Old April 20th, 2019, 03:24 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcyclistonline] - Riding 1000 Miles On A BMW R100

Blogs
Chasing the 1,000-mile day on an old airhead

"I wasn’t gunning for a paper with my name on it or a patch on my coat. I wanted 1,000 miles under me in one long day because I needed to know we could do it."…

Click here for full story...

Old April 21st, 2019, 05:10 AM   #2
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
There’s no law against it
Actually there are laws against it.

Here in Virginia it is illegal to drive over 13 hrs in a 24 hr period.

Quote:
§ 46.2-812. Driving more than thirteen hours in twenty-four prohibited.

No person shall drive any motor vehicle on the highways of the Commonwealth for more than thirteen hours in any period of twenty-four hours or for a period which, when added to the time such person may have driven in any other state, would make an aggregate of more than thirteen hours in any twenty-four-hour period. The provisions of this section, however, shall not apply to the operation of motor vehicles used in snow or ice control or removal operations or similar emergency situations.

No owner of any vehicle shall cause or permit it to be driven in violation of this section.
so legally if you want to do an Iron Butt in Virginia you have to start in VA, ride no more than 13 hrs in VA and end in another state.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote