ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Notices

Old September 18th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Standard Sunday Morning Ride (SMR) in Marin this morning

Got a late start leaving the garage this morning, and didn't get on the road until 7:15 or so. Took the big ninja rather than the small ninja, as it hadn't been out in a little while. I procrastinated a bit too long watching the GP race (a bit of a snoozer), and the Indy race (in 4x FF, also a snoozer), and didn't make it to the Big Rock Deli until 8:15 or so. As I approached the rally point, it was pretty depressing not seeing a single bike in the lot, so I rolled right on past. I had electric gear on, and had it partway on all the way up the highway, and kept it on much of the SMR itself. The weather was completely clear, with not a trace of fog or chill, but it was still somewhere in the 50's.

Road conditions were great! I hadn't been on this route in 2 months or so, and there have been some new improvements to the pavement. One notable one is on the climb up Wilson Hill, which used to be a complete minefield. It feels strange now with brand-new smooth pavement. Traffic was light all the way, right until I ran into a bicycle event about 35 minutes in. The roads weren't closed, but they were infested with slow-moving spandex, so I had to dial it way down, and spend much of the ride in the other lane until our routes diverged 10 or 15 minutes later.

I kept hoping I'd catch up to the group, not knowing who the group was, but it wasn't until I made it to the parking lot of Howard's when I recognized a solitary bike, my friend Rob's Duc parked in our usual area. He had just gotten his order, and was kind enough to save a seat for me. I heard about the MSMC extended ride not happening due to the ride leader's health excitement (feel better soon, Ed!). I really enjoyed the salmon benedict which I'd been missing the past few weeks, and also realized that it might be the last time I'd be able to have it again for a few months as well! (Annie's due with little monster #2 on Wednesday, and leaving her alone with both little monsters on a Sunday is going to be a rare occurrence for awhile).

We took separate routes after breakfast, me heading up and over Coleman Valley, and Rob taking a more direct route south. Even over the hill, there wasn't even a bit of the usual fog, and things had warmed up nicely as well.

Glad I made it out, and looking forward to the next time I'm going to be able to as well!

All of my pics today are up in this gallery.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2011, 10:25 AM   #2
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Nice read, nice ride. Nice bike too.

I always find the bikers waving and going just as fast as me?!!
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote