ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old July 31st, 2012, 06:45 AM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Heads up: NOS Givi headlight protectors available on eBay

I just noticed a UK eBay seller with new-old stock clear Givi headlight protectors for the pregen. These might be useful for making a custom headlight shape too. I'm considering ordering a couple to experiment on because the price is right (under $8).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-ZZR...item3a77991954
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2012, 07:37 PM   #2
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Name: Lupe

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

cant wait to see some of the things u try, i always had an idea about using vinyl to change the shape of the headlight but that seems like it would be a better idea.

Old July 31st, 2012, 07:43 PM   #3
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I will be changing mine with black vinyl because I have an hid kit on the way (to lower electrical load so my efi is happy because my battery is tiny and I want more light anyways.) and I don't want to blind people. I will attempt a cool/quirky looking headlight shape that is functional at cutting scatter. I'll post up to show you what I come up with. Like this option, vinyl is very cheap.
Posted via Mobile Device
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2012, 07:51 PM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7oxSin View Post
cant wait to see some of the things u try, i always had an idea about using vinyl to change the shape of the headlight but that seems like it would be a better idea.
Thanks. I hope not to disappoint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
I will be changing mine with black vinyl because I have an hid kit on the way (to lower electrical load so my efi is happy because my battery is tiny and I want more light anyways.) and I don't want to blind people. I will attempt a cool/quirky looking headlight shape that is functional at cutting scatter. I'll post up to show you what I come up with. Like this option, vinyl is very cheap.
Posted via Mobile Device
Won't the lens get too hot for vinyl? I'm using colored headlight mesh with a custom-cut fairing (ordered one with the headlight completely covered). The headlight design will extend beyond the edges of the lens and onto the painted fairing.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2012, 08:05 PM   #5
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Dunno, I guess I'll find out!

Its a 35w setup though, so maybe that should help with the heat in comparison to a 55w halogen? I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Posted via Mobile Device
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote