ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Forum Info > Forum Information

View Poll Results: Would you support a paid membership to ninjette?
Yes!! I'd be happy to support the site, providing the amount were reasonable 10 55.56%
No. Keep it free... I like things free. 8 44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #1
kkim

Ninjette.org Membership??

If ninjette were to offer a paid membership in addition the the present free one, who you pay for one? The money obviously would be used to help defray whatever costs it takes to run this site.

Say for the membership Alex offered more PM space, more picture gallery space.. etc., would you be interested??

if so, what amount do you feel would be reasonable?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 14th, 2009, 05:03 PM   #2
CRXTrek
FORMER MOTORCYCLE RIDER

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Rode an 08 250r then rode an 08 ZX-6R until i totaled it on 7/10/10

I thought that was why i'm skipping a week of cheeseburgers.
CRXTrek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 14th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #3
kazam58
Sarcasm: Yea that'll work

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

no, sorry...I'm cheap...
kazam58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 14th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I certainly don't mind a poll like this, but all I'd say is that there is nothing on the horizon that would make this necessary for the foreseeable future. I like free things, and required paid access for forums that used to be free, even if it just means different levels of access or support, well, I'm not a fan.

If we got to the point where server capacity and bandwidth constraints were really affecting the usefulness of the board, and there just wasn't enough coming in from ads or other sources (point of reference, ninjette.org made $7.58 total from the ads for January 2009), then maybe this discussion would become more timely. But we're not there, I don't think we're anywhere near there, and it's quite feasible we'll never get there.

Right now there isn't anyone on the board who is using more than a fraction of their allocated space for PM's, albums, or anything else. If you do find yourself bumping up against a limit and want it raised, PM me, and I can likely fix it for you right away. The limits aren't infinite of course, but they can be much higher than people might expect.

I didn't launch the site with the intention of ever making it a profit center for me or anybody else, I just wanted a place where fellow ninjette owners could gather online and enjoy themselves. If it becomes self-supporting at some point, even better, but it's not a particularly important goal for me.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 14th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #5
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Thanks Alex - I think you know if it ever gets to a point that we need to kick in to keep the site up that we'd do it without hesitation. What you have given us is too good to every die for lack of financial support.

Old February 14th, 2009, 08:27 PM   #6
NJD022588
============

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Is this for a mandatory paid membership, or optional?

I think if it's optional, go for it. I would hate to lose some members if they do not have the money to pay, even if it is only a couple dollars.
NJD022588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 14th, 2009, 08:30 PM   #7
kkim

it's a moot point now. Alex has just said he won't be taking money for site membership anytime in the near future.

My poll was for optional paid membership w/ free membership still being offered.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 15th, 2009, 12:51 AM   #8
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
Thanks Alex - I think you know if it ever gets to a point that we need to kick in to keep the site up that we'd do it without hesitation. What you have given us is too good to every die for lack of financial support.

I wouldn't have a problem paying if I had to, but as someone already said, I'm cheap. BUT, OG hit on the head, if it came down to it, and I was able, I would be happy to pitch in.

nb

Old February 16th, 2009, 08:21 AM   #9
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

You can do what BARF does and have contributing members, they donate. I would be happy to donate too!