ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Notices

Old December 5th, 2019, 01:03 AM   #1
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Advanced 250/300

Just got a season pass at The Ridge for TrackTime; made the call to go with Advanced group and run my ninjettes at least some sessions. A bit intimidating to be in a group for "sub-2-minutes" on a track where before they slowed 13 down the record was barely under that.
But I told the organizers and I've been told I'm pretty clean/predictable so... hopefully.
@Misti I'm counting on ya

Old December 8th, 2019, 09:43 AM   #2
JFMNINJA400
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): GSXR 750, GSXR 600, Ninja 400, Ninja 300

Some orgs have the smaller bike riders wear vest so the riders on the bigger bikes know a smaller bike is in front of them. Some just prefer to ride in the intermediate group with their smaller bike. Some orgs just because you RACE put you in the ADVANCE group, which I don’t agree with. So it all depends.
JFMNINJA400 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 8th, 2019, 10:42 AM   #3
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Some orgs aren't that smart. They group riders according to flat out lap times with no regard to the bike they are on. That's how we get dangerous asshats in advanced group on literbikes with lines that look like crap and questionable passes.

Riders need need to be grouped by smoothness, predictability and apex speed. Wearing a bright colored shirt on a 300 at a track day is a good call though.

Also, the best track time for small bikes doesn't come at track days, it comes at racing practice, where you are not only split up between expert and amateur, you are split up by class. I know some guys who "race" and do a full practice day, get in all the practice they can, maybe do one race and call it a weekend that beats the hell out of a typical track day full of aasshats.

Old December 8th, 2019, 10:20 PM   #4
JFMNINJA400
ninjette.org member

Asshats, lol!!! I have been doing track days since 2008. I have noticed for a fact that track days during the week are far calmer than on the weekends. I have experienced some very dangerous track days with some weekend warriors. Total crash fest!!! Multiple red flags per session. Total asshats!!! Can’t blame the Org putting on the track day just the morons who show up.

Old December 8th, 2019, 11:29 PM   #5
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
I used to go every Thursday to Willow Springs back when WSMC was around. Cost $90 and I had track to myself with maybe 15-20 other racers. That was glorious!!!

Unfortunately, most trackday providers don’t want to be too harsh with their paying customers. Too bad that half of all riders are below average and shouldn’t be on track at all. As a business, cutting them out would be serious loss of revenue.

I tend to stay away from outfits that’s too lenient and don’t enforce safety rules. I get season pass with PTT and Keigwins. Unfortunately, Keigwins got too lax with requiring mandatory riders meeting attendance and that idiot Kim did them in.

I have no problems hanging in A-advanced group on tighter tracks like Laguna Secs or Sears Point with my 250. On bigger tracks like Buttonwillow or Thunderhill, I’m more comfortable in B-intermediate as I’ll be one of fastest ones out there; very few people get by me. Still didn’t prevent idiot on litre-bike flying by me on straight and pulling in front if me and slamming on his brakes 150m before my braking marker! Grrr.... At least I gave him quite a scare when I rear-ended him and landed on his back!! Ahhahhshahahhh!!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2019, 09:05 AM   #6
JFMNINJA400
ninjette.org member

I agree some Orgs don’t want to be too strict and lose customers. But you don’t want too be too lenient and turn everyone off! Why does it seem most ASSHATS are on liter bikes at track days? They see a little bike and have to pass at all cost. They take it personal that you are in front of them. They pass you dirty (too close), then park it in front of you! I don’t care about being passed, but if I have to hit the brakes when you pass, then that was not a clean pass!

I admit, it’s so REWARDING to pass a liter bike on the 400 on the track!!! 2020 will be my 1st season with the 250 on the track. Looking forward to my 1st liter bike victim!

Old December 9th, 2019, 01:24 PM   #7
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
I prefer, ironically, to run in the beginner group. I sometimes like to experiment which would make Expert uncomfortable and intermediate tends to be "Thunderdome" (there's a great meme of this I can't find off hand).

This group, however, has an 'only passing in the straights' for beginner group (and only on the outside for intermediate, which I think misses the safety of an opening door pass but whatever)

Since I also want to run my liter bikes and my season pass required I pick a single group to run with I picked advanced. I did let them know I'll be running the baby bike and if I know I'm planning to I'll let them know so they can bump me down a slot. They'll also remind the expert group to watch for us if I'm running there (or another person is running one).

Track Time also only runs 30/35 per group, which is VERY manageable for a 2.5 mile track.

Old December 10th, 2019, 08:32 AM   #8
JFMNINJA400
ninjette.org member

The intermediate group is usually the most dangerous group. Most crashes are usually in the intermediate group. Some orgs I ride in the Advance group some intermediate. I have not tracked the 250 yet, I got it at the end of track season.
IMO, the 250 rides/handles very similar to the 400. I was comfortable on it right away. I will take the 250 out in the intermediate and stalk the bigger bikes! The 400 will be my race weapon!