ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old May 12th, 2024, 09:40 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[roadracingworld.com] - American Flat Track: Race Results From The Ventura Short Trac

Progressive American Flat Track (AFT) Championship Ventura Short Track Ventura, California May 11, 2024 Provisional Royal Enfield BTR Main Event Results (all on Dunlop tires): 1. Kenzie Luker (Roy), 10 […]

The post American Flat Track: Race Results From The Ventura Short Track appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.

Progressive American Flat Track (AFT) Championship

Ventura Short Track

Ventura, California

May 11, 2024

Provisional Royal Enfield BTR Main Event Results (all on Dunlop tires):

1. Kenzie Luker (Roy), 10 laps

2. Shasta L’Heureux (Roy), -01.220 seconds

3. Mya Maffei (Roy), -03.083

4. Mikaela Nichols-Lionetti (Roy), -07.249

5. Hannah Lange (Roy), -10.180

6. Morgan Piller (Roy), -16.728

7. Hannah Robertson (Roy), -18.314

8. Kristiana Ross (Roy), -1 lap, -04.573

Provisional Parts Unlimited AFT Singles Main Event Results (all on Dunlop tires):

1. Tom Drane (Yam), 27 laps

2. Dalton Gauthier (KTM), -01.394 seconds

3. Trent Lowe (Hon), -02.105

4. Kody Kopp (KTM), -02.744

5. Chase Saathoff (Hon), -03.329

6. Evan Renshaw (Hon), -06.385

7. Tarren Santero (Hon), -07.619

8. James Ott (Hus), -07.937

9. Logan Eisenhard (KTM), -08.896

10. Tyler Raggio (KTM), -11.820

11. Travis Petton (KTM), -12.102

12. Jared Lowe (Hon), -12.354

13. Michael Inderbitzin (Hon), -12.568

14. Cole Frederickson (Hon), -1 lap, -01.154

15. Hunter Bauer (Yam), -1 lap, -01.495

16. Justin Anselmi (Yam), -1 lap, -02.580

17. Ian Wolfe (Hon), -1 lap, -10.088

18. Olin Kissler (KTM), -1 lap, -11.188

19. Chad Cose (KTM), -2 laps

Provisional Mission SuperTwins Main Event Results (all on Dunlop tires):

1. Briar Bauman (KTM), 42 laps

2. Dallas Daniels (Yam), -04.613 seconds

3. Jared Mees (Ind), -07.170

4. Jarod VanDerKooi (Ind), -07.812

5. Brandon Robinson (Ind), -09.251

6. Bronson Bauman (KTM), -09.978

7. Kayl Kolkman (Yam), -12.627

8. Trevor Brunner (KTM), -14.414

9. Dan Bromley (Hon), -14.979

10. Max Whale (Har), -1 lap, -00.817

11. Brandon Price (Yam), -1 lap, -02.988

12. Cameron Smith (KTM), -1 lap, -06.510

13. Ben Lowe (KTM), -1 lap, -13.576

14. Davis Fisher (Ind), -2 laps, -01.411

15. Kolby Carlile (Yam), -2 laps, -02.333

16. Sammy Halbert (Har), -10 laps, DNF

17. Johnny Lewis (Roy), -41 laps, DNF

18. Declan Bender (Ind), -41 laps, DNF

19. Morgen Mischler (Hon), -41 laps, DNF

More, from a press release issued by AFT:

Bauman Takes Ventura Short Track in Beachside Blowout

Briar Bauman (3). Photo courtesy AFT.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (May 11, 2024) – Briar Bauman (No. 3 Rick Ware Racing/KTM/Parts Plus KTM 790 Duke) scored his first victory of the 2024 Progressive American Flat Track season, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing, with an utterly dominant performance in Saturday night’s Memphis Shades Ventura Short Track at Ventura Raceway in Ventura, California.

The two-time Grand National Champion came into the weekend seeking not just his first Mission AFT SuperTwins win of the year but his first podium of any kind. He ended that uncharacteristic drought in most convincing fashion, backing up a stirring win in the Mission #2Fast2Tasty Challenge with a wire-to-wire runaway in the Main Event.

Bauman’s superiority finally brought order to what had been a chaotic affair in the early going. A red flag flew moments after the initial start due to a terrifying incident that saw Johnny Lewis (No. 10 Moto Anatomy X Powered by Royal Enfield 650) carom off the wall and crash back into the pack that had not yet separated.

That triggered a chain reaction that also collected Ben Lowe (No. 25 Rackley Racing/Mission Foods KTM 790 Duke), Declan Bender (No. 70 GOMR/BriggsAuto.com/Martin Trucking Indian FTR750), and Morgen Mischler (No. 13 Big Red Super Twins/Al Lamb’s Dallas Honda Transalp), who completed a full forward flip in the air after contacting the downed Lewis and his machine. Miraculously, all four returned to their feet with Lowe managing to return for the staggered restart.

A second red was issued just as quickly following a spill by hometown hero Kayl Kolkman (No. 98 Yamaha MT-07), who would also return for the subsequent restart.

A third red flag was narrowly avoided when Davis Fisher (No. 67 Rackley Racing/Bob Lanphere’s BMC Racing Indian FTR750) bounced back up from a crash and immediately remounted, allowing the race to continue and at last find its rhythm.

And the beat it drummed up was a victory march for Bauman, who was never challenged on his way to a 4.613-second margin of victory.

Bauman, who lapped his way inside the top ten, said, “First and foremost, I can’t thank Shayna (Texter-Bauman) and Kenny Coolbeth enough, along with everyone else with Rick Ware Racing. We could write a novel about what’s gone on this season. We had quite the offseason, let me tell you. This might have been a bigger change for me, going to a new group of guys, than it was going from an Indian to a KTM last year. It was so big. I kept telling myself all week long that no one understands how long I’ve been waiting on this, and my team deserves it more than I do.”

The only rider who could even pretend to keep Bauman in sight on this evening was title hopeful Dallas Daniels (No. 32 Estenson Racing Yamaha MT-07 DT). The Estenson Racing pilot actually started his push from fifth, slicing underneath Brandon Robinson (No. 44 Mission Roof Systems Indian FTR750), Jared Mees (No. 1 Rogers Racing/SDI Racing/Indian Motorcycle FTR750), and Jarod Vanderkooi (No. 20 JMC Motorsports/Fairway Ford Ohio Indian FTR750) before putting himself in a position to make an honest try at reeling in Bauman.

After that challenge proved insurmountable, Daniels had to be content to solidify his grip on second while Vanderkooi, Mees, and Robinson disputed the final spot on the box behind.

Reigning champ Mees raced his way to that honor as he so often does, with Vanderkooi and Robinson completing the top five.

Sixth and seventh went to twin chargers Bronson Bauman (No. 37 Fastrack Racing Mission Foods KTM 790 Duke) and Kolkman, who battled their way up from 15th and 16th, respectively.

Meanwhile, rookies Trevor Brunner (No. 21 Mission Foods/Zanotti Racing KTM 790 Duke) and Max Whale (No. 18 Latus Motors Racing/Liqui Moly Harley-Davidson XG750R) finished eighth and tenth, with Honda-mounted Dan Bromley (No. 62 Memphis Shades/Vinson/Al Lamb’s Dallas Honda Transalp) splitting the two up by claiming the new machine’s second top ten in ninth.

Daniels now leads the Mission AFT SuperTwins title fight by two points over Robinson (103-101) with Mees third at 93 and Bauman closing to within striking distance at 84.

Parts Unlimited AFT Singles presented by KICKER

Tom Drane (No. 59 Estenson Racing Yamaha YZ450F) secured his second victory of the ‘24 season in an action-packed Parts Unlimited AFT Singles presented by KICKER Main Event that saw the tables turned more than once.

Polesitter, points leader, and double defending champion Kody Kopp (No. 1 Rick Ware Racing/Parts Plus KTM 450 SX-F) was immediately shuffled back to fifth off the line while Chase Saathoff (No. 88 JPG Motorsports Honda CRF450R) jumped at the opportunity to potentially run away with a second career victory after finally earning his maiden win last time out in Texas.

While Saathoff built up an early second-plus advantage at the front, Drane, Dalton Gauthier (No. 79 D&D Racing/Certified KTM 450 SX-F), Trent Lowe (No. 48 American Honda/Mission Foods CRF450R), Kopp, and Logan Eisenhard (No. 66 Hannum’s Harley-Davidson KTM 450 SX-F) formed a big second group, each one trying to find a way to respond to the leader’s immediate pace.

Gauthier was the first to find it, slowly closing the gap to first, taking back approximately a tenth each time around the tight circuit. But by the time he found his way onto the Honda pilot’s rear wheel, he found himself under assault by a charging Drane.

Gauthier was unable to provide much resistance, giving way to the Australian ace in short order, a fate Saathoff would suffer himself moments later with Drane slamming through to grab the lead.

Saathoff attempted to counter but Drane rebuffed the attempt and then proceeded to make his escape; the Yamaha runner ultimately worked up a 1.394-second margin by the time he took the checkered flag.

“At the start of the race, I had to really work hard and figure a few things out,” Drane said. “Toward the end I started finding some lines that really worked. (Once in front) I wasn’t letting (Saathoff) him back through. I was making sure I was making that move happen. I can’t thank my whole team enough. We had that bike dialed from the start of the day. We continued to chip away at it and got it better and better. The team put in a really big effort and we’re here now.”

While Drane cleared off, Gauthier jumped on Saathoff and promptly created his own separation on the way to second. Lowe and Kopp piled on from there with the Turner Honda rider stealing away the final spot on the box and Rick Ware Racing star pushing his title rival down to the fifth in the final order.

As a result, Kopp continues to lead the championship chase, now by 14 points over Drane (108-94) with Saathoff now far behind in third (90).

Next Up:

Progressive American Flat Track will complete its run of five early-season Short Tracks next weekend with the inaugural Silver Dollar Short Track at Silver Dollar Speedway in Chico, California, on Saturday, May 18. Visit https://www.tixr.com/groups/american...rt-track-89147 to secure your tickets today.

For those who can’t catch the action from the circuit, FloRacing is the live streaming home of Progressive AFT. Sign up now and catch every second of the the weekend’s on-track action, from the first practice to the victory podium, at https://flosports.link/aft.

FOX Sports coverage of the Memphis Shades Ventura Short Track, featuring in-depth features and thrilling onboard cameras, will premiere on FS1 on Sunday, May 19, at 12:00 p.m. ET (9:00 a.m. PT).

For more information on Progressive AFT visit https://www.americanflattrack.com.

The post American Flat Track: Race Results From The Ventura Short Track appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.