten up my lines. Over the winter I'm doing a mod where I'm removing the throttle tube so the bike will just be at wide open throttle all of the time. That ought to help.

Old October 8th, 2013, 07:14 AM   #237
DCMoney
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Dat knee down!

Yeah, I'm kind of annoyed I didn't manage a personal best on Saturday since I know I'm giving up at least a solid 5 seconds in turn 1, 5, and 6. Ah well, just gotta tighten up my lines. Over the winter I'm doing a mod where I'm removing the throttle tube so the bike will just be at wide open throttle all of the time. That ought to help.
LOL, that would be awesome just hit a switch leaving pit and it goes from idle to WOT!

I ran a personal best in the race Sunday 1:17.6. GPX Pro says if I would do everything right through every corner I could run a 1:15.5

Old October 8th, 2013, 07:17 AM   #238
Knolly
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I ran a personal best in the race Sunday 1:17.6. GPX Pro says if I would do everything right through every corner I could run a 1:15.5
I'm expecting to see both you and Rick on the podium next season!

Old October 8th, 2013, 07:28 AM   #239
DCMoney
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I'm expecting to see both you and Rick on the podium next season!
There's going to be some extremely fast guys running 250's next year, positions 1-6 are going to be a battle!

I'm going to be sending Justin boxes of chocolates every week till the start of next season in hope of him gaining some weight! Ah what it would be like to be skinny!

Old October 8th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #240
stlcbr
Braaap

Quote:
There's going to be some extremely fast guys running 250's next year, positions 1-6 are going to be a battle!

I'm going to be sending Justin boxes of chocolates every week till the start of next season in hope of him gaining some weight! Ah what it would be like to be skinny!
Or just start working out with me drew!